Latest ASA Rulings 30 January 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

can only speak how i find

i have used blue magic for a couple of years the first i did not buy from bid the recent one i did

i have very very sensitive skin and it has caused me no reaction at all

"Similarly they don't appear to have provided any proof that the product was likely to achieve the results they claimed, either diluted or undiluted.
Last edited by Wirral70; Today at 05:33 PM."

this just tells me they are not taking this that seriously *this particular complaint* there are thousands of five star reviews for this product on the internet

Indeed, but the complaint wasn't actually about the product as such, it was about how it was being sold. If you make claims and are unable to back them up I guess you are vulnerable to censure.

I have read some good (and not so good) reviews for the product as well. Maybe if the Sit Up channels actually allowed customer reviews on their websites it might have helped their case, dunno really but sadly they don't.

I wonder why?

because a lot of there stuff is utter tat

i only bought blue magic as i already owned it and knew it worked very well

i have been watching a bit of ideal world which is so dull it is untrue one thing they have in there favour (though i doubt it does them favours) is allow reviews on there website

a lot of big companies now monitor reviews and delete negative ones anyway

because a lot of there stuff is utter tat

i only bought blue magic as i already owned it and knew it worked very well

i have been watching a bit of ideal world which is so dull it is untrue one thing they have in there favour (though i doubt it does them favours) is allow reviews on there website

a lot of big companies now monitor reviews and delete negative ones anyway

I believe Sit Up wiped many negative posts off Facebook (there is a thread on here somewhere but I don't know about it personally as I don't use Facebook) and even stopped new posts. EDIT - Just found the thread, see link. Appalling.

Ideal World, QVC and Argos all have thousands of customer reviews, good and bad. I must say though that there are a lot of negative posts on here about Ideal World but I can only take them as I find them, I haven't had any issues with them personally. But there seems to be a fair bit of BS'ing going on, especially from some horrible little Welsh guy.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?39164-Has-anyone-checked-out-Bid-TV-s-facebook-page

Last edited:
Indeed, but the complaint wasn't actually about the product as such, it was about how it was being sold. If you make claims and are unable to back them up I guess you are vulnerable to censure.

I have read some good (and not so good) reviews for the product as well. Maybe if the Sit Up channels actually allowed customer reviews on their websites it might have helped their case, dunno really but sadly they don't.

I wonder why?

Merryone did NOT dislike this post!!!! I don't know how that happened!

Merryone did NOT dislike this post!!!! I don't know how that happened!

I had not noticed, I have done that in error myself too but thankfully realised while I could edit the post.

I'm kind of thinking from our previous exchanges we are of a very similar mind so I would have thought it a mistake anyway!!!!

Latest posts

Back