Kipling TSV 15/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's only a matter of time before QVC offer a Kipling TSV on Auto-Delivery: 4 seasonal colours of an "exclusive" Q desgn! Mark my words!

its just been pointed out to me that bees and insects love yellow.I remember wearing a yellow tshirt on a day out and been annoyed all day that things were landing on me.I knew there was a reason I love yellow and dont wear it.has put me off the yellow a bit.....

I learned that to my cost at a school sports day when I wore a yellow top and became an insect magnet. I mortified my kids by doing a funny race all on my own and flapping my arms around which my friends thought was hilarious. Hence no more yellow for me, even though I love it. But seriously, I don't think a bag would be as bad.

Not just a magnet, I was living sticky fly-paper. But I did make a lot of insects very happy that day.

Really like Kipling but I'm out too. Not going over the £50 barrier!

I am out too, I don't like the look of it that much and think it is very expensive for what it is, it is a very simple design and whilst it may be a fair size it has no pockets externally or extra bits on it that would make it more costly to produce. As it is made especially for Q no doubt it will be compared to something similar that kipling do and we will be told countless times what great value it is, but it isn't, not when Amazon and other retailers sell them at such reduced prices and free p and p. Even HOF had 30% off some of the summer prints and colours this week.
I do like the monkey mania sky and having seen that in the flesh think it looks far better than some of the other mania prints and the colours do not seem to bleed.
I hope whoever goes for the Tsv do like theirs but I shan't be buying

Ah well, that's me out - I'm not prepared to pay sixty quid for a nylon bag however much I like kipling.

I don't mind paying over sixty quid for a Kipling. I have two "Super Working Bags" in port red and in celo grey - RRP was £120, but I got them for £80 each from my beloved Poshbags. They're worth every penny IMO. So many compartments/sections and pockets that it's absolutely impossible not to be completely organised. Also a hidden umbrella pocket and a velvety-padded ipad pocket which I use for my kindle. They look smart if you want to look smart, but not too smart to be worn with jeans if you want to. Have lost count of the number of compliments and queries I've had about them. Have been looking for another one in a more summery colour.

I don't mind paying over sixty quid for a Kipling. I have two "Super Working Bags" in port red and in celo grey - RRP was £120, but I got them for £80 each from my beloved Poshbags. They're worth every penny IMO. So many compartments/sections and pockets that it's absolutely impossible not to be completely organised. Also a hidden umbrella pocket and a velvety-padded ipad pocket which I use for my kindle. They look smart if you want to look smart, but not too smart to be worn with jeans if you want to. Have lost count of the number of compliments and queries I've had about them. Have been looking for another one in a more summery colour.

Glad to see you mention super working bags, I've been thinking about getting one as I've got a new job that will involve a lot of travelling and jumping in and out of the car with a laptop and paperwork, and I'm the sort of person who can't be doing with carrying multiple bags. Can you fit your lunch in there too? I like to carry a bottle of water with me also.

I think the dazzle grey shade in this bag is beautifully smart, but could I justify £100 for a bag? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HFU6692/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I've been umming and ahhing over that and the Alezia, which although cheaper by £50 which is a MAJOR pro, it doesn't have any seperate pockets. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GZZNOHK/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Last edited:
Glad to see you mention super working bags, I've been thinking about getting one as I've got a new job that will involve a lot of travelling and jumping in and out of the car with a laptop and paperwork, and I'm the sort of person who can't be doing with carrying multiple bags. Can you fit your lunch in there too? I like to carry a bottle of water with me also.

I think the dazzle grey shade in this bag is beautifully smart, but could I justify £100 for a bag?

Well, I could justify £100 for the dazzle grey one, and if I didn't already have it in Celo Grey I would now be buying the Dazzle Grey - I really like it. Very professional and smart-looking.

The Super Working Bag has a water bottle pocket in the main compartment, at the end of the compartment so it keeps the bottle standing upright.

Hope that helps.
There are some very good photos of the bag on Rtherapy's site:

http://www.rtherapyclothing.co.uk/i...art&Itemid=2&gclid=CMylta-l-b4CFTLMtAodtgIAuQ

There are three compartments. The main compartment is about 45cm x 27cm x 9cm and is zipped right across. Inside that, on one side wall there are two pockets measuring about 19 x 16 - they have velcro flaps so things are completely shut away in them. You could keep your computer cables in those. On the other wall there's a section for your laptop - that has padding on one side and a velcro strap to keep the laptop in place. The middle of that compartment is open for you to put whatever you want in it. A lunchbox would fit. The water bottle loop is at the end of that main compartment.

The front compartment is under the large velcroed flap. No zip across the compartment, but the compartment itself is velcroed as well as the flap. I'm not someone who normally likes velcroed compartments, but this one has never come open on me. On the back wall of this front compartment is the phone pocket and a zipped pocket 21 x 16 x 2 - it has a small gusset so you can get a lot in it. The key fob is in this front compartment.

