What's your least favourite qvc fashion range?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't like any of it with the exception of:

Tiana B - have 2 dresses which I like, but they were pricey once you add the P&P on.

Ronnie Nicole - like the look of some of her dresses but it sells out so quickly I've never actually managed to get my mitts on anything I wanted!

Other than the Tiana B dresses, I've never ordered any clothes from QVC with the notable exception of a Centigrade coat - it looked like a tramp & his dog had been sleeping in it and went straight back :angry:

I rarely watch the clothing shows, as I know most of it is not to my taste (being tactful here...:giggle:) & I can find much better/cheaper on the dreaded high street. I do like some of the footwear and bags/accessories & I'll watch the shows, but don't purchase much as can usually find the same things cheaper elsewhere.

IMO QVC needs a serious rethink as far as the 'fashion' is concerned, there are too many ranges which are pretty much the same (vile and overpriced!) fair play to those who like it but can the rest of us have some reasonably priced choices please???
The way that Ronnie Nicole and Tiana B sell out so fast should be telling them that there is a market for more 'fashion-forward' ranges....:wonder:

Whilst I firmly believe that people should wear what makes them happy, and the rest of us should keep schtoom about it, I am baffled by who wants to pay the kind of money asked for Michelle Hope garments.

Most ranges have a few basics in inoffensive shapes, cuts, colours and fabrics - I'll buy darkish coloured wide legged trousers from anybody - but everything I've ever seen onscreen from MH has made me wince. I've only seen a couple of MH "pieces" in real life and they were not attractive to me either.

Having said that, I have knitwear from Modern Soul that I'm thrilled with, and loose flowy yoga and evening trousers from Renee that I love, a wrap top from Kim & Co that I feel sexy in, and basic shell tops that I wear to death as under layers. Some of the stuff from Nina Leonard does not offend me either. I have very well made in decent quality fabric pair of tailored Nina Leonard Trousers that came with a red jacket. (That went on eBay.) I've got a pair of tailored black Mr Max trousers and a Mr Max Cream blouse that are still going strong, plus my fabled "looks like a brown dralon sofa but such a good fit" YBF trousers, and a YBF leopard print tunic and cami that comes out when I'm in the mood. (Which is surprisingly often!) My friend Ju tore hers and is inconsolable that we can't play outfit roulette any more - and as a larger lady than me she looked very good in it so I feel her pain. (Even though it was a pain wondering if we were going to turn up as the matchy matchy twins!) :eek:

The only thing I can think of is that people are attracted - magpie-like - to MH clothes by the bright colours.

Michelle Hope, without a doubt, I really dislike her whole range, it's so cheap looking to my eyes with Dreamkeeper a close second because of the whole shapelessness of the garments.
I have never made any secret of my addiction to Kim's black trousers, camisoles and wrap tops which suit me, my lifestyle and the weather here.I have two Quacker denim jackets and a couple of Indigo Moon ones which I love, though I heartily dislike almost everything else in their ranges, and three Ronni Nicole dresses which are fantastic.

So much depends on a person's shape, height and lifestyle that I am reluctant to criticise anyone's choices. What looks great on one can look like an old rag on another. What I do agree on is the fact that QVC fashion has lost it's way and so much is what I term 'old lady fashion'. I'm allowed to say that because I am an old lady myself but I wouldn't wear the vast majority of it.

i feel almost physically sick at the sight of Quacker, but guess the stains would not show on the overtrimmed over embellished tat. I used to like Centigrade but bought a coat that looked as if it had been made in the dark as a bad joke. It got terrible reviews but they still kept trying to flog it. My local market would have used it as a rag to wipe the rain off a stall. When you look at what supermarkets such as Asda and Sainsburys can achieve in the fashion stakes it makes me wonder why anyone would opt for QVC other than living far away from a city, having no internet or being housebound. I only watch the shows for a giggle.

That's another point Silver Fox. I guess you must be fairly tall and still needed to shorten the Kim trousers you bought. I am not tall and when I see long trousers and skirts nearly on the floor on the models I can only gawp because I would look like I was melting into a puddle if I tried them on.

Wish I could say my legs are up to my armpits!! I like about a 31 ins inside leg which is quite long.I think they do a shorter length in some styles? At least you can just cut the fabric as being knitted it doesn't fray & then hand stitch the hem.

Wish I could say my legs are up to my armpits!! I like about a 31 ins inside leg which is quite long.I think they do a shorter length in some styles? At least you can just cut the fabric as being knitted it doesn't fray & then hand stitch the hem.

That's weird because I'm only 5 feet tall and have short legs, yet Kim's trousers are just right on me,unless I am barefoot, and I don't buy the short length ...

Michelle Hope, without a doubt, I really dislike her whole range, it's so cheap looking to my eyes with Dreamkeeper a close second because of the whole shapelessness of the garments.
I have never made any secret of my addiction to Kim's black trousers, camisoles and wrap tops which suit me, my lifestyle and the weather here.I have two Quacker denim jackets and a couple of Indigo Moon ones which I love, though I heartily dislike almost everything else in their ranges, and three Ronni Nicole dresses which are fantastic.

So much depends on a person's shape, height and lifestyle that I am reluctant to criticise anyone's choices. What looks great on one can look like an old rag on another. What I do agree on is the fact that QVC fashion has lost it's way and so much is what I term 'old lady fashion'. I'm allowed to say that because I am an old lady myself but I wouldn't wear the vast majority of it.

