Kim and co - speechless!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have had a couple of Kim pieces in the past & they are comfortable.Her prints IMO have certainly gone downhill the colours are garish and imagery not sophisticated.The prices have escalated and many items for what they are are far too expensive.BUT that is just my opinion, I don't buy any fashion from QVC and my most 'hated' range is Yong Kim but hey some like it & it wouldn't do if we were all the same!

I saw a show yesterday with Jackie Kabler. In the show Jackie was wearing a dull olive coloured dress (plain) and the hem was longer on one side than the other, and showed all of Jackie's lumps and bumps. She looked dreadful in it. I just wonder if it was the only thing on the rail which she felt able to wear among the riot of horrendous patterns on offer. I'm surprised, since she was raving about the jump suits, that she didn't wear one. There was one in a very restrained pattern which would have looked nice. They had Brisella (sp?) and Cordelia modelling it, and this item actually looked really nice.

I also think that whoever is styling the Kim shows these days has seriously lost the plot. Far too much of the stuff is in horrible prints and they are struggling (in my view) to make them look their best when paired with other offerings in Kim's range. Bottom line though - Kim looks dreadful in her own stuff these days, which surely should tell her she's heading in the wrong direction with her designs and particularly the patterns she's choosing.
Phew- someone who actually agrees with me- was beginning to think it was just me! Lol!

Phew- someone who actually agrees with me- was beginning to think it was just me! Lol!

No it isn't that we totally agree/disagree just that there are good, bad and downright ugly in every range / shop no matter what the price.

Exactly - it's all down to personal choice and taste.

I just think it's a bit 'off' to label something as 's****' just because you don't like it.

I just think it's a bit 'off' to label something as 's****' just because you don't like it.

I'm a lapsed Kim buyer myself. In the past she's done fabulous stuff... but I do think that the patterns and designs have taken a turn for the worse. I am sure if you have the time and patience there are still gems to buy. Do you find it's still as easy to spot the pieces that will suit you?

I'm more of a Lennie girl myself - just bought some new dresses from his range. It's sad he's not still at the helm (RIP Lennie), but there are still the classic silhouettes which were originated during his time, where I will look out for new colours/patterns and buy. Some of the stuff is utterly hideous, though and I wouldn't consider buying it.

My rule of thumb is to ignore the pattern and look at the silhouette - if it's one I know will flatter me, and the pattern isn't horrendous, I will go for it. I know what shapes and styles and colours suit me best.

In any of QVC's fashion ranges I would be more willing to take a chance if the postage wasn't so steep, and if they had the decency to cap it for a basket of goods, rather than charge per item.

Not much chance of that currently, more's the pity. I'm more and more convinced that the postage is where QVC makes its money - I don't think their much-vaunted buying power amounts to anything these days, most of the time... so I doubt that the margin is in the goods themselves.

Ok ok i get it! Everybody has a right to their opinion and others have been far more 'vocal' in their dislike for other fashion ranges such as Yong Kim. I quite like some of her stuff but wouldn't have a go at the people who have expressed how much they hate it!

Ok ok i get it! Everybody has a right to their opinion and others have been far more 'vocal' in their dislike for other fashion ranges such as Yong Kim. I quite like some of her stuff but wouldn't have a go at the people who have expressed how much they hate it!

I'd have said the same if you were talking about any brand really - it's not personal. I don't care if someone hates something... I hate loads of things on Q but I understand and respect that other people might think the opposite.

I just get fed up with seeing people describe something as 's***' just because they don't like it - instead, they could say they thought it was gaudy, loud, hated the material, design or whatever BUT saying it's 's***' is just OTT.

I'd have said the same if you were talking about any brand really - it's not personal. I don't care if someone hates something... I hate loads of things on Q but I understand and respect that other people might think the opposite.

I just get fed up with seeing people describe something as 's***' just because they don't like it - instead, they could say they thought it was gaudy, loud, hated the material, design or whatever BUT saying it's 's***' is just OTT.

Crikey don't hang around on here long if you're easily offended- there was a thread about Jill Franks the other week - someone called her a tw**! You'd have steam coming out of your ears! Lol!

I had some trousers and a couple of skirts (one from her other range if anyone remembers that?), but I changed and they no longer suited, I would look, but she stopped using viscose/rayon and went over to polyester, which I find difficult to wear, for some reason, tmi here I am sure, if I wear tops they get incredibly whiffy around the pits (after a single wear even) no matter how much deodorant I put on and skirts and trousers they cling like a second skin. The whiffiness is impossible to eradicate also, seeming to have become linked to the fabric at the molecular level! Respect to anyone who can wear it, but they cost too much to have to ditch after one wear!

Crikey don't hang around on here long if you're easily offended- there was a thread about Jill Franks the other week - someone called her a tw**! You'd have steam coming out of your ears! Lol!

Sometimes l feel people are not allowed opinions on here. Nobody is right or wrong. If you think something is s**** then fine. That is your particular opinion.

I often wonder if quality has gone down in Q fashion brands since the expansion into China ,Germany Italy etc.It must be a bit of a nightmare keeping up with the sheer numbers of garments needing to be produced Also the designs need to appeal to a wider pool of cutomers .I remember Lenny getting very frazzled with his various travels.

Just seeing a promo for Susan Graver and I think her brand has deteriorated too.

I often wonder if quality has gone down in Q fashion brands since the expansion into China ,Germany Italy etc.It must be a bit of a nightmare keeping up with the sheer numbers of garments needing to be produced Also the designs need to appeal to a wider pool of cutomers .I remember Lenny getting very frazzled with his various travels.

Just seeing a promo for Susan Graver and I think her brand has deteriorated too.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Sometimes l feel people are not allowed opinions on here. Nobody is right or wrong. If you think something is s**** then fine. That is your particular opinion.

Thanks Whitesnake you summed up what I was trying to say perfectly!

Samsmum, I've got news for you...they were made from my Mum's lounge curtains, circa 1973! :mysmilie_59:
Just got in from work and I'm so glad I've missed most of the Kim and Co hour- foul, foul, foul!
I feel sorry for the models - I bet they feel like proper dollsheads wearing that shite- honestly can't believe my eyes and unfortunately she's back tomorrow! I know she must shift some stuff but I'm left wondering to who? I'm 51 and would not be seen dead in these prints that are similar to my nanas back room curtains in 1973!

I can't listen to her voice, every time the advert comes on I have to mute the tv, I can't believe she says I was never a sales person, I was always a designer stylist - like there is something wrong with being a sales person

I think she genuinely means it because she doesn't have the personality to be a sales person. She's awkward around people she doesn't know very well or doesn't relate to. I don't think she's belittling sales folk.

Latest posts

Back