Laura Geller makeup

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
I watched the Laura Geller hour last night with Debbie Flint. She looked as though her makeup had been put on with a trowel. It was like a thick orange mask and made her look old. Close up shots of the models were no better and I bet they couldn't wait to get the whole lot washed off.

I did not watch but have been put off trying many brands of make-up because the models have looked worse with it on than they normally did!

I don't know why they do that its so annoying. I hate when they are selling a primer and the before and after is plain face then full make up. I either want to see plain face then primer, or make up with and without primer to see the difference. Makes no sense. I do use LG though and find it really good, I don't get the same caked effect because you know, I put one light later on, not 10 or more like they do over and over on air lol.

I used LG years ago in fair colour, but then the fair seemed to become medium. I compared the fair to a medium one I'd bought by mistake and the looked virtually the same colour, and also noticed they seemed to be more talcy. I'd have stopped buying it anyway to be honest, the coverage is only light and now I need a bit more.

I don't know why they do that its so annoying. I hate when they are selling a primer and the before and after is plain face then full make up. I either want to see plain face then primer, or make up with and without primer to see the difference. Makes no sense. I do use LG though and find it really good, I don't get the same caked effect because you know, I put one light later on, not 10 or more like they do over and over on air lol.

Apparently a lot of makeup artists use Milk Of Magnesia as a primer,I've never tried it as I don't use primer.

Lots of complaints that since she sold the company the BnB is now very powdery. I did flick over in the show last night and do agree, they looked like heavy powder applied to their faces. Of course Sarah(?) waffled on about how creamy it felt etc. Not a good look.

Lots of complaints that since she sold the company the BnB is now very powdery. I did flick over in the show last night and do agree, they looked like heavy powder applied to their faces. Of course Sarah(?) waffled on about how creamy it felt etc. Not a good look.

Goodness, I feel like a right plum as I don't seem to know anything any more - when was Laura Geller sold and to whom????

I'm a member of a LG-related closed group and loads of people have complained about the texture of the B&B changing and becoming more powdery (funnily enough, talc is now one of the top ingredients compared to previous iterations) but apparently Laura Geller herself stated the formula hadn't changed...same old story, take a much-loved product, reduce the quality to make more money and lose customers - when will companies learn that isn't the right way to do business, short-term gain for long-term losses?????

I loved B&B but the last one I bought was awful. Colour not the same a so powdery I just gave up. Yep another lost customer.

Goodness, I feel like a right plum as I don't seem to know anything any more - when was Laura Geller sold and to whom????

I'm a member of a LG-related closed group and loads of people have complained about the texture of the B&B changing and becoming more powdery (funnily enough, talc is now one of the top ingredients compared to previous iterations) but apparently Laura Geller herself stated the formula hadn't changed...same old story, take a much-loved product, reduce the quality to make more money and lose customers - when will companies learn that isn't the right way to do business, short-term gain for long-term losses?????

This happened when Tova sold her company to QVC she insisted the formula had not changed but long term customers knew it had the new one did not smell or last the same!

This happened when Tova sold her company to QVC she insisted the formula had not changed but long term customers knew it had the new one did not smell or last the same!
I'm amazed that they can make these claims when Q have a legal department.

I agree that the fair is now medium and the medium is more like a bronzer. I was about to give up but gave it a last shot and bought the fair. I'm so glad I did. It suits my medium skin tone very well! I was concerned that the formula might have changed as well as the colour but mine is not powdery at all and is not throwing up dust. It is just as before in that respect and gives a soft satin finish.

The only thing is that this is not a full coverage foundation and the more you apply the darker it gets. I use concealer to do the groundwork and then a few passes of bnb finishes the job. The effect is quite natural and best of all it doesn't settle in pores. It does balance and brighten, lasts for ages and I haven't found anything that I like more.

Oh dear I have ordered the first B&B in ages & have gone for the medium (usually order the Fair) It hasn't arrived yet but if it is powdery then it will be straight back.(More money wasted on P&P & return--when will I learn?)

About two years ago now, not one of the big companies I know so not Estee Lauder,L'Oreal etc. She closed her shop in NYC as well, so like Liz Earle and Bobbi Brown is just the face of the company.

Now how they get round the WE HAVE NOT CHANGED THE FORMULA is, they just move the cheaper ingredients to the top and more expensive down. That way the product does have the same ingredients.

Found it

Connecticut based private equity firm, Tengram Capital Partners, has become an investor in the cosmetic industry and acquired a stake in Laura Geller Makeup.

The brand has been sold on the direct-selling network, QVC for 15 years. It’s brick-and-mortar distribution consists of 600 Ulta doors, with plans for adding an additional 600 doors in the spring. Geller revealed that Ulta plans to double the brand’s merchandising space from its present three-foot gondola to a six-foot size.

The brand gained fame in the “primer” category with the release of a texture leveling pre-foundation product called spackle® (image left). It’s not a word most women choose to associate with their makeup products. But despite the name, it became the brand’s icon product and put them firmly in the public eye.

Geller said Tengram’s participation will allow the company to invest in marketing and advertising for the first time. “Marketing will enable the brand to have a bigger presence,” she said, noting that it also will allow her “to look at other retail opportunities,” as long as present relationships are not harmed.
The company is also looking to expand distribution overseas. The brand is only sold outside the U.S. through QVC (in the U.K., Italy and Germany). Geller acknowledged that eventually the company will be represented in department stores. “We are going to get to it,” she said.

