Michele Hope V Kim & Co

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
It has struck me that Michele Hope's clothes are as bad as, if not worse than Kim & Co but seems to get away with it on the account of being slightly less annoying as a guest.

Watching a show the other day I noticed that the prices were just as silly, every thing was "fashioned" from varying grades of gawdy,migraine inducing patterned acrylic fabric.

I never thought I'd hear myself typing this, but I'm gonna stick up for Kim here. I will acknowledge the fact that she's completely annoying and talks a pile of unintelligible cr*p, but among the piles of shapeless offerings and static electricity there's a few really lovely things, which I would possibly buy, if the prices weren't so high. However, the clothes are made on the other side of the pond, so we must consider the shipping costs and the fact that she has to take a long haul flight to get here, Wheras our 'Chele only has to jump on the next bus!

Kim looks great in her clothes as well, 'Chele love....back to the drawing board. I really don't know what look she's trying to achieve.....she looks like a cross between an ageing Barbie doll and one of Charlie's Angels. The filigree shawls are totally ageing, as are the lurid "housecoats" she insists on modelling....her two types of skirt are both blinking awful in their own way, the gypsy that consists of a long chunk of garish and elasticated acrylic with stretchy lace, and the "pencil"..same fabric but slightly less of it.

Just thought I'd redress the balance and give Michele the roasting she deserves for her services to "qvc fashion"!

Well, I'm not a fan of either range (although I think Kim makes some lovely looking faux wrap dresses in nice prints - if I had a good figure I'd invest). But, on my recent trip to Birchwood I was able to actually look at both ranges close up and have a gander as there were lots of both in. At face value and only in my opinion of course - Kim's is much better, the fabrics felt weightier and were cut and shaped better. Michele's stuff wasn't bad per se, but the fabrics were flimsy and slippery and wafer thin in comparison - as I say, really only my view though. I think both ranges are vastly overpriced on Q, and the stuff in the outlet was much better value and in line with what should be being paid for these clothes. As much as she gets on my tit ends, I'm going for Kim here...

Kim would win every time with me. Yesterday was so hot, having tried on a few dresses which I then rejected because they felt uncomfortable, I settled on Kim's Parasols Dress 143916 in the Mocca. It was cool, comfortable, well designed and looked great for a lunch out. My only problem with Kim and Co are the ridiculously high prices with everything priced IMO a good £15 -£20 above what they are worth. Kim please take note, your sales however good, would be much higher if you did!

Kim for me too as I like her black trousers which are comfy & cool and I'd never wear any of Michele Hopeless's flouncy stuff. Admittedly Kim comes across as dotty as a box of frogs but I prefer her babbling to watching the aging Barbie at work.

Before I lost weight, and was looking for outfits that covered a "multitude of sins" I'll embarrasingly admit to buying some Michele Hope"less" bits. One was a TSV which consisted of a lovely little beach bag with butterfly brooch...and two tops (camisole, lace blouse) The bag was lovely,if a little small, but the camisole made me sweat buckets..and I'm not exaggerating lol! and the blouse was too smart to be casual, and too casual to be smart if that makes sense, so got very little wear, that and the fact it was bile green in colour! The other item was one of the famous gyspy skirts..so garish that I was forever getting comments...eg, that's bright, that's different/ unusual etc..but no nices, and lovelies!!!! I managed to spill some oil on the camisole and I just couldn't get it out, the fabric just held onto the stain no matter what I did with it....truly horrible stuff!

The carefully chosen Kim stuff I have always gets me compliments, in fact the maxi dress I wore from her range on holiday in Malta recently made a lady stop me in the street and ask me where I got my "stunning" dress from!!!! I was well shocked.

Did the Michele Hopeless "sauna" clothes contribute to your weightloss? Another selling point? Kim for me too - in a fight or in clothes Hobson's choice.

Jude x

Sadly not, so I went out looking like a cross between the pavement on West Street on a Friday night and a mangy parrot for nothing, absolutely nothing!!!!!! My weightloss is all thanks to Slimming World.

Congratulations on your weight loss merryone, well done.

A choice between Michele Hope and Kim & Co, thinking,pause for more thinking, for me I'd have to side with Kim & Co, although quite like the look of a few of MH kaftans.

Sadly not, so I went out looking like a cross between the pavement on West Street on a Friday night and a mangy parrot for nothing, absolutely nothing!!!!!! My weightloss is all thanks to Slimming World.

Obviously live in the same area LOL

Used to buy from both ranges, but only buy Kim's clothes now, Michelle Hope camisoles do not fit anywhere as good as Kims.

We do, but tbh the multi coloured paving slabs of a friday and saturday night can be found in most major towns and cities....I'd even go as far as saying that some of Ms Hope's creations aren't quite as attractive lol!

Kim would win every time with me. Yesterday was so hot, having tried on a few dresses which I then rejected because they felt uncomfortable, I settled on Kim's Parasols Dress 143916 in the Mocca. It was cool, comfortable, well designed and looked great for a lunch out. My only problem with Kim and Co are the ridiculously high prices with everything priced IMO a good £15 -£20 above what they are worth. Kim please take note, your sales however good, would be much higher if you did!

I've got the same dress,Mia, wore it to a 'do' recently & got loads of compliments.
I've got several of Kim's wrap dresses & I love them,the quality & design are second to none.
As you say,the only problem is the extremely high prices.

Kim every time for me - but you all know that!
She has some dayglo horrors, of course, but if you avoid them, her clothes are cool, smart and comfortable and I receive many compliments, especially when others are looking crushed and creased in the heat, here.
I agree that her QVC prices are high, but the clothes will still look new, several years hence, and you can always buy direct, if price is an issue.
I find Ms. Hope's clothes to be much like herself - they are overly embellished and trying too hard....

Latest posts

Back