Kipling TSV 24/1/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

not got mine yet.....did order something from amazon sat night and it arrived today.....ordered tsv 7am friday morning.....

What a cheek blaming RM for slow delivery when a bag I sold on ebay (another Kipling bag too many) 2nd class arrived 2 days after the seller paid for it and I posted it. If RM and I can do it, why can't the expensive system QVC put in cope with fast delivery? Sorry, but that is passing the buck.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I have just received my cloudy white tsv, and whether its the design for "qvc only", only some of the designs have 'sticky out top zips', which this tsv has. By that I mean, on a 'normal' Kipling bag, the ends are neatly round into the bag or are inset, but this finishing of overhanging zip does smack of cheapness.

I don't want a matchy matchy purse, and would far rather have a quality finished product with a proper Kipling lining. I remember Lulu Guinness going down the 'cheap' route with the lining, just for qvc customers - what are we 2nd class citizens all of a sudden ?????

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I have just received my cloudy white tsv, and whether its the design for "qvc only", only some of the designs have 'sticky out top zips', which this tsv has. By that I mean, on a 'normal' Kipling bag, the ends are neatly round into the bag or are inset, but this finishing of overhanging zip does smack of cheapness.

I don't want a matchy matchy purse, and would far rather have a quality finished product with a proper Kipling lining. I remember Lulu Guinness going down the 'cheap' route with the lining, just for qvc customers - what are we 2nd class citizens all of a sudden ?????

That's one of the things that has put me off a number of QVC only bags, I hate the zip not been sewn in at the end, for a pricey bag it looks unfinished and also your bag is never 100% secure.

I should imagine QVC get a cheaper price per unit on the QVC only bags, which would explain why Q kept telling us they'd ordered more of the monkey mania (which didn't sell out)

I notice a review is already up. How can you review a bag when you haven't used it for a while? I've bought bags that I've thought were the best thing since sliced bread on the day I bought it, but after trundling round the shops and getting in a flap because of a stupid zip or useless compartment they've been resigned to the back of my wardrobe.

Got my blue Monkey Mania. I'm a huge Kipling fan and have .....lots of them, let's just say. Love Monkey Mania prints but this time I'm confused....

The blue background is....kinda splotchy. Sort of dots in the blue (hard to explain, not just the normal crinkle two-tone thing). And the monkeys are weird. Almost as if they are printed twice and one is slightly offset (so it kinda has a shadow all around the monkey, or on one side). This weird monkey printing is a bit different on the bag and the wallet too I think... So hard to explain in words, so much easier to show in real life. Is it possible to attach a photo to a post here without needing to host it somewhere etc please?

Anyway, I'd be very interested to hear from anyone else who got the blue Monkey Mania print and if my (attempt at the) description of the pattern is the same on yours or if mine's somehow misprinted....?

I guess my problem is that I want to keep my TSV as I love the Nelis wallet (have two already, one being the one I'm currently using) and I really like the bag. Sure I would have preferred it a little bigger (I like my bags to have extra free space in them and not completely full) but on the other hand it really is big enough for me. But the pattern confuses me as it's "weird" and I don't know what to do...

I know what you mean. I do hate the zip that sticks out too! Though it's not only on "QVC only" Kipling bags that they do this. I have just been using the Delana which has the same and I know several other Kipling bags I own (ie not "QVC only" ones) have the same unfortunately. I think the new Marie Francoise bag (from memory, without checking) for example has it too. I'm not sure why they do the zips like that. I would find it hard to think that someone would prefer them that way...?

I notice a review is already up. How can you review a bag when you haven't used it for a while? I've bought bags that I've thought were the best thing since sliced bread on the day I bought it, but after trundling round the shops and getting in a flap because of a stupid zip or useless compartment they've been resigned to the back of my wardrobe.

Yes that annoys me too.I personally don't want to know "just arrived,love it,I can tell now its going to be my favourite bag" and the such like......I actually want people to use it,open and close it a thousand times,whats it like when empty/full etc....now thats a proper review.

I still havent received mine - I was actually hoping it may be today - I am in fear that I will like one item more than the other - but if I like it that much,I will just have to list the other item on ebay at a much later date - I fear ebay may be flooded with them!!!

You should be able to just add a photo from your computer, use the insert image tool towards the end of the tool bar on your post.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Got my blue Monkey Mania. I'm a huge Kipling fan and have .....lots of them, let's just say. Love Monkey Mania prints but this time I'm confused....

The blue background is....kinda splotchy. Sort of dots in the blue (hard to explain, not just the normal crinkle two-tone thing). And the monkeys are weird. Almost as if they are printed twice and one is slightly offset (so it kinda has a shadow all around the monkey, or on one side). This weird monkey printing is a bit different on the bag and the wallet too I think... So hard to explain in words, so much easier to show in real life. Is it possible to attach a photo to a post here without needing to host it somewhere etc please?

Anyway, I'd be very interested to hear from anyone else who got the blue Monkey Mania print and if my (attempt at the) description of the pattern is the same on yours or if mine's somehow misprinted....?

I guess my problem is that I want to keep my TSV as I love the Nelis wallet (have two already, one being the one I'm currently using) and I really like the bag. Sure I would have preferred it a little bigger (I like my bags to have extra free space in them and not completely full) but on the other hand it really is big enough for me. But the pattern confuses me as it's "weird" and I don't know what to do...

Photos added.... (Click to see larger images)

If you click on the details for the TSV item number and enlarge the photo of the blue monkey print bag a couple of times you might be able to judge whether yours is the same or has been printed off centre. Ideally someone who also bought the bag may be along to answer your Q Anso. Will it start to bug you?

The printing on the pattern (on qvc) looks to have some shadowing (intentional or not). What you could do is telephone and tell CS your concerns and ask them to reserve you a replacement because you suspect that the printing on yours is faulty and ask for a prepaid label. This gives you a bit of breathing space to decide what to do and they should hold a bag for you while you decide whether or not to return the first one. This means if it goes out of stock there'll be one held for you pending your return. Hope that makes sense. (If you decide to keep the original you can use the label to return something else :wink:)

Mine has arrived and I love it :mysmilie_14:
I didnt order the MM so cant help you there :sad: but I agree phone QVC.
Its a lot of money for a bag IMO if you're totally not sure.

Anso I received my MM kipling today and it is lovely. No shadow and the background seems fine. Wallet and bag exactly the same. I have never had a MM before so I can't compare. I really like the bag and glad I bought it. I know a lot of you on here don't like the middle zip but I do as I know exactly where everything is. I have some bags with no middle zip and I have to rummage around looking for purse etc. Can't be bothered with all that. Hope this helps

My monkey mania print is fine, and I like the purse/wallet, but just don't like the bag, I think it is the zip I dislike and it looks just plonked on the top of the bag, wish I had not been so eager to order it but I was travelling down to the beauty bash and thought it would sell out, serves me right, think mine will be going back and I may see if can get the purse elsewhere, glad you ladies are happy with yours,

I was very tempted to order this TSV, as the last one I bought was the 'Zelta' in 'Blue Snake', but then I got an email from Kipling about their limited addition 'Almine' and decided to go for that instead (In did ponder which colour to go for for a while and decided on 'Pink Cool Print').

Thanks everyone for your advice regarding the possible faulty Monkey Mania print. I'm waiting for a return label and will get it changed. Will be interesting to see if the print is any different. I'm half expect it not to be... if it was faulty I find it weird that both bag and wallet could have been printed wrongly... You would have thought they would not have been manufactured exactly at the same time. But who knows! Fingers crossed! Thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back