Laura Geller makeup

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder how long Sarah (?) the brand ambassador is going to be able to keep telling us that it's a cream that has been baked and that it goes on like a cream, if it's full of talc now? Also, that because it's not a powder you can take it right up to the under-eye area and it won't fill in those lines. I wonder if this is why LG doesn't come over herself anymore, so she can't be accused of lying when it comes to answering questions.

I've not used LG in years, but now have some skin pigmentation I'd like to deal with and was tempted by the Balance and Glow. Can anyone give their opinion of it? Does it cover well? I know I'd rather trust a forumite than a random review! I would normally be a fair or medium.

I remember Laura saying that she went to the factory in Italy to oversee the process?

Hmmm, somewhat flies in the face of the repeated claims that SHE is constantly developing new products and SHE is part of the process from start to finish, as we keep being told on QVC?!?!?! I am actually quite horrified (especially in light of today's Yong Kim lies revelation) that QVC is prepared to barefacedly lie to its customers - astonishing?!?!?

Also take a look at one of the FAQ entries from the Laura Geller website itself, talk about carefully worded:

Q: Do these new cartons indicate your products have changed?
A: Our product integrity and quality has not changed. We’re still the same brand you love, only with updated, happiful packaging. (sic)

Doesn't actually answer the question, does it?!?!

HUMPH!!!!

Ha, last time I saw Laura on air she was presenting that TSV with the 7.5 g eye shadow (in question) but infact it was 1.8 g. She was asked about it on air about the size, and she answered that this is the product that we all love and was going to last a long time.

Ha, last time I saw Laura on air she was presenting that TSV with the 7.5 g eye shadow (in question) but infact it was 1.8 g. She was asked about it on air about the size, and she answered that this is the product that we all love and was going to last a long time.

The thing is, I actually really like LG makeup - aside from recent issues with B&B, the rest of the range is pretty darn good, I just hate being lied to in any shape or form and now I feel like I've been duped from the start.

Putting things into perspective, it is only makeup but it's just an incredibly disrespectful way to treat loyal customers.

Donna255, I've also found another slightly more revealing article with this paragraph taken from it:

Today, while Geller still appears as a brand ambassador on QVC in the U.S. and the U.K., she is mostly uninvolved in day-to-day operations. Nevertheless, her ethos inspires the development of new products, says Drell Szyfer, and, when she so chooses, Geller is included in major decisions -- typically in their later stages.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/242707

Hmmm, somewhat flies in the face of the repeated claims that SHE is constantly developing new products and SHE is part of the process from start to finish, as we keep being told on QVC?!?!?! I am actually quite horrified (especially in light of today's Yong Kim lies revelation) that QVC is prepared to barefacedly lie to its customers - astonishing?!?!?

Also take a look at one of the FAQ entries from the Laura Geller website itself, talk about carefully worded:

Q: Do these new cartons indicate your products have changed?
A: Our product integrity and quality has not changed. We’re still the same brand you love, only with updated, happiful packaging. (sic)

Doesn't actually answer the question, does it?!?!

HUMPH!!!![/QUOTE

Last edited:
I was really annoyed with this show and only ended up watching until the matte maker was aired, as both Debbie & Sarah were laughing about which brush you would receive (it could have been either the fan or the stipple brush). I didn't think this was on. And I've already complained to QVC because I ordered this over the duo a couple of weeks ago because I wanted the fan brush and yet I was sent the stipple brush.

Went to look too and couldn't find it - either the poster or QVC have removed it.

Thought I'd cropped the screenshot, but for some reason it was showing all my work emails, gah!

Anyway, here's a screenshot of the comments I could fit onto one screenshot - the post is definitely still there, but difficult to find.

Yong Kim Comments.jpg

I’ve noticed that B&B Supersize has been restocked in all shades unless it’s a technical glitch. The stocks were down to Medium only for a while.
I thought that it was a one off offer until stocks last. In the States they have B&B Supersize regularly in June and October, only they do it as a 9g duo with the large kabuki brush and call it Supersize.
http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-S...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-26-_-210953

Edit

Oh I see, they must be re-stocking for the next visit

02/12/2016 12:00-13:00

02/12/2016 23:00-00:00

04/12/2016 22:00-23:00

16/12/2016 15:00-16:00

So all the talk on the last TSV was a load of rubbish... Laura was waffling on about visiting Venice and the beautiful lights inspired her and she rushed off and said ' can we recreate this for my ladies'..... And the lights of Venice collection was born...

So all the talk on the last TSV was a load of rubbish... Laura was waffling on about visiting Venice and the beautiful lights inspired her and she rushed off and said ' can we recreate this for my ladies'..... And the lights of Venice collection was born...

I had a disagreement with someone on Facebook about Laura. She kept insisting that Laura had the power in the company to do what she wanted and create what she wanted as well. This was to do with people complaining about the change in texture of BnB, she said she went to Laura's facebook and Laura was going to look into it. I put up the link showing Laura sold the company did have shares in it but she was not the majority owner. This meant the money people decided costs to make products and how much they sold for, also how the products are made and any changes in quality. I pointed out that the complaints had been going on for quite a while. She was having none of it. She insisted Laura was looking into it, Laura said the same last year too. I said its like Liz Earle, her name is on the products but she sold it and is employed by the owners to do so many appearances a year. When Avon owned the brand 28 days a year, otherwise she was free to pursue other things she was interested in. In LE's case it was her home in Africa and organic farm in England and writing books. Again she insisted oh no Laura did everything and could make changes to products. Of course Laura can voice concerns, but she is a minority owner in the company.

I know from reading make up forums the minute a brand is bought out(the latest are Becca and TooFaced by Estee Lauder), the word goes out to start stocking up as the quality will go downhill.

So Laura didn’t go to Venice and didn’t have the pink chandelier made for her (well she called it something else in the Jewish tradition)?

She may have done the trip and the chandelier (menora?) - she's got more free time these days I reckon! :mysmilie_50:

I had a disagreement with someone on Facebook about Laura. She kept insisting that Laura had the power in the company to do what she wanted and create what she wanted as well. This was to do with people complaining about the change in texture of BnB, she said she went to Laura's facebook and Laura was going to look into it. I put up the link showing Laura sold the company did have shares in it but she was not the majority owner. This meant the money people decided costs to make products and how much they sold for, also how the products are made and any changes in quality. I pointed out that the complaints had been going on for quite a while. She was having none of it. She insisted Laura was looking into it, Laura said the same last year too. I said its like Liz Earle, her name is on the products but she sold it and is employed by the owners to do so many appearances a year. When Avon owned the brand 28 days a year, otherwise she was free to pursue other things she was interested in. In LE's case it was her home in Africa and organic farm in England and writing books. Again she insisted oh no Laura did everything and could make changes to products. Of course Laura can voice concerns, but she is a minority owner in the company.

I know from reading make up forums the minute a brand is bought out(the latest are Becca and TooFaced by Estee Lauder), the word goes out to start stocking up as the quality will go downhill.

I don't understand why anyone would take issue with you over this. If someone is a minority shareholder, it surely stands to reason that they would not have the final say on business decisions? Do you still have the link please, would be interested to read about it (no worries if not). It doesn't surprise me in the least that a romantic back story would be invented to help sell a collection, but how did it come to light that the whole Venice thing was bobbins?

Latest posts

Back