Liz Earle new 'Avon-like' bath and body products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just been into my local store to have a look at these new products and I can say I am impressed. They all smell wonderful though my favourite was the very refreshing ginger and bergamot. I had to resist today but will definitely purchase in future. They seem very Elemis inspired to me.

I'm actually looking forward to trying all of these new products. There is a body scrub coming out too so I'm waiting for that.
I smelt all the fragrances at the Beauty Bash and I liked them all. I was a bit put off that you could only have a sample of one and that was the body lotion.
Saying that Liz Earle was very tight at the Beaut Bash because of all the samples they had on show from the traditional range you could only have one!

I was a bit cheeky because they were so tight; when no one was looking I grabbed a handful of the body lotion samples. I don't even use LE anymore but my mum's a big fan so she was pleased.

uk.lizearle.com are offering free p&p until Monday at 2pm, so I have taken the opportunity to order my Mum the Bergamot & Ginger duo for Mothers Day, as she picked this of the three for her sample when we were are the Beauty Bash.

I agree. Part of the pleasure of ordering from Liz Earle direct is how nicely the items are packaged. Whenever I order from them I find myself pulled into not wanting to take off the tissue and use the products because they are so nicely presented. I am easily pleased me!
I had the same experience. Seems the brand has lost its uniqueness now.

I only use the shampoo and conditioner now, but I'll probably end up ditching that soon and looking elsewhere

I got a sample of the body lotion through the post least week (lord knows why, I've not ordered anything from LE for at least four years) and I didn't like it at all. Tried it once and threw the rest in the bin.

I tried the original body wash and it didn`t do for me at all. Made me itch like mad.

Funnily enough, I got a sample of the new Body Lotion in the post yesterday from LE.
I think I would have liked the Ginger or the Vanilla one, but they sent me the Tiare & Jasmine one. Didn't like it TBH, too floral for me. It did sink in really quickly though and felt nice, so the quality seemed really good which I suppose is a good thing.

I won't be rushing to order any though, I don't use a Body Lotion, and the shower gel, while it's not as expensive as L'Occitane, I still think it's a bit overpriced TBH.

Tried my sample last night - Bergamot & Ginger. Not mad on the smell, but not offensive. Sank in well, felt silky, nice product, but I don't have very dry skin so wouldn't know if it would suit everyone. Will not be buying as I am happy with Garnier 7 day lotion from the dreaded high street for about £2! Does this mean that the other LE body moisturisers will be discontinued? I used to buy the dry oil body sprays but they quietly slipped away a few years ago.

I have just received a sample of the vanilla/saffron body lotion and it smells horrid. It reminds me of very bad mens aftershave.
I hope they don't mess about with the instant boost skin tonic and the orange flower body wash they smell divine IMHO.

I have just received a sample of the vanilla/saffron body lotion and it smells horrid. It reminds me of very bad mens aftershave.
I hope they don't mess about with the instant boost skin tonic and the orange flower body wash they smell divine IMHO.

According to some, they already have. It was mentioned on here somewhere I think.

On another note, I'm pretty sure the Shampoo has changed. It definitely feels different to me now which is a shame as it's the only shampoo I use.

I had a sample of the vanilla lotion yesterday. It was VILE. I normally like vanilla scents but this wasn't nice at all and ended up invite bin!

I do like the shampoo and conditioner and will be really disappointed if it's changed. I was about to order some more but not sure whether to bother now.

I must admit of the three fragrances, I like Vanilla & Saffron the least. But I don't dislike it.

After reading this thread I decided to give the Vanilla & Saffron sample sachet a go that I had knocking about.

Oh my GOD what the hell was that smell? Was there supposed to be vanilla in it? Awful! Who would pay for that stuff? Especially at Liz Earle's inflated body product prices. Skin no softer or supple than with Vaseline's body lotion. Paying for the name and nothing else.

Awful. Look forward to watching Caroline trying to flog that one, no words can describe how awful (or luxurious.....) it smells.

I just opened my sample of the Vanilla & Saffron body lotion and I too think it's horrible, had to go and wash it off - it reminds me of a cheap vanilla candle I once bought from Home Bargains that smelt sickly and gave me a headache!

Such a drastic change from all the previous subtly scented natural products, who cares if it contains 'sustainably sourced Madagascan vanilla' and the like, it still contains synthetic 'parfum' and you can get much nicer body lotions from Avon for about £2!!

I think I liked all the smells at the BB, at least some of them were lovely. Much more strongly fragranced than I'd actually want to use on my body every day though, I get really bored of smells quickly. I usually use very bland smelling or fragrance free body lotion. The L'Occitane shea was the most strongly fragranced body lotion I could use regularly and it's quite subtle. Sure the Liz ones would be lovely for someone less fickle.

Latest posts

Back