Mally TSV 21/2/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

1. Re LIZ Earle. I have no issue with her realising a good profit for the company she built from scratch through very hard work. It's debatable how much further she could have taken it as it was anyway and that's business. My only disappointment was the products not being covered by the leaping bunny but if they still retain it then I'm happy and would continue using them.

2. Re Mally and all other cosmetics guests - I'm always disappointed with their attempts to.make up a model who either already is caked in it or is so young with a lovely skin and wide eyes and so doesn't need much to look stunning. Neither is very useful to me - age 60, debating whether Im too old to wear make up and wanting an honest demo to help me decide.

Bought it this afternoon.
I can use everything except that vile pink lipstick.
May be able to combine it with a weird flesh gold pencil by Laura Geller that is equally vile (its like that 24ct gold lipstick). Lol. The deep cool pink and the lighter gold may combine beautifully to make a softer warmer pink.

I loved this foundation (in fair) when it was last in a kit, but refused to buy it full price, which was something like £37 - absurd.

Actually, i had a clearout of failed foundations last week. Horrifying what a waste of money it has been, over the years.
Am left with 4 brands/shades that actually work, in different textures/shades across the year. This Mally powder in Fair is one of them.
Quite awesome.
And it has only taken 30 years. :mysmilie_8:

Well, i take back the comments about the vile pink lipstick!

It arrived, i tried it, and decided it is one of the most flattering pinks i have ever used. Must be my colouring or something, because i thought it looked pretty bad on the TV.

I will be scooping them up on eBay!

Poss the best kit Mally has done. Absolutely delighted.

I was really surprised at the lipstick too, Crinkly.
On TV & more so when I opened it, I thought Yuk, vile plum. But was amazed that on its a really wearable pink.
It's the foundation I'm not sure about, keep trying it but it's still looking a bit dark & yellow for Fair. Is it worth the wasted postage of sending it back though or should I keep it & hope it works better in summer, not decided yet.

Me too with the lipstick. Not garish at all on me, on tv I thought it was a ridiculous choice for a 'no makeup' look but in reality it was perfect.

I think the presentation on the models ws awful. I would never imagine a 'no makeup' look looking so thickly madeup. The models looked awful especially Tiffany unfortunately.

Sent mine back today the foundation is just too yellow I did like the primer and taupe shadow stick but didn't like the mascara lip crayon or brush

I got this TSV and I wore it for work Wed, Thurs & Fri this week. I like it the kit in general, although the brush is rubbish, it loses bristles all the time from it. The foundation is quite light weight, but I haven't tried it with the sponge applicator yet. I like the lip product but it's quite dark and as I have quite light coloured skin I look a bit ill when I wear it. The eye shadow stick is much better than ones I've used in the past by Mally, but the mascara and primer is amazing. I love them.

Oh come onnnnnn, you start a business to make money, you make a good business, you sell it on to make lots more money. It's not betrayal, this has happened since the dawn of time, it's a capitalist society that we all buy into. Nobody creates a business out of the goodness of their own heart, they create it to make money.

You miss the point. Nobody is saying she shouldn't have sold the company, but when her success - and her personal wealth - was largely due to customers who believed that animals shouldn't suffer for the sake of cosmetics and who supported her business because of that, to sell to a company that tortures animals on a daily basis was a complete betrayal of those customers.

Latest posts

Back