My mum is nearly 70 and she calls QVC stuff old lady fashion as well :giggle:
She thinks a lot of the stuff they have on is hilarious, especially the Margo Leadbetter kaftans (think they may be the from the dreaded Michelle Hope :mysmilie_460:)

My mum is nearly 70 and she calls QVC stuff old lady fashion as well :giggle:
She thinks a lot of the stuff they have on is hilarious, especially the Margo Leadbetter kaftans (think they may be the from the dreaded Michelle Hope :mysmilie_460:)

Thank you. I am normal, then. :wink:

I buy quite a lot of stuff from La Redoute; their clothes are much cheaper than QVC and I love the designs. I've also bought stuff online from Joe Browns recently and been very pleased with it. Also a company called Boohoo who are so cheap, you have to wonder how even the Chinese can make a living at it - but I've got a lovely maxi-dress that's nicer than a similar one from Casual & Co, and about half the price.

That's weird because I'm only 5 feet tall and have short legs, yet Kim's trousers are just right on me,unless I am barefoot, and I don't buy the short length ...

I am about 5ft 6/7ins & my length is in my neck to waist rather than legs ( otherwise I know I would have been a 'Supermodel' HA HA!!!!)The trousers I received must have been at least 33ins inside leg!Do they give inside leg measurements?

I am about 5ft 6/7ins & my length is in my neck to waist rather than legs ( otherwise I know I would have been a 'Supermodel' HA HA!!!!)The trousers I received must have been at least 33ins inside leg!Do they give inside leg measurements?

The IL on mine is 31 - just measured it. I sometimes get them made by them, for no extra cost as I like a shorter rise to the waist and prefer the matt black material, not the shiny slinky.

Hi Artemis - are you saying you get Kim & co to make trousers to your spec? Now that would be astonishingly good service. I'm just over 5' and also don't do well with waistbands under my armpits! Qvc might do quite well with a petite range because I do think most of their clothes are intended for giants. I can't beat M&S for trousers generally. Something for everyone there and no alterations.

Hi Artemis - are you saying you get Kim & co to make trousers to your spec? Now that would be astonishingly good service. I'm just over 5' and also don't do well with waistbands under my armpits! Qvc might do quite well with a petite range because I do think most of their clothes are intended for giants. I can't beat M&S for trousers generally. Something for everyone there and no alterations.

Yes,they manufacture them, after all.They are lovely and helpful and friendly especially Bea who handles most enquiries.
There may well be similar items out there but if so, I've never found them. I have 4 cats and love that the trousers don't 'click' or pick up hairs and that they are so cool in the hot weather and don't crease or bag.
We have M&S here and their sizes are great for me but they don't look pristine at the end of the day like Kim's and their waistbands tend to bulkiness.

indigo moon
have tried a couple of tsv's in the past and didn't keep them.Never tune into this range,its all just jackets,jackets,jackets??? with the odd other item thrown in??wouldn't buy again

kim & co
bought a dress for my nan - in her late 80's - and its honestly the best thing I've ever seen my nan in :up: spurred on this,bought a couple of items for myself,wore them each once and sold them on ebay.Wouldn't buy again but am tempted by the black trousers for work

renee martin
never bought anything,nothing appeals - all looks very polyester,wouldn't try/buy

nina leonard
love lenny - very funny - hate his clothes.tried a dress and sent it backvery static,wouldn't try/buy again

george simoneton
love him,like the odd thing but never purchased

casual and co
have 1 kaftan,quite like it but its shrunk.bought a couple of sets years ago as a tsv,very unflattering.have the original suede boots and they're very nice - haven't worn for years but will get them out again.don't tend to watch the shows

dreamkeeper
overpriced and think it will make me look huge.never tried

style inc
had a OTO hoodie with t shirt and cami.cami pretty but seams twisted after 1 wash.hoodie very odd shaped and t shirt,basic - could be bought anywhere.wouldn't buy again

quacker
have 1 white shirt with fish printed all over it and 1 black waistcoat with christmas bits on.both fine for work(infant school teacher) wouldn't buy again

tiana b
loved the range intially,gone off a bit.not too bothered by the shows at the moment.lost its sparkle for me a bit.

michele hope
don't see the point of it really or how she keeps going.see the odd skirt that would be good/appropriate for work but price puts me off for something I'm not that in love with.

centigrade
had a couple of orginal coats - worn and were quite nice.bought a puple tsv last year - intially like and wore but quality has gone down hill.sold the orginal couple on ebay and the purple will probably go that too - not sure I'll purchase again

markon
horrible shoes

clarks
love the brand but better value direct from clarks or their shops

All in all,I don't buy any fashion from qvc now.I used to years ago - I used to think it was very different to the high street - but now,the high street is much better value and quality.i love M&S - and living in london some of the stock is fabulous - you can't compare the quality and prices to qvc.

I think the worst would be Carole Hochman or Nina Leonard. All I've got from the QVC 'fashion' range is a clearance price scarf from Dreamkeeper, fleeces from Trespass and a couple of understated (honestly!) tops from Quacker. There is usually at least one top or jacket in the other collections that I would think is ok even if I am not tempted to buy it but I've never seen anything in CH or NL that I like.

I went to Matalan today got some great work tops ranging from £5 to £8 will see me through the summer, complete bargain and nice styles too. They had some nice bedding too, could almost feel a "Craig and Northern Nights" moment coming on!!

I dont like
Kim & Co or should I say cling & Co, I have a skirt that just creats static everytime I wear it.

Dennis Bass: Need I say more

Centigrade: Awful quality

Quacker: Please, no.

I like

Ronni Nicole: I have some lovley pieces.

Nina Leonard:Bought a lovely dress from this range, I wear it again and again

Casual & Co: Good quality, nice summer tops.

Plus, Any fashion that has sailorman Glen flogging it.

Latest posts

Back