Laura Geller TSV 6/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have Bora Bora too and thought that it was similar but this one is matte. Also I have the Coffee one that Akimbo had mentioned earlier and I love how natural it looks although a darker shade and it's matte too, but not flat.

What sort of shade is Bora Bora, was it in a TSV?
See now, I didn't like the coffee & returned that kit. It looked dirty brown on my pale skin.
I've ordered another of today's TSV as a gift. Sense says I should have ordered two at once & saved on the p&p but I wanted to see the shades first to be sure they'd suit.

I really want the four Italian marble lipsticks, but must resist as I have so many lippies. However, Laura said they are great for gifting.... to perhaps her dentist's receptionist. Dearie me.

What sort of shade is Bora Bora, was it in a TSV?
See now, I didn't like the coffee & returned that kit. It looked dirty brown on my pale skin.
I've ordered another of today's TSV as a gift. Sense says I should have ordered two at once & saved on the p&p but I wanted to see the shades first to be sure they'd suit.

Bora Bora was in a TSV some years ago, before the Coffee one, I think.

IMG_4130.jpg

Bora.......... Mauve
Bora.......... Mocha
................ Latte

I watched the launch this morning and I agree the presentation and filming was inept. So many times Laura was demoing and the camera cut away. No demonstration of the shades and how they go in. I would like to see all the models bare faced and sitting in front of mirrors applying the make up from scratch - after all, one on BNB and BnG's biggest selling points is how easy it is to apply and how intuitive it is. Well, come on, prove it. How do we know the make up artists haven't applied a layer of liquid foundation under the BnG to enhance its coverage? I know on several occasions, models and presenters have work a completely different colour lipstick, even when claiming to have worn everything from the set.

I think Laura is a wonderful guest, genuine, warm, funny, and I agree that she should be able to speak without inane and irrelevant interruptions and chit chat from the presenters. Anne Dawson is one of the better ones for allowing the guest to speak.

Well, as tempted as I am, I am going to sit on my hands. I am going to try to stop selling the kit to myself. The latest sales pitch to self was how lovely some of my perfume bottles would look in that cute box.

I want the four marbled lipsticks too, but then read reviews and they have quite poor staying power. I am more drawn to lip stains like love me dew, but would love to find a vegan one without nasties, if anyone has any recommendations.

I agree about the marbledl lipstick having no staying power,I'm currently using the new Mac Liptensity in sweet almond and it lasts all day.

I agree about the marbledl lipstick having no staying power,I'm currently using the new Mac Liptensity in sweet almond and it lasts all day.

I am a big fan of long lasting lipsticks, but the one i'm currently using has been discontinued, thank you for the suggestion.

ps just watched the video on MAC Liptensity - loved the lipsticks and the colours.

I love the look of Medium Rare in that Mac Liptensity.
Am I the only one who likes Lipfinity? I always buy the palest shade, Whisper, & wear gloss on top or put it under lipstick, that way it lasts all day.

I used to use Lipfinity and then noticed some light dots in my lips, it may have been a coincidence but I have discontinued using it.

:mysmilie_13:
I am a big fan of long lasting lipsticks, but the one i'm currently using has been discontinued, thank you for the suggestion.

ps just watched the video on MAC Liptensity - loved the lipsticks and the colours.

I've just watched a video of them too.....blue lipstick :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

QVCs buying power eh? http://www.feelunique.com/p/Laura-Geller-Filter-Finish-Baked-Radiant-Setting-Powder. Compared to £31.50 and the buying power of QVC. Yes no brush, but who needs a brush every time a customer buys it.

That's a good price, but QVC price is currently £26.28 + £3.95 = £30.23 for the setting powder plus a decent brush (looks like the angled stippling brush) with theirs. Yes, I know it's one of their little tricks that makes it difficult to make straightforward comparisons... but that brush, if it's the one I think, is £9.95 on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laura-Geller-Angled-Stippling-Brush/dp/B0133M97FA/ref=sr_1_9_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1478458127&sr=8-9&keywords=laura+geller+brushes Which would actually make the QVC price better if you actually want the brush. If you don't then absolutely the price at Feelunique is better.

