Mally Beauty TSV 24/2/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re farting - I am sorry, but I do not think this is fair....if we had endless pots of money we could discuss the products and not worry. But reality is we cannot buy everything. Good gracious ( I want to be more coloquial but feel I cannot), how free is this forum if we cannot have free speech. I am absolutley gobsmacked, shocked and stunned - this would never happen in QVC US as I am sure they have the ability to speak as they wish. This is not a forum about products, but how we feel about the products, the sellers and the situation. Acronyms are a tool for communication and have been used in business for generations. They are not childish. But everyone has a view and they are entitled. Sad that it isn't universal.

I'm a bit puzzled here. If someone starts another F.A.R.T. thread as Katy did earlier, will that be closed too?
I find the word "TWAT" nasty and offensive, yet I have seen it used several times in posts. I don't like to see it, but I defend the poster's right to use it if that is how they choose to express themselves.

Oh dear. Just in from work and I don't know whether to pass go, collect £200 or go straight to the naughty step.

Think I will eat and stay up for the TSV. Seems to be the most neutral option!

Huge hugs to all.

Re farting - I am sorry, but I do not think this is fair....if we had endless pots of money we could discuss the products and not worry. But reality is we cannot buy everything. Good gracious ( I want to be more coloquial but feel I cannot), how free is this forum if we cannot have free speech. I am absolutley gobsmacked, shocked and stunned - this would never happen in QVC US as I am sure they have the ability to speak as they wish. This is not a forum about products, but how we feel about the products, the sellers and the situation. Acronyms are a tool for communication and have been used in business for generations. They are not childish. But everyone has a view and they are entitled. Sad that it isn't universal.

Just to be clear, ST.com is an independent forum it is not run by QVC UK so to say it wouldn't happen on QVC US is not relevant

I'm a bit puzzled here. If someone starts another F.A.R.T. thread as Katy did earlier, will that be closed too?
I find the word "TWAT" nasty and offensive, yet I have seen it used several times in posts. I don't like to see it, but I defend the poster's right to use it if that is how they choose to express themselves.

Yes it will be closed as we do not need endless numbers of "farting" threads for different TSVs.

If you find something offensive in a thread you are free to contact Admin or the Mods or even hit the report button and we get alerted of the report.

Oh dear. Just in from work and I don't know whether to pass go, collect £200 or go straight to the naughty step.

Think I will eat and stay up for the TSV. Seems to be the most neutral option!

Huge hugs to all.

Big hugs right back at ya honeybun. Wanna cookie? They're chocolate chip. :D

Bless you honey. I used to hate that you hated it. :eek: It made me feel awful but although I may have started the thread that spawned F.A.R.T.S. some things have a life of their own...

If people didn't need or want it it would have died a quiet death. I'm a F.A.R.T and I'm proud. The name may be a little unfortunate but the support F.A.R.T.S on here have for each other is something beautiful.

You are absolutely right, L'Akin. In acknowledgement, I am disbanding the ANTI camp with immediate effect. :mysmilie_17:

It's all a bit Monty Python isn't it. I have the insane urge to keep repeating rude words to see how many people object......

You are absolutely right, L'Akin. In acknowledgement, I am disbanding the ANTI camp with immediate effect. :mysmilie_17:

Welcome to the dark side WS. You always wanted to join us. Them that shall not be named. :mysmilie_701:

It's all a bit Monty Python isn't it. I have the insane urge to keep repeating rude words to see how many people object......

That only worked when Mary Whitehouse was alive. God I miss that woman, she was a rocket powered publicity machine for the things she was "protecting" us from.

Welcome to the dark side WS. You always wanted to join us. Them that shall not be named. :mysmilie_701:

I thought you went to be my lovely? Don't tell me that you're up waiting for the Mally TSV as well? :mysmilie_17:

That only worked when Mary Whitehouse was alive. God I miss that woman, she was a rocket powered publicity machine for the things she was "protecting" us from.

I fear the ghost of Mary is hovering over us as we speak, Vampy.....

Better that than feeling like this: :mysmilie_11: Besides, Tourettes is a disability so we'd all just be very kind to you! :D

Me too honey. If you didn't get Mary Whitehouse's attention then you'd just have to try a bit harder! The effort was worth it for the column inches you'd get

I always wanted to make her tea, feed her scones and give her a big hug. Bless her little cotton socks. :)

Better that than feeling like this: :mysmilie_11: Besides, Tourettes is a disability so we'd all just be very kind to you! :D

I didn't know that, I honestly thought it was a condition rather than a disability. This has prompted a memory that requires a thread in the drop :mysmilie_82:

Big hugs right back at ya honeybun. Wanna cookie? They're chocolate chip.

Yes please LA - lots please. Looks like a long night ahead.

Will someone PLEASE tell me what F.A.R.T.ing stands for? I have understood from context that it means resisting buying, I just want to know what the letters stand for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back