Looks like things are all going a bit bandy at QVC?...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We repeat the same things like a mantra but do/will Q ever listen ..... noooooooooo !
So be it on their own heads when things go downhill. If they won`t move with the times or think they can rely evermore on their 30 day mbg then they`re bigger fools than they look.

I don't like the sound of the unborn lamb thing. It sounds utterly horrible! And why do they have to be unborn? I think that's going way over the line in terms of acceptability. Killing unborn lambs to line the pockets of Mr growling, white gnashers Basso! I do find him quite a funny character.

I saw a Daily Mail post on here & researched via google Julius. Very, very saddened when I read more. I won't go into the details as I don't want to upset anyone on this thread who weren't expecting to read such horrific, murderous cruelty but like I say anyone can google "Denis Basso broadtail protest" & see what comes up. There are also basso coats for sale made with broadtail on the web. The pregnant ewes are killed to get to their unborn whilst in the womb but fully formed. It's all about getting the "softest possible pelts" apparently :( x.

I really hope that at least QVC UK listen to us before it's too late & not be so damn greedy compared to other retailers. They're relying on people who are either too well off to care how much they pay or people who aren't internet savvy. Whilst not wishing to generalise, many of these customers tend to be older. When they go they appear to have no back up plan to keep the customers flowing in, (& if they think the "presenter self centred approach", reading silly tweets off a tablet is going to entice us they've got it sooo badly wrong imo)!

Last edited:
It appears that Boden make the returns policy clear, i.e 'abuse' of the system?

They phrase it kind of oddly actually -

'As you'll probably be aware, we operate a no-quibble returns policy and If you return an item within 365 days of receipt, will give you back the amount you paid for the item, or offer an exchange, whichever you prefer, no questions asked.

After this period, until the first anniversary of your order arriving, you can still return anything that does not meet your naturally high quality expectations (things like wear and tear are included, though garments that have been mauled by pets, drawn on by nephews, worn while decorating and so forth, don't qualify).

So if you're not happy, we will give you account credit for the amount you paid for that item. Almost all of you are lovely people and will see this as us being helpful and confident about how well made our clothes are, but there will be a few rotten apples who might look on this as an opportunity to refresh their wardrobe for free each season (you know who you are).

Anyone repeatedly trying to do this will get spotted, and a dim view will be taken, probably resulting in us parting company*. When returning goods which you bought using a discount or offer, we will adjust the refund accordingly if you fall below the discount/offer threshold, as that discount or offer will no longer apply. Should anything spring a fault in the first 6 months, we will, of course, give you your money back.

If you are a pathological chancer and simply can't help yourself , we recommend trying it on with our competitors instead. '

Can't see any info linking to the asterisk! Thinking of whether QVC will change anything, Boden did get a lot of criticism recently and they have changed a few things, but I suspect they must have seen some profit denting to actually do it. I'm not sure what they've changed as I haven't actually bought from them in years but they've been sending out marketing saying they have ditched frumpy designs in response to feedback and I think the mbg for a year might be new. I don't know if QVC profits are down or not, or how much say the UK branch has in how it changes itself. Maybe that is part of problem, that they might have a bit of a power struggle with the US QVC over decisions. Trying to think of an excuse for them there!

Last edited:
I recall being in M&S about 15 years ago, standing in the queue waiting to pay for my groceries, and I overheard 2 very well heeled ladies, discussing whether they had seen today's TSV.

I haste to add that those were the days of heavy discounts when the TSVs sold out as they were such good value.
i.e. the majassive value Aveda kits which comprised of litre bottles of shampoo, conditioner, paddle brushed and at least 3 other full size products, one was almost always a styling product ,finishing spray or hair spray too

I recall being in M&S about 15 years ago, standing in the queue waiting to pay for my groceries, and I overheard 2 very well heeled ladies, discussing whether they had seen today's TSV.

I haste to add that those were the days of heavy discounts when the TSVs sold out as they were such good value.
i.e. the majassive value Aveda kits which comprised of litre bottles of shampoo, conditioner, paddle brushed and at least 3 other full size products, one was almost always a styling product ,finishing spray or hair spray too

Yes I remember those Aveda TSV's! They haven't done Aveda for years, one more decent range that bit the dust at QVC Towers :( They replaced it with MOP that made my scalp itch & was watery, ended up chucking it as friends didn't like it either.

Agree with all that's been said on this thread. Only really watch beauty shows, however, I've not ordered anything for a while. Beauty TSV's are not worth it anymore as the majority of them are just trial sizes of products. I now buy my skincare/make up from my local department store (Debenhams) and IMO I get more for my money when I buy Clarins or Clinique products during the bonus time.

The sales ladies that I go to are lovely and I always get offered loads of trial size products to try before I buy.

I have to agree it would be great if they did a Bobbi Brown TSV or if they got MAC on QVC as I love their products!

I loved Aveda TSVs you always felt like you got a bargain because you were getting salon sizes that would last about a year!

They used to do brilliant Decleor TSVs. I bought the last decent one ages ago which was around about £45 and it included Iris oil and the neck cream - both full size and some other mini sizes of things. Really fantastic value. I always bought the Molton Brown TSVs as they were such good value as well. I haven't bought a TSV for a long time as I just don't think they are tempting enough. The beauty ones are usually around the £60 mark now when you add in the P&P. Hope they do a Judith Williams one soon as she offers very good value for very good products - in fact I think that was the last TSV I bought and I loved it.

I don't go to town to shop so I'm Q's ideal customer but just because I buy from home doesn't mean to say I'm willing to pay silly prices and ONE P&P charge per order is something they are going to have to look at because otherwise they are going to lose sales big time.

Hahaha, just flicked through & heard Debbie Greenwood say "There's more flannel here than in a QVC presenter's mouth". I can't believe she said said that, you go girl & echo our thoughts on our behalf live on air lol! :giggle:

For me QVC is losing out to the likes of M&S, Amazon and Debenhams, all offering genuine reductions and free postage. Beauty products I can find on the websites of timetospa.com / Clarins / Clinique etc. and get some freebies thrown in.

The one product on Q that seemed different, before Xmas, was Joe and Stephs popcorn, but p&p was too high. So I checked out their own website and got a better deal and free postage. Job done! :grin:

I think that like many I use Q for research and if I see any item I like like the look of I will Google it and 9 times out of 10 will find it else where either cheaper or at the same price but with FREE p&p and returns if it doesn't suit.
But saying that I did get the money back on my 6 year old cooks essentials saucepans under the "life time guarantee" which I notice has been changed to "manufacturing defects" rather than the catch all "life time".
So I won't be buying my replacements from Q.

i have to say that the cooks essentials pans are excellent quality one of the better items under qvc's own brand banner. i would sick to them

Latest posts

Back