Kimbie vs Destello

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How about one of these in that fetching colour instead? 🤔
s-l1600.jpg

This is what annoys me. I've no problem with them importing this stuff and flogging it on for profit - its no different to the likes of what Wilko, Primark, etc do.

But I draw the line when they claim they're "designing" it themselves or referring to things as exclusive.

The rotating jewellery box that Jess Absolutely Foley was flogging yesterday for £9.99p is on Temu for £2.98

Rotating Jewellery Box

The Jewellery Roll that Ellis did earlier is on Temu for £8.82

Jewellery Roll

It'll be interesting to see how much Ellis flogs the slippers for tomorrow. From what I can see on the VT, it looks like these:

Slippers

yet me ask you as you are my resident expert !!

I am a massive cyclist and get through branded cycling shoes like anything. So just checked on Temu and these

just 20 quid, normally cost 80 quid for a brand. Now I know these are likely made in the same place as any brand, indeed possibly the same shoe. Is it fair to say they wont much of a difference ?

I mean for 20 quid worth a risk anyway ??

just 20 quid, normally cost 80 quid for a brand. Now I know these are likely made in the same place as any brand, indeed possibly the same shoe. Is it fair to say they wont much of a difference ?

I mean for 20 quid worth a risk anyway ??

It's difficult to say. I've had some really good quality stuff from Temu - and I've also had some complete junk too.

Most of the 'brands' use Chinese, Indian and Bangaldeshi sweatshops and child labour anyway - so I wouldn't be too surprised if they've come out of the same factory, but on the flip side, the Chinese are not exactly shy about blatant disregard for copyright laws.

To be on the safe side, pay by Paypal or credit card so that if they're poor quality, and the Chinese don't play ball with refunds, you can put a chargeback through via Paypal or your credit card provider.

It's difficult to say. I've had some really good quality stuff from Temu - and I've also had some complete junk too.

Most of the 'brands' use Chinese, Indian and Bangaldeshi sweatshops and child labour anyway - so I wouldn't be too surprised if they've come out of the same factory, but on the flip side, the Chinese are not exactly shy about blatant disregard for copyright laws.

To be on the safe side, pay by Paypal or credit card so that if they're poor quality, and the Chinese don't play ball with refunds, you can put a chargeback through via Paypal or your credit card provider.
I always pay by CC for exactly those reasons ... I mean most of the stuff if crap would not even bother returning but their cycling gear is a bit more expensive. The mech stuff would not use because if breaks at 30mph downhill !! however that can happen with the brand names of course !

Colours odd and the descriptions a bit forced - peach Morganite? 🤔

Screenshot_2024-03-03-12-55-03-795.jpeg

Prices seem expensive at £135. These, at slightly less, look more elegant and the colours a little more wearable?

Ellis, EVERY time she follows on from Millie. Yet again this morning, Ellis runs up to Millie and says to the camera "I grew her".

Yes, we know Ellis. You tell us every time you and Millie are on together.

Newsflash: That's generally how biology works.
2nd Newsflash: You're not the only person that's given birth.

Ellis, EVERY time she follows on from Millie. Yet again this morning, Ellis runs up to Millie and says to the camera "I grew her".

Yes, we know Ellis. You tell us every time you and Millie are on together.

Newsflash: That's generally how biology works.
2nd Newsflash: You're not the only person that's given birth.
Oh heck, how cringe that Ellis does that! If I was Millie I'd investigate divorcing my mother....

Dog walkers, cyclists...tempted (it's luxury cashmere you know)?

View attachment 27999

Definitely not peach. Nice colour, though.
I can't remember how the colours were described but I have both pale blue and pale pink and to be fair the quality of the cashmere is really lovely and the wraps are a good size/weight. I think I paid 99.99 for one of them and 125.00 for the other (prices at Gems being a bit random depending on time of show etc ....) Suspect the fluorescent green/yellow will end up going for significantly less though ... so a bargain if that is your colour!

Latest posts

Back