Laura Geller TSV 21/11/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's the bad thing wine make most things attractive, I did well and did not order although I went out for the day so it was easy.

I received mine today and I am pleased that I bought it. I like the new foundation and I am quite happy with the other things except for the lipstick. The colour is nice enough but it is quite matte and feels very dry. I am comparing it to the 3 Joan Collins lipsticks which I recently ordered which are fantastic.

You're spot on with that advice Lynn, I had to add ordinary B&B over my nose to take down the shine. I'm undecided so will keep using it for a few days before I decide what to do; the brow pencil is ok, I'll use the mascara and lipstick (better than expected) but the gloss is too pink. The shadow colours are ok but the cardboard packaging is a bit naff, and no doubt a cost cutting idea. Everything rests on the B&G foundation, will it justify keeping the whole set?
That's exactly what I did my nose was too shiny for daytime.

Pre ordered my TSV it arrived today and it has two lip liners instead of a lip pencil and eye pencil. Has anyone else got a kit with two lip liners?
It's for me so its no big deal. Lucky I hadn't ordered as a gift for someone.

I received mine today but had to leave it at work so will only try it on Wednesday morning.

Just a reminder that if you find you ordered the wrong colour in the B&G foundation and want to swap to the next shade along, all options of the TSV are showing in stock at the moment (except for the Medium). You can phone CS and ask them to reserve the one you want at the TSV price and on easy pays while the other set is returned to them. You have to request the pricing as you're doing a straight swap - in the same way you might swap a size in a garment.

This is a good way to secure a one time only price too: I've had success ordering any OTO option that's on Advanced Orders or Waitlist to fix the OTO price. Then keep checking when the option you really want is in stock and phone CS to alter your original order for that preferred option. However, as discussed in the Advanced Order thread, check frequently for a week or so as there's always a chance they'll despatch the unwanted AO option! If you lose your nerve cancel the order before it shows as "in progress" You still have the option to request the swap as in the paragraph above. And if you see the "wrong" item has already been despatched your last line of defence is to refuse delivery of the parcel, sparing you the return P&P and a traipse to the Post Office.

Or

You could just look for something similar and cheaper on the Dreaded High Street, with no P&P to pay! :mysmilie_14:

I take it back about not liking the box. It is much better than first impression and very sturdy and good to reuse with the magnetic closure. I like the art deco styling too BUT I would like it 100% more as it would be much more classy looking if it didn't have the pink dicky bow on the front.

................ - all generic shades that vary little from TSV to TSV.

I've been thinking this for quite a while now. I used to buy all the LG TSV's and then one day when I emptied out the box of the things I collected I realised that almost everything was pretty much the same with only very slight variations in colours between one eyeshadow pallette to the next and one lipgloss to the next. And unless you're a big fan of the mascara (which I'm not) which is in every TSV it seems then there's really only so much of that you can use.

I've opened the box and the box is so pretty with the card inside. B&G is very pretty in the pot, mostly the creams and the pinks and very little whites. I can see a lot of glitter but it may look more natural in the daylight. I will wear it tomorrow morning plus the shadows and the brow pencil. I won't be trying the lip products as I'm going to sell them if I keep the kit but I opened the lipstick and it smells of rose petals.

I got mine today, ooooooh I quite like it. What a lovely box! Can't believe I'm falling for packaging....

Balance and glow feels a lot creamier than B&B, mine definitely has a bit of a 'shimmer' to it so I'd only ever use it as a dusting over my skin rather than a full foundation. Thankfully my porcelain has a good few pink swirls in.

I'm impressed with how well the eye shadows blend, it's the first time I've ever tried baked eye shadows.

The lipstick is a nice colour but more summery, I feel. Lip liner is handy, but how excited can one get about a lip liner? The lipgloss isn't for me, but then I hate lipgloss full stop so it was never gonna be a winner.

Mascara is average, but it'll do for an every day mascara, along with the eye liner. Surprisingly impressed with the brow pencil, I thought it'd be too light for me and my dark hair, but it really does go dark if you press hard with it.

All in all I think it's a keeper!

I seems to be 'bulletproof'

Yes it does!
I'm loving the box too, surprisingly sturdy for keeping things in especially if the plastic liner is removed so more fits in.
I'm loving everything, a first for a tsv for me as there's usually something that's the wrong colour.
I'm the opposite, thought the brow pencil would be too dark, but if you don't press too hard it's very subtle. The liner is fine too, bit average but one you don't need to sharpen which I like. The mascara is a bit thin so I'm using it on bottom lashes, with Mally on top. I agree, Ellaaa, the foundation does seem creamier & I'm using it as a final swoosh or for touch ups, gives a lovely glow without being too shiny. The lipsticks are good colours for me so I'm really chuffed. Glad I ordered a second one!

Have played a bit more. Really like foundation but I only sweep lightly. Lippie ok but even better with a dab of gloss which I blend and it gives a less bright colour. Love the eyeliner and the smudgy bit works beautifully. Eyebrow fab. Lip liner can take it or leave it. Mascara not tried as I have too many on the go at the moment. Still loving the collection.

Latest posts

Back