Loccitane soaps

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love l'Occitane soaps too, particularly milk shea and peony, especially after really dirty work such as gardening. I also use MB hand wash a lot, and for lovely clean hands, you can't beat Crabtree & Everlyn Gardener's Remedy.

I won't be parted from my I'occitanne soap I will try nothing else! I have even converted a friend (who thought the cost was off the planet) to using these.I was recently in Portsmouth & bought some a bit cheaper in the outlet @ Gunwharf.I panic if I get down to six bars in the bathroom! Take a bar on holiday---much easier than carrying liquids. THE BEST IMO!!!

Lol. The cheap white soap with the word "buttermilk" stamped into it that they used to have at my junior school is on sale - 144 bars for £10! AHahahaha. How cheap! I wouldn't mind getting one bar just from a nostalgia point of view but I wouldn't want 144 of them cluttering the place up. Now that I remember the appearance of the soap I would be interested to see if the smell of it brings back any memories!

Looks like I may be with locci for a bit longer than. I shall have a look at their own site and compare with Q.

L'Occitane recently had a one day online flash sale where quite a few things were 50% off. I stocked up on a few Honeysuckle soaps as they seem to have discontinued these. They were 125g too, not the new 100g size that they have introduced in other fragrances. Not sure if they reduced the price when they did that - although I doubt it.

Donna I wish your Bonne Mere man came to our market. We do get a lot of French food sellers but sadly no soap.

Last edited:
Good old Alexith and her thoapth! They are nice but I only buy them from Debenhams or John Lewis on sale!

Donna's right about Lush. The soaps are one culprit, but the worst was their Buffy bar. Cost me a fortune in drain cleaner.

I hate Lush! Their stupid shops stink from about 2 kilometres away! I don't want to buy a soap that looks like a slice of melon or a shampoo that looks like a Soda Stream concentrate! I hate their gimmicky, overpriced tat! I remember going into their Brighton shop with a friend and they were demonstrating these "bath bombs" - a sort of round ball that fizzed and released various things when thrown into the bathtub. The employee demonstrating them was throwing little cut-up titbits into half barrel of water. I just picked up a whole one from the pyramid display next to the barrel and chucked it in, much to the annoyance of the employee who informed me that I had just wasted £3 worth of product!

i have the odd bath bomb in the winter as i find them great aromatherapy....but i agree ..very expensive ...give me loccitanne or ...bayliss and hardy soap ...which i know is not as luxurious....any day ...and soap and glory ...i love those products:mysmilie_492:

They wanted to charge me for the bath bomb I threw into the barrel. I told them to get lost! I think some of their products look ridiculous - like soaps that look like a slice of cake! Or hair shampoo got up to look like a toadstool! I just don't get it!

I know they say you can keep L'Occitaine soaps unopened but to me the fragrance never lasts. At the moment I'm using a Delice de Fruits soap that I bought earlier this year and I can only smell the fragrance if I put it right up to my nose.

I'm not a user of Lush products but I do love their Snowcake soap that they have around Crimbo which I do make a point of buying and last year I bought another one called Snow Globe but I agree I wish they would just do standard bars rather than random lumps! :mysmilie_508:

I like Lush and I like the smell when walking down the street. I don't think I would though however if I worked next door.

I like the history of the company and they are as green as any business. Many say they are, Lush do make some mistakes but in the main are very ethical.

some old l'occitane soap of the past. shea fig, chestnut,vanilla bourbon. clementine, a huge lavender with seeds soap, a white all purpose one, olive and lavender and the gorgeous pure olive. the even did a tomato and olive range

ive found a lovely smelling soap in the pound shop called .....bottled at the source.....it doesnt do the other things the posh soaps do but my son commented on the lovely rapsberry one ...said what a nice smell ...deal for washing hands when youve got a large family ...,.

I also have a (expensive!) L'Occitane soap habit.

I do believe Alexis when she goes on about the triple-milledness, and having less water. Anything else I try just turns to mush (or goes gungy) on the basin side.

I am always interested in finding a rival for L'Occitane soaps but am yet to find one. I use yhe shea milk soaps and the bonne mere, and also have a couple of Rose 4 Reinnes soaps which is my favourite L'Occitane scent. I tend to collect them in the gift sets in the sale or the TSV's and they all get used. I am also a liquid soap fanatic and use that at home for the whole family.

I totally agree re the 4 roses soap - it's the best they do IMO.

I think they are only 50g and I have a couple (unopened!) in my knicker drawer and they sent is truly beautiful every time I open it. The body cream in the glass jar is divine too!

i agree the soaps are gorgeous ....ive bought many over the years ....when im being frugal its bargain shops lol ....makes me appreciate the posh ones more ....

Glad it's just not me that has a passion for locci soaps. Looks like I am in good company!!

Latest posts

Back