Liz Earle is now owned by Boots!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No Avon bought Liz Earle and then the crash hit and their business has not been doing well for quite some time. I put links up here a few times over a few years about this, Coty wanted to buy Avon and they said no. I think they thought they were worth more. The sale of LE sounds like them getting money. Now its not actually Boots UK if you read the article, but Walgreens/Boots who now own, there are no Boots stores in the US their products are in Walgreens. For Walgreens think Woolworths chain stores. Not sure but what they paid is a lot less than Avon paid for LE.

The reason I used Woolworth as an example is because it was a chain very well known and inexpensive. We don't have Walgreens, they prescriptions etc and sell drug store cosmetics etc. Perhaps I should have said Superdrug?

Just reading this thread and your first post made it sound like Walgreens/ woolworths were the same company lol very confusing but at least we got there in the end.

I doubt the take over will really change much besides more price increases :( .

So, Liz Earle, Bobbi Brown and Laura Geller have sold out. Mally went bust and was taken over.

Anyone else?

I think these individual companies loose some of their identity when taken over by the 'big boys'.I still use C&P but also like Alpha H Balancing Cleanser. Walgreeens in IMO is nowhere as nice a shopping environment as Boots or Superdrug here.The last one I was in was like a down market discount store-- not the LE image at all!!

Just reading this thread and your first post made it sound like Walgreens/ woolworths were the same company lol very confusing but at least we got there in the end.

I doubt the take over will really change much besides more price increases :( .

Too early in the morning when posting. :mysmilie_50:

most of the names mentioned on here test on animals so I eliminated them a long time ago, same with Johnson and Johnson, and the list is endless, I could go on ad nauseum. They sell out to make money, I think they have vast amounts of shares still in their companies, to a lesser or greater degree. Many of the companies are under the Estee Lauder umbrella of companies.

So, Liz Earle, Bobbi Brown and Laura Geller have sold out. Mally went bust and was taken over.

Anyone else?

Decleor are owned by a Japanese company Sishedo?

Elemis were aquired by Steiner in 1996

Gatineau are owned I think by Revlon

I do hope LE concentrates more on the skincare side of the business now and we get some serums, and more body products from the Superskin range.

Well at least it wasn't sold to Superdrug or Savers! Not that I'm sure snooty old Lizzy would care for the right amount of cash.

I do hope LE concentrates more on the skincare side of the business now and we get some serums, and more body products from the Superskin range.

Yes Gatineau Revlon.
Shiseido also own Bare Minerals.

Not any more! Decleor now a L'Oreal brand.
Shiseido Sells Decléor & Carita To L'Oréal. SHISEIDO has agreed to sell its Carita and Decléor brands to fellow beauty giant L'Oréal for €227.5 million euros (£187 million approx.), after the two companies began talks last year.20 Feb 2014
Shiseido Sells Decléor And Carita To L'Oréal (Vogue.co.uk)
www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2014/.../shiseido-sells-decleor-and-carita-to-lorea...

Yes Gatineau Revlon.
Shiseido also own Bare Minerals.

Shisedo sold Carita and Decleor to L'Oreal last year

When it comes to profit, these large businesses have no ethics. Decleor boasts about being a natural skincare brand, with no animal testing. Yet it has no qualms about selling to companies which do utilise such inhumane testing methods. Shisheido and l'oreal.

Boots own the Soap and Glory brand and always do a great star gift of the week at Christmas, I hope this means there will also be a Liz Earle one too!!

Boots own the Soap and Glory brand and always do a great star gift of the week at Christmas, I hope this means there will also be a Liz Earle one too!!
Didn't known that Soap and Glory is owned by Boots as well.

Steiner appear to have a bit of a reputation. Many of the staff has posted very negative comments in the past.

Steiner appear to have a bit of a reputation. Many of the staff has posted very negative comments in the past.

That's interesting. Many a beautician has been trained by Steiner... I know mine was. They are very strict about personal presentation, I believe, but also pretty meticulous in the training.

Latest posts

Back