Laura Geller TSV 6/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if QVC sent people a 'buy early' email and find the 24 reviews prior to the launch astonishing, and there probably will be more before the launch and by tomorrow morning. Something that the presenters are going to feast on no doubt.

It was online since Wednesday on EPs and never taken down, they must've sent the emails out.

Also I'm surprised that there are no new LG items so far, just the TSV.

I can wear B&B in fair or medium am hoping they bring out a shade in between in a neutral undertone as someone suggested they will. Anyway when B&g came out I purchased in medium and it was too dark for me, the first time I wore it someone commented how tanned I looked so I knew it was too dark and didn't wear again.

Have ordered this TSV in fair to try.

Anyone else find the launch hour quite irritating? I felt like Iggy didnt give Laura proper time to talk, the cameras were flitting between demos, the tsv etc, just found the whole hour wasn't very well put together.

Also I dont watch much live Q anymore, do they always now repeat the midnight hour at 1am? Didnt they always used to have two live hours from 12-2?

I was to bed early and up for work and switched on to watch a bit of the demo and online the TSV is showing as sold out!!! It's 5.15am. Well I'm glad I ordered mine early but annoyed I had to. So not mega stocks at all.

The website has been showing sold out/back in stock/sold out all night (well, morning for me, its 1.30pm here!). QVC really need to get their website sorted, its utterly crap!

The website is buggered again. Happened on Friday with the Links OTO it seems, people charged full price or told out of stock.

Anyway watched a short bit of the launch. The brown crayon thing is just weird looking, I thought it was a contour stick!!! Wonder if it will crease a lot?

Oh, I got the buy early email, and I never buy LG. Mine I get loads of buy early beauty from brands I have never bought from.

It was said in the launch hour that they sold 4 000 in that hour and 10 000 in total, so 6 000 was sold before the launch

Anyone else find the launch hour quite irritating? I felt like Iggy didnt give Laura proper time to talk, the cameras were flitting between demos, the tsv etc, just found the whole hour wasn't very well put together.

Also I dont watch much live Q anymore, do they always now repeat the midnight hour at 1am? Didnt they always used to have two live hours from 12-2?

What a terrible presentation. The camera was mostly on JF when Laura was doing the demoing behind those product details, awful!

Also, they didn't display the pots with all the colour options. Must have got dizzy with the success of 6 000 sold prior to the launch.
They must be very sure that the TSV is going to sell itself.

They have started doing just one hour after midnight around a year ago or so I think.

It's wonderful to have Laura back on our screens. Get rid of any presenter and let Laura do the show herself. Laura is warm, funny, knowlegeable. The presenters always have to but in and spoil things! Jill F looked better make-up wise without the Cara Delavigne monster eyebrows.

I watch some qvc us and the presenters on there are much more relaxed.

When a TSV has previously been on the US channel, I like to watch the video. They give a much clearer idea of what's included.

What a terrible presentation. The camera was mostly on JF when Laura was doing the demoing behind those product details, awful!

Also, they didn't display the pots with all the colour options. Must have got dizzy with the success of 6 000 sold prior to the launch.
They must be very sure that the TSV is going to sell itself.

They have started doing just one hour after midnight around a year ago or so I think.

I found the midnight launch, irritating to say the least, you only seemed to be able to see the medium, no other pots shown, the show the difference in shades, and I did not like the look of the B&G at all on the model, put me right off. The blusher looks very pale and the lipstick and gloss doesn't look like my sort of shade so I don't think I will bother, so glad I waited for the live presentation otherwise I would have been disappointed and annoyed at myself for having to pay the return postage if I didn't like it

Sarah Jagger's whiny voice is annoying me; Frankenfurter had me fast-forwarding thru the launch hour ("So funny?" No it's not!) she was talking over Laura as usual, and now Alison's on with her Bo Peep flat-top-with-ringlet-sides-do, shouting at me.
I see on facebook lots of posts asking to hear what Laura has to say without the inane drivel of the presenter rudely spoken over her! Shut the F up and let her speak she's only here a couple of times a year; no one is interested in Brooke Shields or Ginger Rogers twaddle!

:mysmilie_1:

While QVC US isn't perfect, far from it, they still seem to have some professional standards. And maybe they can be calmer because they are not struggling (as we suspect QVCUK are) and don't have desperate exhortations from the producer/director to do something, anything to get the product in someone's shopping basket and checked out.

How I wish they had had a presenter for the launch (if they really had to have one) who would ask questions and then listen to the flaming answers!!!! Jill is far more interested in what she herself is saying, and deludes herself into thinking we're hanging on every inanity and insincerity that drips from her mouth.

Akimbo - you are so right... if we wanted to hear Jill or any other presenter blethering away, we can do that most nights of the week. We maybe have a fortnight or a month to wait if they aren't scheduled, are on holiday, off sick, or doing something else... but if we get Laura for 2 TSVs a year now, we count ourselves lucky. Even if you don't like Laura's makeup, I think it would be impossible not to like and enjoy her during her presentations... or we would if poor Laura could get a word in edgewise.

I have bought this - I bought two in the Fair as I'm intending to give one as a present, and one for me. I think the blusher looks lovely... hope it's as nice in the flesh. I like Bora Bora, which is a bit more shimmery but quite pale. For those of us on the fair-to-porcelain end of the spectrum, I think it will be a flattering shade. The only thing I doubt I would use is the eyeliner... I'm more likely to use that crayon as an eyeliner.

Latest posts

Back