Kings Realm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Am confused, whats wrong with buying King's Realm?

Rich

I will support my local butcher, who supplies me beautiful meat every week and much cheaper than QVC's Kings Realm.

It's overpriced to start.
Not organic
The guy that sells it gives me the creeps - he looks scruffy.
anyone any other reasons>

Oh right, so..... ummmm, you arent a fan then? :grin:

Rich

Only thing on that show that looked yummy was Julian :heart::mysmilie_479:

I thought you guys were engaging in a bit of comic exaggeration, but watched the King's Realm show for the first time today,and he REALLY does say 'in number' every time he says how many sausages etc are in the item. It does get a bit distracting!

Support your local butcher, they'll soon disappear from the High Street:handshake:

Agreed. Go to your local butcher if you can, cheaper prices and higher quality - plus you won't have to go through what that poor QVC customer who posted on the Facebook page went through at Xmas with a missing food order!

Support your local butcher, they'll soon disappear from the High Street:handshake:

I agree. To be honest, I don't really understand why people would want to order perishable foods like meat off the telly. Especially when you can get cheaper, fresher and better quality items from the butchers (if you still have one, that is).

Near where I live, there's a small shopping street. They have an award winning butchers there that we always visit. The family that own the butchers also own a deli just across the street from it. Their hot breakfast baguettes are lovely! :mysmilie_46: They are quite popular, especially at Christmas time. I'd bet they make more money at that time than they do the rest of the year combined. Anyway, it would be a real shame if it shut down.

Unfortunately, since a new supermarket opened nearby, that shopping street has become much quieter. Just after Christmas we lost a fruit and veg shop on this street. My family used to go there every week to get fruit and veg. The lady who worked there was lovely. Used to give me and my sister free fruit. The whole thing about the shop shutting came as a shock to her. The street used to have two fruit and veg shops, now it has none (the other one became some sort of Christmas/Seasonal stall type thing). Nowadays there are still a few shops there, but they often close early. The rest is mainly abandoned buildings and fast food places. :rain:

Sorry about the rant, but I feel quite strongly about supporting local meat and produce sellers. It would be a sad day indeed when the only choice customers have with regards to the source of their food is "which supermarket?"

I feel passionately about supporting individual, independent shops.
I live in a very small town on the Devon/Cornwall border and try to support our little shops as much as possible, I do realise that things are very often more expensive because the retailers can't even buy in the stuff at the price the big boys sell it at, but sometimes it's worth paying a little bit extra for the personal service that you receive and very often you can get a discount as "goodwill"
In the case of our butcher, he's nearly always cheaper than the supermarket (we've only got Waitrose and they're so expensive) the meat is so much better, he can trace the provenance of every animal that he sells and knows that it's been humanely raised and slaughtered.
Sadly, our local electricians where I've always bought all my electrical appliances since we got married 33 years ago, as did my parents before me, has just shut up shop because they just couldn't compete. I've had the most amazing service from them over the years that you'd never get from the big retailers.

I know what you all mean about the local butcher, I'm always lamenting the loss of a good fishmongers where you could pick what you want and the fishmonger would skin/fillet/bone it for you and suggest how to cook it. Sainsbury's fish counter is just not the same - it looks good but it doesn't have that smell of the sea and the blocks of ice.

Latest posts

Back