Laura Geller & Alpha H TSV's/Beauty Day 13/2/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I caught the launch last night with AY and Laura.

What I noticed was AY was wearing the TSV, appart from the eyeliner. Oh no she had the usual thick black liner round her eyes. And as usual did nothing for her at all. Think if she had let Laura use the purple it would have been softer and far prettier.

And bright pink cheeks.
Did you catch what she said to Tara the model, it was along the lines of 'Tara at least you can move your eyebrow today' Tata looked shocked, i wonder if it refered to botox.

'Kay, gone for two of these - one for Ma Cavey and one for me, both in 'Fair'. I've decided to temporarily switch from my mineral foundation back to B&B. Really like the look of everything in the kit. So far have loved the demos I've seen :nod:

PS - Donna - so agree with you re AY, she looked lovely apart from the unflattering thick black eyeliner...

Last edited:
'Kay, gone for two of these - one for Ma Cavey and one for me, both in 'Fair'. I've decided to temporarily switch from my mineral foundation back to B&B. Really like the look of everything in the kit. So far have loved the demos I've seen :nod:

PS - Donna - so agree with you re AY, she looked lovely apart from the unflattering thick black eyeliner...

was thinking of doing the same with the Foundation as am using BE Matt @ the moment.Have dug out a small size of B&B in fair & it is good so am waiting for a B&B on it's own although I didn't see any on the web site & Laura did make a comment about it being out of stock?

I'm not sure whether to blame New cid or Mally for Ally Young's hard black eyeliner, but I do prefer her in softer shades with a softer application. Purple really suits her I think.

But anyway.... I don't really fancy this one from LG.

Weren't recentish Smashbox and Mally TSVs purple too? I quite fancy the eyeliner, but that's it really. (Sorry Laura. :heart:)

Although the 2nd TSV ALPHA-H is on QVC website I haven't seen it so far featuring today on TV, they said on QVC website it's on QVC Beauty channel but they have never mentioned it on the main QVC channel and no ALPHA-H products featuring either.

I've ordered both the LG & Alpha-H TSV's...I think it's a bit strange that they're not even mentioning the Alpha-H TSV is available on TV (apart from the odd flash of it at the bottom of the screen). It's not even very high profile on the website...

Also gutted that there is a Beauty Hamper competition on the web & you're automatically entered if you order via the website..NOT if you have ordered any other way. So I ordered via QCUT at mid-night odd and am not eligible for the prize draw. huff huff huff

Beauty channel TSV

You'd think they'd put a video link from the Alpha H TSV item details on the Q website! I'm not likely to watch hours of badly edited together clips on the off-chance of seeing a presentation on the beauty channel. The music playing between clips starts to get on my wick after the fourth or fifth hearing and I turn over!

Jude xx

The Alpha H is the Beauty Channel exclusive only, so they won't show it on normal channel. I sure they could have given a 10 minute slot at some point.

The competitions are always only if you order from the web. Not very customer friendly:down:

Especially when the website goes down like it did AGAIN today and you have no option but to order by phone...

I've not gone for it - I'm literally scared of the blusher:blush:

Haven't seen much "new" either.

Am hoping for fab OTO's:happy:

Am hoping for fab OTO's:happy:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.224322/walk.yah.UKHB~U065

Laura Geller Glow Box with Spackle Tinted Primer
One Time Only Price £26.22 (Usual QVC Price £31.75)
Item Number 224322
UK P&P £3.45

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.222834/walk.yah.UKHB~U065

Laura Geller 3 Piece Italian Marble Collection
One Time Only Price £18.12 (Usual QVC Price £22.00)
Item Number 222834
UK P&P £2.95

HTH :flower:

well i wasnt going to but in the end i went for the tan version which i nearly got last TSV and the lipgloss duo. i am still using the last bits of the old lip shiners which i adore so i am hoping that these are a decent replacement

OTO... i got the 3 piece italian set just before xmas when it was on special and i love it. the lipstick is great but very soft

Last edited:
I wasn't tempted. Do like Laura Geller though. What a lovely, charming woman. I would have gone for a TSV which included the pale b&B.
Tend to find the colours too dark - though do like the ethereal rose.
Love Alpha H. Have a lot of the products already.

I blame you lot. Just gone for the 5 piece kit that was on there to try it out. I have a feeling the light will be too dark for me, as many of you have commented on but the lip gloss looks lovely so here's hoping!

Not even tempted (well maybe a little). I dug one of my B&B's out from stock this morning ( I think I have at least 2 in fair, 1 in regular and 1 fair/bronzer split pan) to convince me whether to add another to my collection. It failed the test, it made my skin look so dull and powdery. Luckily ethereal rose rescued it.

Not even the lure of my £5 voucher has swayed me. Ok, so I've not saved £5, but I have saved the thick end of £33 - result!

I caved and ordered the LG TSV as the colours looked so pretty on screen. It has just arrived and looks great, will have a play later when the baby lets me..

On a different note, the parcel was left on my doorstep, I heard someone on the front step, they didn't ring the bell or knock, and when I got up and looked out the window, they were already getting into their car... it seems a bit rude to me, and if I catch her doing it again, she's in for it!!

Mine's just arrived too! Was already in middle if putting my slap on so can't play with it till tomorrow, but unwrapped it and it looks sumptuous. Beautifully packaged too. Squeeeee!

Mine came today and it's pretty, so far I have only tried the lip product and I'm so impressed I have ordered the set of two which are on waitlist!

Latest posts

Back