Liz Earle new 'Avon-like' bath and body products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Starlight

Registered Shopper
I see Liz Earle has launched a range of shower gels and body lotions in 3 different fragrances, Bergamot & Ginger, Tiare & Jasmine and Vanilla & Saffron.

They are not in the usual Liz Earle style of packaging but coloured bottles and have 'parfum' in the ingredients list.

Seems a shame, she used to be proud of the fact that all her products including the bodywash had lovely fragrances purely from the natural ingredients and no added perfume like other brands.

Looking more like Avon products now.

Well spotted. but be Careful with the Avon comparisons some avid LE fans may get very ticked off. The change in ingredients was inevitable IMHO. I wonder if these new products will be ok for sensitive skins or replace existing products like my beloved LE body wash?

I actually in the post today got a sample of the Tiara & Jasmine body lotion, plus the magazine Beauty Insider. Oh and its Caroline doing the details and products in it.

The shower cream is £12.50 and the body lotion £14.50, in store its exclusive to John Lewis until the end of March.

Never been able to use Avon because the products make my eyes sore.
Will have to keep a VERY close eye on the ingredient lists.

Thanks for the heads up!

Received a sample today of the new lotion and reading the sachet it said it contains almond milk. I find this strange as they got rid of almond milk out of cleanse & polish because of nut allergies.

Tova got bought out and the quality went downhill. Seems Liz has sold out too. Next we'll be seeing it in Superdrug :(

Still I don't suppose Liz cares much though. She's lounging in her £2 million home on the tranquil Isle of Wight where she grows her own cucumbers and dabs her skin with natural source vitamin E!

Cleanse and polish could turn up on Bid TV . Do you think they would do the special lighting for Liz?

She was reportedly a bit of a diva and insisted on having a stylist / driver / PA and cordoning off a part of the studio!

Received a sample today of the new lotion and reading the sachet it said it contains almond milk. I find this strange as they got rid of almond milk out of cleanse & polish because of nut allergies.

Yes it was removed for our safety. But Almond Milk is an expensive ingredient compared to the Coco Butter which replaced it, CB cheap as chips. Oh and found to block pores etc as well. Quite a few who decided on Facebook to use Palmers Coco Butter as a cleanser found that one out(it was a craze last year recommended as cheaper but just as good as other hot cloth cleansers), then the spots and blocked pores started to be reported.

I got a sample of the lotion, saffron and something, at the Beauty bash and gave it to a colleague (50 +) who loves LE products. She reported back that it was gorgeous and left her skin very silky.

I used Cleanse & Polish for years when it had the old packaging and contained almond milk. It was gorgeous-thick yet silky texture. When they replaced it with cocoa butter an changed the packaging I carried on using it for a while but quickly found something better. It just wasn't the same. If it aint broke don't fix it it.

I saw these on display last week and dived for the tester body lotions. The tiare/jasmine seemed the nicest of the bunch, vanilla/saffron was pleasant enough but I found bergamot (or should that be bergamont, lol)/ginger very overpowering as if I had fallen into a vat of fruit squash. And that was from just a dot of lotion on the hand, I imagine it would be really heady if you covered yourself in it (but then I am more into florals).

I ordered direct from Liz Earle at Christmas and didn't get the beautiful tissue wrapping. It's all a great shame. It was a lovely brand and presented nicely as gifts but I'm really doubting them now.

I ordered direct from Liz Earle at Christmas and didn't get the beautiful tissue wrapping. It's all a great shame. It was a lovely brand and presented nicely as gifts but I'm really doubting them now.

I agree. Part of the pleasure of ordering from Liz Earle direct is how nicely the items are packaged. Whenever I order from them I find myself pulled into not wanting to take off the tissue and use the products because they are so nicely presented. I am easily pleased me!

I'm actually looking forward to trying all of these new products. There is a body scrub coming out too so I'm waiting for that.
I smelt all the fragrances at the Beauty Bash and I liked them all. I was a bit put off that you could only have a sample of one and that was the body lotion.
Saying that Liz Earle was very tight at the Beaut Bash because of all the samples they had on show from the traditional range you could only have one!

I'm actually looking forward to trying all of these new products. There is a body scrub coming out too so I'm waiting for that.
I smelt all the fragrances at the Beauty Bash and I liked them all. I was a bit put off that you could only have a sample of one and that was the body lotion.
Saying that Liz Earle was very tight at the Beaut Bash because of all the samples they had on show from the traditional range you could only have one!

I also want to try all of the neu products, especially the body butter. I like the packaging.

I also want to try all of the neu products, especially the body butter. I like the packaging.

is it a body butter rather than a scrub? My apologies. I think I was just too excited at the prospect. lol!

Latest posts

Back