The back compartment is zipped right across and also has a gussett so of 2-3 cm. There is a large zipped pocket on the back wall approx 29 x 17, and this compartment is perfect for keeping paperwork flat.

On one end panel is a zipped umbrella-sized compartment lined in the normal nylon. On the other end panel is the zipped ipad pocket, lined with a velvety fabric. Both these compartments are hidden in the depths of the bag, so all you see on the end panel is the zip.

There's a place for everything, and although I never completely fill the bag it always keeps its shape. It's basically a briefcase with a computer section, but because of the materials and colours it's more feminine than a briefcase.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I'm just having to sit down having looked at that link Ellaaa..! I love the bag, but a bit out of my range - however, for a young working woman, fine - go for it! The TSV for me is going to be a bit pricey, haven't gone over £50 as yet (that I remember anyway), so along with the limited colour choice (for me) I think I'm going to be safe..but probably better not watch the shows..:doh:

You're right BusyMum, I wouldn't have spent that much on a bag if I wasn't still working and if I hadn't known I would get masses of use out of them. Once I've retired I'll have to cut right back because I just won't be able to afford things like this any more.

Scout, that is the most useful review of the bag I have read! Thank you so much for your time. I am now more than convinced it is the bag I need. I'd be foolish to buy a cheaper bag that didn't fully meet my needs. It is pricey, but thinking about it on a "cost per ware" basis it is relatively cheap over a period of time as I will use it every day, and also it will save me having to carry around 3 bags which is worth every penny when trundling around trying to find the right house number in the pouring rain/snow!!

I'm pleased to read it keeps it's shape when it's not full. i like the smarter end of Kipling bags but it's a major bug bear of mine that they collapse in on themselves when they're not full.

Are these bags easy to clean? As I will be having to put my bag on the floor in clients homes, not everyone's cleanliness standards are the same(!!) so it will need to be wiped clean every so often.

Are these bags easy to clean? As I will be having to put my bag on the floor in clients homes, not everyone's cleanliness standards are the same(!!) so it will need to be wiped clean every so often.

I haven't had to wash mine yet, but when I do I'll just do what I do with all my other Kipling bags - washing machine at 30 degrees with a detergent designed for washing colours. They always come out as good as new. Most people recommend that you take the monkeys off before you wash, but I forgot recently and the monkeys didn't seem to mind!

I haven't had to wash mine yet, but when I do I'll just do what I do with all my other Kipling bags - washing machine at 30 degrees with a detergent designed for washing colours. They always come out as good as new. Most people recommend that you take the monkeys off before you wash, but I forgot recently and the monkeys didn't seem to mind!

Great, thanks for your help Scout!

Well I have ummd and ahhd all day and I'm fed up of thinking about whether to buy it or not so I've just taken a deep breath and bought it! It's the only way I can stop myself thinking about it haha. I know it's the right decision though, it's everything I need in a work bag and it looks just as good as a handbag, so I'm sure I'll get my money out of it :mysmilie_8:

Kipling Nariko Medium Shoulder Bag with Removable Cross Body Strap
Item no:117437
QVC Price £68.00
Today's Special Value Price £54.96
P&P £5.95

Kipling Nariko medium bag with removable cross-body strap. A convertible handheld bag with a detachable shoulder strap so you can also wear it as a cross-body, with a large zip-up central compartment, and two additional pockets on each side for effortless organisation. Perfect for summer, this fab Kipling bag is the ideal partner for the busy woman about town.

Quintessentially Kipling - in a classic shape designed especially for QVC and in a style we know you'll love, the Nariko can be carried as a handbag, worn over the shoulder or as a cross-body for versatile style on the go.

Adjustable, removable shoulder strap
Inner zip and slot pockets
Branded zip pull
Outer: 100% nylon; lining: 100% polyester
Bag (h x w x d): 23cm x 28cm x 13cm (9.1" x 11" x 5.1")
Handle drop: 25cm (9.8")
Strap drop: 38cm - 80cm (15" - 31.5")

Colour options:
Monkey Mania Sky - comes with a Saidjah monkey keyring
Summer Pink - comes with a Flo monkey keyring
Tropical Flower Black - comes with a Davina monkey keyring
Breezy Turquoise - comes with a Daisy monkey keyring
Caffe Latte - comes with a Liesbeth monkey keyring
Citrus Yellow - comes with a Marie-Lise monkey keyring

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=117437&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Well I've decided, I'm going for 2 - the breezy turquoise and the citrus yellow.
Love the black flower, but i have a bag in that which is a similar size so not needed.

Well I've decided, I'm going for 2 - the breezy turquoise and the citrus yellow.
Love the black flower, but i have a bag in that which is a similar size so not needed.
I do hope you managed to get the yellow one as watching the launch show it had sold out within 7 minuets and by 11 minuets past the black was limited stock.
So either the Q buyers have got their numbers very wrong or it was never meant to last the day.
So I would start to look out for OTO's for the rest of the day.

Latest posts

Back