L’Occitane in Russia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why, when she’s got six kids. I don’t understand parents fulfilling desires, climbing mountains, sky diving etc and visiting war zones when they are parents of young children/adults. Vita Hyrych was getting ready for bed when a rocket hit her building, she was a journalist and Kyiv was hit because UN Sec Gen Antonio Gutierrez was visiting the city. People were feeling it was safe to return to their city until this happened.
Will valuable resources be used to protect her or has she brought her own.
& what will she actually do there? Clock up air miles, have photo opps, flog to 'Hello' mag/put all over her insta? Do speeches, meet the president, eat posh food & wine, have more meetings? Kiss children?
.....One big PR opportunity.

I sent LOADS of very good, non supermarket non **** medical equipment, drugs, supplies, bandages ,dressings, plazzy gloves, first aid kits, candles, new duvet to ukraine via vans in poland. Why doesn't she make a MASSIVE financial donation - or take some needy families (including their grown up parents back with her) If she has already done so, I apologise,
but there is still the air miles issue.

As an aside - regarding the Vans & Poland. A funny & charming friend said the following to me, when I told her about the boxes of stuff/vans going to Poland: My name: (then) "Under no circumstances are you to go to Poland in this van. It will be ****."

One of Mr V`s relatives who`se ex Army drove a van of aid items to Poland and he witnessed the initial influx of refugees arriving from Ukraine and said all some of them had were the clothes they stood up in and they used their one bag allowed aboard the rescue buses to carry their cat or dog. Those in their own cars could obviously take more stuff with them but even then they were frequently squashing whole families into one vehicle.

I was in M&S this morning and cut through the beauty hall, no L'Occitane. There is always a full stand of products, but they have been removed.
They still have it on website. I very much doubt it has been removed due to Russia stance as M&S themselves have not pulled out of Russia completely.

She's always banging on about her downstairs cloakroom as well. Surely the BA's and presenters aren't making things up as they go along :unsure:

CC
Mmm I wonder 😂 always says his and hers bathroom … wants to be like the peasants now to sell stuff that people won’t buy because of Loccitane offensive slow reaction to Ukraine crises

I rarely watch beauty shows but back in the day when Q was on all day and I watched everything which moved, even then I couldn’t take to her as she was very smug. I remember the numerous bathroom/cloakrooms and often she and Julia would have a cloakroom face off as at that time JR also owned a holiday property.

Maybe the other 3 are shower rooms😉. There’ll be the wet room and the thermal suite and showers out by the pool.

Never mind 3 bathrooms I would love to put a bucket of cold water over her to take that smug look off her kisser.
A couple of posts have mentioned "smug" and I'm afraid that is what Alexis is. Trying to promote some kind of posh lifestyle that is L'Occitane (and hers). Chickens coming home to roost I'm afraid.

Having said that, I would not want anyone to lose their source of income as that has happened to me more than once and it isn't nice to deal with.

CC

Only 2 Russia-related reviews are now showing on Trustpilot. So job done for L’Occitane!
This is why I don't trust Trust Pilot any more. They bow to companies too much, which means I question how impartial the reviews truly are.

They still have it on website. I very much doubt it has been removed due to Russia stance as M&S themselves have not pulled out of Russia completely.
Russian operations for M&S are through a third company, and that's who the decision lies with as I understand it.

I just got a survey from the Content Integrity people at Trust Pilot, you can imagine how well they scored. And is there anything they could have done better? Yes, try not censoring valid reviews based on a company’s ethics,

Oh, how did the TSV shows go yesterday? Did anyone watch?

I just got a survey from the Content Integrity people at Trust Pilot, you can imagine how well they scored. And is there anything they could have done better? Yes, try not censoring valid reviews based on a company’s ethics,

Oh, how did the TSV shows go yesterday? Did anyone watch?
yep i watched them all with mum & enjoyed them all

There will be people who don't follow the news. A friend who is depressed never watches the news, as she says it makes her feel worse. The item about L'Occitane was one report on BBC, never seen it mentioned anywhere else? So people could have missed it, they might not be on the on QVC Facebook or at the end of the day people just don't care.

The number of trolls who post online newspapers etc with, WTF are we letting these Ukraine's in. I voted BREXIT to get them out, and now they are bringing them back in. And they get loads of agrees. Even overheard a man in the street talking to his mates with, "We don't want them here, let them go somewhere else!"
😮😦

Latest posts

Back