Kim and co - speechless!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Samsmum

Registered Shopper
Just got in from work and I'm so glad I've missed most of the Kim and Co hour- foul, foul, foul!
I feel sorry for the models - I bet they feel like proper dollsheads wearing that shite- honestly can't believe my eyes and unfortunately she's back tomorrow! I know she must shift some stuff but I'm left wondering to who? I'm 51 and would not be seen dead in these prints that are similar to my nanas back room curtains in 1973!

I've been critical of QVC fashion in the past, get your tin helmet ready Samsmum1...there are those who love, love, love Kim's sh**e. It may not be to our taste but it appeals to many others. I totally agree about it the old fashioned prints, guastly in my opinion.

Who buys it?

Me!

Her jersey tops are great to wear with formal suits to add a pop of colour. Plus I wear a lot of the casual tops with jeans when off duty.

They pack well, don't need an iron and keep their shape and the colours stay vibrant.

Her dresses are also really great as workwear.

I'm middle aged, have a professional job where I meet people from all walks of life and not once has anyone pointed and laughed or failed to take me seriously when wearing something from the range - it's just about choosing the right item and pairing it with something appropriate.

I get that we all have different tastes BUT just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make it 's****'.

I also have a few Kimmie tunics and dresses. I wear the tunics with leggings. The summer dresses are lovely knitted jersey. It all washes well and packs well. I like bright colours.

I used to have a few Kim & Co dresses and tops but I have gone off them now and only have 2 left in my wardrobe. I have not liked the prints in the last couple of years, and my tastes have changed a bit so I had a bit of a wardrobe cul.

It's is like all ranges on Q and DHS, a large proportion is not for me (for many reasons) but that is not to say that there are not bits and pieces which paired with the right trousers etc aren't fine. For the first time in ages I bought.a couple of Kim's sleeveless tops which I wore on holiday with white linen trousers in the evening and I received quite a few compliments and I didn't feel I had to wear a bag over my head.

I too have worn them under jackets.

For me when you add the postage it is just too expensive and the fit is a bit hit and miss nowadays.

I also have a few Kim tops and a pair of trousers I wear regularly,but many of her offerings lately are not as good in my opinion.

I had a Marble top when they first started on Q and although I wore it a few times the quality was not good and it soon looked limp. That's just my experience of one top .

I think most of it looks horribly frumpy. I have seen the odd dress l've liked but wouldn't dream of paying the prices they charge.

Who buys it?

Me!

Her jersey tops are great to wear with formal suits to add a pop of colour. Plus I wear a lot of the casual tops with jeans when off duty.

They pack well, don't need an iron and keep their shape and the colours stay vibrant.

Her dresses are also really great as workwear.

I'm middle aged, have a professional job where I meet people from all walks of life and not once has anyone pointed and laughed or failed to take me seriously when wearing something from the range - it's just about choosing the right item and pairing it with something appropriate.

I get that we all have different tastes BUT just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make it 's****'.

I'm also middle aged and until having another baby at 45 ( I know- stupid!) was a retail manager and had to wear suits. I absolutely love bright colours and just don't suit pastels, so it's not the bright colours that offend me in Kim's range. Some of the styles and/or prints are questionable and who wears cummerbunds? It's 2015 for gods sake?!

I think most of it looks horribly frumpy. I have seen the odd dress l've liked but wouldn't dream of paying the prices they charge.
Exactly - it's a shame because Kim's really pretty and would look stunning in something more ( hate the phrase!) 'modern'
Love your username by the way - my favourite band!

I've got 3 Kim & Co tops bought way back when, 2 on TSVs which I don't wear any more and am only keeping them because they pack well for holidays, and my £10 top on clearance which gets a lot of wear. I've got rid of a few recently because they were plain boring and samey and I updated my wardrobe.

Exactly - it's a shame because Kim's really pretty and would look stunning in something more ( hate the phrase!) 'modern'
Love your username by the way - my favourite band!

My eye-to-brain communication is seriously in question: I read 'band' as brand! I was wondering if I'd missed a new range on QVC! Although I've not heard them in years, they were among my favourite bands. And I'm not admitting to how long ago!

My eye-to-brain communication is seriously in question: I read 'band' as brand! I was wondering if I'd missed a new range on QVC! Although I've not heard them in years, they were among my favourite bands. And I'm not admitting to how long ago!
Me neither! I used to luurve David Coverdale with his long hair back in the day- still wouldn't kick him out on a dark night! Lol!

Me neither! I used to luurve David Coverdale with his long hair back in the day- still wouldn't kick him out on a dark night! Lol!

I just googled him, to see how he had aged; bit of a mixed bag, some photos good, some scary! Must say, he looks good in a tux, though.

I saw a show yesterday with Jackie Kabler. In the show Jackie was wearing a dull olive coloured dress (plain) and the hem was longer on one side than the other, and showed all of Jackie's lumps and bumps. She looked dreadful in it. I just wonder if it was the only thing on the rail which she felt able to wear among the riot of horrendous patterns on offer. I'm surprised, since she was raving about the jump suits, that she didn't wear one. There was one in a very restrained pattern which would have looked nice. They had Brisella (sp?) and Cordelia modelling it, and this item actually looked really nice.

I also think that whoever is styling the Kim shows these days has seriously lost the plot. Far too much of the stuff is in horrible prints and they are struggling (in my view) to make them look their best when paired with other offerings in Kim's range. Bottom line though - Kim looks dreadful in her own stuff these days, which surely should tell her she's heading in the wrong direction with her designs and particularly the patterns she's choosing.

Does anyone else think the Marble knitwear on at present is very skimpy looking, even on the slim ladies.

I was going to start a thread on Marble clothes :)
I have a few Marble tops , one which I bought when Marble first came to the Q and because it quite reasonably priced, and the others either as OTO or in clearance.
Today I saw a ordinary looking "jumper" and it was £ 56 (P&P included) !!!:mysmilie_466: I used to think the designer was nice, but I think she is getting very greedy since she has got her clothes on QVC :mysmilie_10:
Her clothes designs are getting very repetitive also!

Latest posts

Back