Laura Geller TSV 6/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
According to hints on FB, this TSV will have a Venetian theme and will contain Balance & Glow! More or less confirmed that but if nothing else the poster said it DEFINITELY doesn't contain BnB šŸ˜Š

Laura Geller seems to have the habit of knowing what to put in or leave out to make me buy. I definitely didn't want B&B but do want to try the B & G in light as my medium makes me look like I've fake tanned. Will need persuading to purchase non the less as 'need' nothing.

I'm hoping the rest of the kit is worth keeping. I bought the last TSV with B&G but was a bit underwhelmed by the collection although liked the B&G.
I have complained about the new powdery formula of B&B but keep going back to it after trying Tarte, Doll10 and Lancome foundations.
Looking forward to this TSV. I guess it's a Christmas TSV so expecting EPs.

BTW, there are going to be six LG hours next week on 11th and 12th if I remember correctly.

Balance and Glow gives that shiny/oily look (at least the one in the TSV last year did. :( )
Looking shinier is the last thing I need!!!

It'll be interesting to see what else is in the kit. Will she break out of the Pink/Mauve doldrums she's been in for the last few years?

I've been using B&B quite a lot lately. Especially since I picked up and used the short stubby brush that was with the Tarte powder foundation with it when my kabuki brush went missing. Surprisingly I was really happy with the application so has carried on using it. Seems quicker, less messy and better finish. What type of brush do you all find works best for you with B&B?

This one works the best for me, but mine is slanted, I couldn't find the photo for it, came with one of the TSVs, it's a very dense brush and gives good coverage.

http://www.beautybay.com/makeupbrus...a2gQJDW3doyG3CSTXBzMylA5LdSdiWAUHUhoCp43w_wcB

I was looking at this small kabuki brush from Tarte TSV for a while now and found one on eBay, shall be ordering now I think, it's inexpensive but I have loads, and this stops me from buying.

Oh, here it is on qvc.com

http://www.qvc.com/Laura-Geller-Retractable-Angled-Kabuki-Brush.product.A338629.html?sc=A338629-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-34-_-A338629&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/29/a338629.001?$uslarge$

It seems that we are getting this TSV before the US, was trying to nose for any reviews, nothing..

I've never found a brush that works well, but I'm definitely going to try the tarte kabuki brush from the TSV. Thanks.

Let us know how you get on. I wasn't expecting success as it is so different to those recommended by Laura Geller but it's made me much happier with the B&B (largely due to ease and speed of use) but am happy with the finish too.

I use a sponge to apply the B&B. I just dab it on. I am a very light foundation wearer though. Recently I have just been wearing Maybelline Baby Skin primer on its own and sometimes the lightest touch of B&B over my cheekbones.

Likewise, I've tried every type of brush to apply B&B but the best one is the dense angled kabuki brush that someone posted a link to earlier in the thread - not sure whether it's the angle or what, but it just seems to apply it so smoothly, much better than the rounded (and cheaper) brushes that seem to come with TSVs these days. Would highly recommend investing in that angled one.

Likewise, I've tried every type of brush to apply B&B but the best one is the dense angled kabuki brush that someone posted a link to earlier in the thread - not sure whether it's the angle or what, but it just seems to apply it so smoothly, much better than the rounded (and cheaper) brushes that seem to come with TSVs these days. Would highly recommend investing in that angled one.

I like this one best too.
This morning I tried the Tarte one mentioned but I much prefer the angled big Laura Geller one. The Tarte one felt quite hard in comparison.

This morning I tried the Tarte one mentioned but I much prefer the angled big Laura Geller one. The Tarte one felt quite hard in comparison.

I can't compare, but the Laura Geller angled Kabuki brush is gorgeously soft.

Mind you, I don't mind the standard push up brush, as you can bring the sheath up around it to "firm up" the brush head where necessary, which I find very useful.

I bought a bog-standard No7 foundation brush for use with the liquid/cream foundations and have been very pleased with it... easy to use and works well around the eyes as well as the rest of the face.

Bummer, I wish I didn't bother now with Tarte one, have so many brushes.
The large angled one was a big surprise when I first used it. It covers the whole compact effortlessly and gives good coverage. Washes well too.

Latest posts

Back