I love the look of Medium Rare in that Mac Liptensity.
Am I the only one who likes Lipfinity? I always buy the palest shade, Whisper, & wear gloss on top or put it under lipstick, that way it lasts all day.

I've always thought about trying Lipfinity but worry it would be very drying. How is it for you?
I like the Revlon colour stain crayons, the colour payoff is great and they last a long time on the lips (I guess cos they have a stain in them), but by the end of the day I find them a little drying.

I found lipfinity did dry out my lips, you had to keep applying the gloss stick thing over it.

Clarins do a lip fix stick which really holds any lipstick on. I love NARS Audacious and boy they really stay on, add the Clarins and its a job getting the colour to come off. The thing at the moment from brands is a matt lip gloss with more staying power, they leave a stain on the lips too so you still have some colour left.

Call me cynical but I'm not convinced Nalintha's cheeks are down to the TSV blusher, there's definitely a contour, defining her cheek bones which isn't pale pink. Equally the model wearing the Deep BnG can't be using the Chandelier Blush can she?

It looks pretty and good to see a return of the 9g size; most of the recent blushers have been only 5g which is a bit mean. I don't blame Laura for selling her company but I'm wary that the products will change or shrink or both.

I read that an investor had come on board, but didn't realise she had sold the business in it's entirety. Do you know who it was to, Akimbo? Was just interested, thanks. :happy:

Anyone else find the launch hour quite irritating? I felt like Iggy didnt give Laura proper time to talk, the cameras were flitting between demos, the tsv etc, just found the whole hour wasn't very well put together.

Also I dont watch much live Q anymore, do they always now repeat the midnight hour at 1am? Didnt they always used to have two live hours from 12-2?

Yes, they only broadcast live until 1am now, and frequently spend the first and last 15mins of the 12am show on the TSV. :sleepy: One of a number of factors that have contributed towards devaluing the TSV's, in my opinion.

I found lipfinity did dry out my lips, you had to keep applying the gloss stick thing over it.

Clarins do a lip fix stick which really holds any lipstick on. I love NARS Audacious and boy they really stay on, add the Clarins and its a job getting the colour to come off. The thing at the moment from brands is a matt lip gloss with more staying power, they leave a stain on the lips too so you still have some colour left.

I am currently obsessed with Nars Velvet Lip Glides, have three in my collection now. They dry semi-matte, but are really comfortable (hate having dry lips!), and - as you say - they stain the lips, so you have some lasting colour. I have never found anything that delivers dazzling longevity (but I do drink a lot), so just reapply lots! Will have to try your recommendations, thanks. :happy:

I spent the money I'd have spent on this on the Nars counter, but then my sister offered to get me the TSV for Christmas. :mysmilie_14:

Found an interview with Laura from a couple of weeks ago, apologies if already posted.

https://fashionweekdaily.com/makeup-guru-laura-geller-on-her-20-year-legacy/

Some hedge fund like company. Though like Bobbi Brown/Liz Earle Laura is suppose to still have shares and input. Whether I believe the latter now sure? Someone on Facebook who is a big fan insists Laura still decides, though I doubt it myself.[/B]

Yes, they only broadcast live until 1am now, and frequently spend the first and last 15mins of the 12am show on the TSV. :sleepy: One of a number of factors that have contributed towards devaluing the TSV's, in my opinion.

I am currently obsessed with Nars Velvet Lip Glides, have three in my collection now. They dry semi-matte, but are really comfortable (hate having dry lips!), and - as you say - they stain the lips, so you have some lasting colour. I have never found anything that delivers dazzling longevity (but I do drink a lot), so just reapply lots! Will have to try your recommendations, thanks. :happy:

I spent the money I'd have spent on this on the Nars counter, but then my sister offered to get me the TSV for Christmas. :mysmilie_14:

Yes they are excellent. There is a mini set with 6, but I found the colours apart from Bound to be all very similar berry/brown shades. The new Chanel ones are all red based and do not feel drying. I bought 152 a raspberry red Also if you have a Inglot counter near you they do a version of matt gloss as well, cheaper than NARS and Chanel

Found an interview with Laura from a couple of weeks ago, apologies if already posted.

https://fashionweekdaily.com/makeup-guru-laura-geller-on-her-20-year-legacy/

Thank you for the interview, no not seen that before.

Latest posts

Back