Lulu Guinness TSV 5/4/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What a frumpy bag the TSV is. The only extraordinary thing about it is the price.

I do like some of LG's designs but not this one, also the fact that it is a 'QVC exclusive' and therefore more likely to be poorer quality than her usual stuff would put me off even if I liked the design.

If you like LG I would highly recommend the sales on her website as there are fantastic reductions and the bags all come beautifully packaged .

I like my designer bags and admit have paid more than that in the past for a few BUT...this TSV does not look designer. It looks like it could be picked up from Furla or somewhere for half the price. Does nothing for me at all.
Now you've hit on one of my favourite handbag brands. Furla are, as you say, about the half the price of Lulu Guinness and are equally well made, less quirky and they last for years.

I do have a Lulu Guinness bag and to be fair its got to be a good ten years old and still looks good, but it isn't an every day bag. I've got two Furla bags that are much more every day work bags and both were about £100 from Bicester Village outlet. Their customer service is soooo good. I went to get a specific bag and they didn't have it, so I left the shop. Five minutes later I was coming out of another shop and the girlie was outside looking for me as she had just opened a delivery and there was the bag I wanted.

And as a handbag queen I'm actually reluctant to pay £300 for a bag because I know it will be one of many that I carry throughout the year and I could get three Furla bags for that ... lol.

My absolute favourite LG bags are the black patent and I could be tempted if the price was right. Or easy pays were there at the right time.

I have just bought 2 Tignanello bags and they are lovely.I think this range is good quality for the prices.
If you have read my earlier post sorry for the errors!!! can't spell today!!!

I love LG bags and think she is great! I think the tsv misses the mark though, Lovely bag, lovely shape, but I think the background colour behind the perforations should have been less conservative. A strong contrast would have been more exciting. To be fair it does fit with her life's a picnic theme. The name of the bag they have is really, really bad - should have been described as open daisy rather than perforated bag. It would be more appealing. The cream is lovely. My favourite bag of hers is the carmela and I really, really want it but it would have to be on four z pays.

I love LG bags and think she is great! I think the tsv misses the mark though, Lovely bag, lovely shape, but I think the background colour behind the perforations should have been less conservative. A strong contrast would have been more exciting. To be fair it does fit with her life's a picnic theme. The name of the bag they have is really, really bad - should have been described as open daisy rather than perforated bag. It would be more appealing. The cream is lovely. My favourite bag of hers is the carmela and I really, really want it but it would have to be on four z pays.

I agree, I love her bags, only have one (did have two but lock broke on the second one so it went back), I'm disappointed in this one, I think a lot of the TSV's miss the mark and the whole made for QVC is utter rubbish! Its def just a cheaper range I think (although not cheaper in price). The contrasting colours would have been much better, like a hot pink behind the black and a bright green/yellow maybe with the stone! Anything to bring it to life a bit more! My money is well and truely safe which is lucky as the vet needs paid today!

I have said earlier that I would never pay these prices for a LG bag.BUT I have seen some of the patent leather which would have really tempted me.I have realised that it is my lifestyle that has changed & I don't need to invest to this extent anymore.
p.s she doesn't know her dogs either! I have seen in the past she has a Westie ( West Highland White Terrier) & she has just mentioned a Yorkie, then Westie! Sorry Lulu very different breeds!

I think the prices have escalated even more. I do like Lulu bags but as someone said above, £135 for a nylon tote bag is daylight robbery. Lulu herself said it's made from the same fabric as a puffer jacket. I just don't get why the price is so high.

Is Catherine H's dress the Kate Middleton engagement dress?

I had hoped to buy a LG tote bag today but have not liked what I've seen. I have bought this instead, I know it is fabric but I loved it as soon as I saw it!

Hope this link works. If it doesn't, it is the Jaegar Florin Tote.

http://www.jaeger.co.uk/index.cfm?p...0A-08500-ITM&refpage=1416&searchTerm=tote bag

I had hoped to buy a LG tote bag today but have not liked what I've seen. I have bought this instead, I know it is fabric but I loved it as soon as I saw it!

Hope this link works. If it doesn't, it is the Jaegar Florin Tote.

That looks lovely, and a perfect colour for spring. It will go with anything.

I own a deep red patent leather Jaegar bag which I got from Boundary Mill in Colne, North Lancashire. I paid about £80 (about a third of the proper price) for it but it's had lots of outings and is better quality than my Lulu G bag (straw), even though they cost about the same. The Lulu one was from her website sale.

I got my long awaited first LG a few weeks ago. This was a present for our silver wedding anniversary. I am really happy with it. This current TSV does not appeal to me as I only like the patent ones. Speaking of LG TSVs, the previous one got very mixed reviews on QVC and I was amazed to see one on there saying that the first one she received had problems with the zip. The replacement was obviously a return, not repackaged well, with dead spiders and scratches!!! How on earth did that review slip through the net, with QVC always denying that used items are sent out? Naughty Naughty!!

Well, the Sausage Dog bag is limited stock - £195!!!

I think the bags in general are lovely, can't say the same for the prices though - designer or not! :wonder:

LG is really on another planet. Today she said a £230 bag would be ideal for carrying trainers to the gym...errr..'EARTH TO LULU!' 'EARTH TO LULU!'

And at the same time - if she can afford to do this then really AND for puffa jacket material - then I want a bit of what she's having....

I think the definition of "LG" stands for:-

L = Loopy = Buyer
G = Glee = Rubbing Hands

Really don't want to offend any fans here but the prices are ridiculous especially when LG herself doesn't always seem 'up to speed' with her products!

Latest posts

Back