49.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Kuhn TSV 4.jpg
    Kuhn TSV 4.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Kuhn TSV 5.jpg
    Kuhn TSV 5.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 54
Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 Classic Shears with Locking Mechanism TSV 06/07/22
It’s so hard to know if these will be any good because they’ve changed the design - and quality! - so many times :(
And no way of knowing how these particular ones will be unless there are previous reviews under this item number.

I bought several single pairs - some for gifts - off eBay many years back.
They’re amazing and mine is still going strong.

Liked them so much I that bought a pair from QVC direct a few years later for my grandad, they they only lasted a year 😠

I have a set bought some years back, with the metal clip. I even used the small ones to cut my hair during lockdown because they were sharp.
The last lot I bought (mainly as gifts) had a small plastic clip between the handles and much more difficult to use. The first time I used one, it just fell apart and was unrepairable.

I have some originals from years ago and use them every day.

The last lot I bought (mainly as gifts) had a small plastic clip between the handles and much more difficult to use. The first time I used one, it just fell apart and was unrepairable.

I have some originals from years ago and use them every day.
Do you use them instead of scissors ✂️ I’m thinking about getting these as I’m struggling to open my packages.😊

Do you use them instead of scissors ✂️ I’m thinking about getting these as I’m struggling to open my packages.😊
If they’re good ones then they’re brilliant and useful for most jobs around the house - and some in garden...

You can get good “purchase” on the bigger pairs with good leverage and can easily cut through CD packs etc.

They’re quite like scissors but you don’t need to put your hands any handles....

My parents sets (different from my older ones) have a little hidden blade thing for opening parcels etc... mine dont!

Quite often, but still need scissors for when longer blades are an advantage. But they are much easier to use.
think it might be these instead

Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 Snips
Those have the shoddy plastic clips between the handles, I wouldn't buy more of that design.

Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 Classic Shears with Locking Mechanism TSV 06/07/22
I got some of these a few years back. they were very good for the first year or so and now they are pretty useless. I think the metal has relaxed, there is a gap between the blades so they dont cut paper or anything fine. Also the catches/locking mechanism doesnt stay shut any more. Put them in a drawer and they spring open. Seems they are made in China and not even a makers name on them (I bought them from QVC as Kuhn Rikon items)

Simon Biagi has done a blog post about them - don’t ask why I was reading his blog (I wasn’t, was trying to find another presenter’s blog for my mum..!) and there is singing their praises etc.
But in the photo at the top, he’s posing with what I presume are his existing pair - which are in the “good design” with the metal spring and catch etc...
So NOT the ones in the TSV which several have commented are much inferior! (They’re not even called shears but snips...)

[Juat had to wade through a load of awful blog posts to find Simon’s again...
One by Jill Franks about a KH Buddha is a particular low point!]

https://stories.qvcuk.com/presenters/simon-biagi/its-a-snip/

Attachments

• 078EA1A8-F7E5-444A-823E-12C479C6F57D.jpeg
    078EA1A8-F7E5-444A-823E-12C479C6F57D.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back