Richard Gersten, a partner of TCP, shares that the goal is to grow the company “beyond the U.S., beyond QVC and beyond the product category,”, adding that Laura Geller Makeup will be kept within the prestige category.

Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. According to estimates by industry sources, Laura Geller Makeup generates $75 million in retail sales annually.

© 2012 Playing With Makeup™ - All Rights Reserved

I found in the past that B&B had fantastic coverage, I had had some bruises (self inflicted) and B&B covered them very well without any concealer. I also used B&B in place of concealer with a denser brush and it didn't look cakey. I didn't buy it from the very beginning and would love to know what it really used to be like.
I don't get it them making it cheaper and cheaper compromising the quality, I was returning loads lately as were others I'm sure, I'd think they would take all the returns into consideration never mind the money being lost?
Also, when the proportion of the ingredients change I don't see it as the same formula any more, even if the list of the ingredients is the same.

Even when LE removed almond oil/milk from C&P she was insisting on the tele that the formula hasn't changed. How was this possible and where was the legal department then?

I agree with every word!!!!

I found in the past that B&B had fantastic coverage, I had had some bruises (self inflicted) and B&B covered them very well without any concealer. I also used B&B in place of concealer with a denser brush and it didn't look cakey. I didn't buy it from the very beginning and would love to know what it really used to be like.
I don't get it them making it cheaper and cheaper compromising the quality, I was returning loads lately as were others I'm sure, I'd think they would take all the returns into consideration never mind the money being lost?
Also, when the proportion of the ingredients change I don't see it as the same formula any more, even if the list of the ingredients is the same.

Even when LE removed almond oil/milk from C&P she was insisting on the tele that the formula hasn't changed. How was this possible and where was the legal department then?

I think the 'legal' department only seems to pop up when you mention the name of another retailer on their FB page - otherwise it's conspicuous by its absence.

I wear makeup very lightly so I apply the BnB very sparingly. It was causing my face to itch very slightly but I seem to have got over that perhaps because I put on a 30 factor moisturiser before it

About two years ago now, not one of the big companies I know so not Estee Lauder,L'Oreal etc. She closed her shop in NYC as well, so like Liz Earle and Bobbi Brown is just the face of the company.

Now how they get round the WE HAVE NOT CHANGED THE FORMULA is, they just move the cheaper ingredients to the top and more expensive down. That way the product does have the same ingredients.

Found it

Connecticut based private equity firm, Tengram Capital Partners, has become an investor in the cosmetic industry and acquired a stake in Laura Geller Makeup.

The brand has been sold on the direct-selling network, QVC for 15 years. It’s brick-and-mortar distribution consists of 600 Ulta doors, with plans for adding an additional 600 doors in the spring. Geller revealed that Ulta plans to double the brand’s merchandising space from its present three-foot gondola to a six-foot size.

The brand gained fame in the “primer” category with the release of a texture leveling pre-foundation product called spackle® (image left). It’s not a word most women choose to associate with their makeup products. But despite the name, it became the brand’s icon product and put them firmly in the public eye.

Geller said Tengram’s participation will allow the company to invest in marketing and advertising for the first time. “Marketing will enable the brand to have a bigger presence,” she said, noting that it also will allow her “to look at other retail opportunities,” as long as present relationships are not harmed.
The company is also looking to expand distribution overseas. The brand is only sold outside the U.S. through QVC (in the U.K., Italy and Germany). Geller acknowledged that eventually the company will be represented in department stores. “We are going to get to it,” she said.

Richard Gersten, a partner of TCP, shares that the goal is to grow the company “beyond the U.S., beyond QVC and beyond the product category,”, adding that Laura Geller Makeup will be kept within the prestige category.

Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. According to estimates by industry sources, Laura Geller Makeup generates $75 million in retail sales annually.

© 2012 Playing With Makeup™ - All Rights Reserved

Donna255, I've also found another slightly more revealing article with this paragraph taken from it:

Today, while Geller still appears as a brand ambassador on QVC in the U.S. and the U.K., she is mostly uninvolved in day-to-day operations. Nevertheless, her ethos inspires the development of new products, says Drell Szyfer, and, when she so chooses, Geller is included in major decisions -- typically in their later stages.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/242707

Hmmm, somewhat flies in the face of the repeated claims that SHE is constantly developing new products and SHE is part of the process from start to finish, as we keep being told on QVC?!?!?! I am actually quite horrified (especially in light of today's Yong Kim lies revelation) that QVC is prepared to barefacedly lie to its customers - astonishing?!?!?

Also take a look at one of the FAQ entries from the Laura Geller website itself, talk about carefully worded:

Q: Do these new cartons indicate your products have changed?
A: Our product integrity and quality has not changed. We’re still the same brand you love, only with updated, happiful packaging. (sic)

Doesn't actually answer the question, does it?!?!

HUMPH!!!!

I watched the Laura Geller hour last night with Debbie Flint. She looked as though her makeup had been put on with a trowel. It was like a thick orange mask and made her look old. Close up shots of the models were no better and I bet they couldn't wait to get the whole lot washed off.

She must have changed her makeup recently. The other night it looked dark and lots of shadows and the one of the models had same dull look! I put it down to the lighting but it was rather unflattering on them.

Latest posts

Back