Kimbie vs Destello

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone else finding it a bit odd that all these various in-house brands are ending within the next month or two? Gem Aura's, Destello, etc.

It's fairly obvious to all now that Gemporia have been struggling financially for a while too.

I suspect that all these 'endings' coincide with needing to commit to buying a lot of stock in order to get good buying prices - and bearing in mind Gemporia's struggles, I doubt they want to commit to keeping all this Gem Auras and Destello stuff in stock.

Like Troth's tat and all the gold tone junk, this new stuff is probably being imported from China - and probably for much cheaper than previous suppliers.

I barely tune in to Gemporia these days but I've just had a look at, in my opinion, the wrong moment. Did anyone else see the trailer for Kimbie where Ellis was modelling various wraps for the upcoming Kimbie show. Was it me or was it totally cringy?

I barely tune in to Gemporia these days but I've just had a look at, in my opinion, the wrong moment. Did anyone else see the trailer for Kimbie where Ellis was modelling various wraps for the upcoming Kimbie show. Was it me or was it totally cringy?

Everything Ellis does is cringey IMO. When she first started with them she was one of Gemporia's better presenters but in the last 12-18 months she's now one of their worst. At best she's tolerable but at worst she's just embarrassing to watch.

Everything Ellis does is cringey IMO. When she first started with them she was one of Gemporia's better presenters but in the last 12-18 months she's now one of their worst. At best she's tolerable but at worst she's just embarrassing to watch.

I cringe every time I watch her. I find the way she talks down to viewers and the way she comes on with all this 'Hola, hola, hola my chickolinos' and random bursting into songs to be patronising to viewers, childish and embarrassing. She plays on the 'lovely old mumsy' image - but its just awkward to watch.

Her ludicrous claims are amongst the worst on the channel now and she's gone from one of the more respectable presenters to total car crash.

I cringe every time I watch her. I find the way she talks down to viewers and the way she comes on with all this 'Hola, hola, hola my chickolinos' and random bursting into songs to be patronising to viewers, childish and embarrassing. She plays on the 'lovely old mumsy' image - but its just awkward to watch.

Her ludicrous claims are amongst the worst on the channel now and she's gone from one of the more respectable presenters to total car crash.
Couldn't agree more!

Couldn’t agree more.

I guess that if you're now relegated to buying Chinese tat as mine owners are now dealing with the big design houses, and your company's cash isn't flowing thanks to recent fiscal mismanagement, you have to make changes to your sales pitches.

I mean, you can't exactly go on screen and start off by telling viewers that your next showcase is a load of old toot Dave pitched up cheap at a Chinese trade fair. Or a range the company's bought from a seller who's normally dealing with customers via AliExpress. And that you've jacked the prices up enormously, with the exact same pieces being available much cheaper in sellers across the internet. Not if you want to sell your goods.

So away with the in depth descriptions, and dial the matey waffle and meaningless talk of "legacy material" up to 110.

Watched a bit of Hattie’s Destello show last night, and found the whole thing very odd. Promos for Kimbie in the middle of Hattie’s last jammies. And what did Ellis look like in those awful wraps?

Watched a bit of Hattie’s Destello show last night, and found the whole thing very odd. Promos for Kimbie in the middle of Hattie’s last jammies. And what did Ellis look like in those awful wraps?
That is the ad that I was talking about earlier, it was total car crash imo.

I've just seen a promo video of Hattie about the Kimbie launch.In the video she moves the two items in her hand up and down every single time she speaks.Utterly bizarre.You can just about see them as they're moving constantly loool.

Hattie is currently presenting what she says is the ‘last destello show’. Again saying that she is unable to do it all on her own. We’ll see if it’s actually the last….

Hattie is currently presenting what she says is the ‘last destello show’. Again saying that she is unable to do it all on her own. We’ll see if it’s actually the last….

What exactly is it she's doing on her own? Didn't someone on here expose her for flogging another brands stuff but with the label replaced with a 'Destello' label - even though she claims she designs it all herself?

What exactly is it she's doing on her own? Didn't someone on here expose her for flogging another brands stuff but with the label replaced with a 'Destello' label - even though she claims she designs it all herself?
Good question, she mentioned the designing again this evening and how she doesn’t have time. It is all very clearly private label stuff from China. Guarantee these exact items are also on aliexpress

Latest posts

Back