Laura Geller TSV 21/11/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The jury is still out for me, but the good thing about the box is the contents are only listed on the removable sleeve. I'll probably use it to stack all of the 9g Blush & Brighten colours I've amassed over the years but never used down to the terracotta tile...maybe it'll help me use them up before I'm tempted to buy any more!

I’ve used mine this morning. The B&G is very powdery and not much coverage, made my skin look dryer.
The brow pencil is good the shadows are okay, very similar to the pot I’m using at the moment. I will try it properly over the weekend but my first impression is a disappointment. The reviews are good, I may have been doing something wrong.

Marina you're spot on, the B&G is quite a loose teture - one sweep of a brush creates a lot of powder. It seems less like a foundation and more like a finishing powder and if I loved everything else in the set I'd keep the B&G as just that. I'll use it again for a couple more days but I think it's going back.

Plus, as finishing "glow" products go, Laura's Ethereal powder is better on my skin and I have a stockpile in case it's discontinued.

The B&G seems to have warmed up on my face and looks better and I’m growing to like it, but like you said Akimbo, the powder is quite a loose texture - one sweep of a brush creates a lot of powder and doesn’t have enough coverage. I guess if one’s skin is in a perfect condition and doesn’t need coverage – this is a good option, otherwise it’s too lose and translucent.

Here's my take for what it's worth. Firstly, my current bnb is powdery so not noticing much difference there. For me, the most noticeable difference (not huge tho) is the shade. I always thought that bnb was just a tad too yellow for me and the new one is definitely pinker. I did one side of my face with each and then, with trepidation, I asked He Who Notices Nothing if he could see any difference. Imagine my surprise when he said that one side is matte and one side pinker! He preferred the original but said that the difference is very small and he'd never normally have noticed. Both foundations pass the neck test but it seems that yellow based is a bit better for me after all. I will use the new one, just with a more matte blusher than usual and without my usual vanilla highlighter but probably won't buy it again.

Ŷ
Here's my take for what it's worth. Firstly, my current bnb is powdery so not noticing much difference there. For me, the most noticeable difference (not huge tho) is the shade. I always thought that bnb was just a tad too yellow for me and the new one is definitely pinker. I did one side of my face with each and then, with trepidation, I asked He Who Notices Nothing if he could see any difference. Imagine my surprise when he said that one side is matte and one side pinker! He preferred the original but said that the difference is very small and he'd never normally have noticed. Both foundations pass the neck test but it seems that yellow based is a bit better for me after all. I will use the new one, just with a more matte blusher than usual and without my usual vanilla highlighter but probably won't buy it again.

I'd ask another opinion preferable a female one as it could very well be your other half preferred the original one because it is what he is used too. Not saying he may be stuck in his ways resistant to change or anything!

Latest posts

Back