Mally TSV 27/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ali Young looks like she's been Mallyed - hair and makeup look really nice (and no shimmerbrick). She's not launching with Mally, though - that's going to be Ali Keenan.

In general, when Mally is over and her team do AY's make-up, it's always better than what AY does for herself. Looks fresher and younger - but I bet it takes a fair amount of makeup...

Loads of new Mally on the website now. I ordered the TSV and the new summer collection. Also stocked up on 3 of my beloved Taupe eyeshadow sticks which are in stock. Panic buying I know but when a brand works for me and when I have used it daily for the past 3 years I want to stock up. Wish I had a crystal ball and knew what would happen to the UK element of her business. But if the company sells and the formulas change I know I wouldn't want it any more.

And no easy pays, unless it changes at midnight.

I'm definitely getting it, but until I see the foundations lined up on the back of someone's hand, I won't decide on the shade.

I have always found Mally's powder foundations rather dark, and her liquids rather pale. But this one is new...

I agree with you crinkly......it's on to buy now by the way. I've spent ages today googling swatches to see whether I should go for fair or light and I'm still none the wiser. From what I can gather this particular foundation runs darker than normal so maybe we should go with fair? The last powder foundation of Mally's was light and a bit too dark for me but the fluid foundation in light is fine. We could get one of each and send one back I suppose but I can't be bothered with all that. What I did notice was that people were saying the fair one was very yellow based but the light could be be the same. I can't seem to find much info online about it. Let me know which one you're going to go for :) Also, I'm going to order the one you recommended off eBay, thanks for that. Maybe the refills will fit into this compact?

Loads of new Mally on the website now. I ordered the TSV and the new summer collection. Also stocked up on 3 of my beloved Taupe eyeshadow sticks which are in stock. Panic buying I know but when a brand works for me and when I have used it daily for the past 3 years I want to stock up. Wish I had a crystal ball and knew what would happen to the UK element of her business. But if the company sells and the formulas change I know I wouldn't want it any more.

And no easy pays, unless it changes at midnight.

What shade did you go for weathergirl?

I agree with you crinkly......it's on to buy now by the way. I've spent ages today googling swatches to see whether I should go for fair or light and I'm still none the wiser. From what I can gather this particular foundation runs darker than normal so maybe we should go with fair? The last powder foundation of Mally's was light and a bit too dark for me but the fluid foundation in light is fine. We could get one of each and send one back I suppose but I can't be bothered with all that. What I did notice was that people were saying the fair one was very yellow based but the light could be be the same. I can't seem to find much info online about it. Let me know which one you're going to go for :) Also, I'm going to order the one you recommended off eBay, thanks for that. Maybe the refills will fit into this compact?

I was in exactly the same predicament,I also read a review which showed with pictures how the Fair 'for the Nicole Kidmans' is very yellow, and the reviewer said there is no way she would go outdoors wearing it

So, paying a non-refundable P&P to take this gamble, I finally decided... No. I'm not REALLY that desperate for new cosmetics, even if it might have been a purchase out of sympathy for Mally!

No doubt lots of bits and bobs of this TSV will appear on Ebay, I suspect the main items will be the concealers/foundations, when the TSV buyer has realised their true shade in person is 'off'

Panic buying is good. I was a repeat buyer from ELF cosmetics, especially at the 50% off events.. I gained a lot of stock in my drawer. then, BAM! ELF UK no more! I thought Phew.

Panic buying is good. I was a repeat buyer from ELF cosmetics, especially at the 50% off events.. I gained a lot of stock in my drawer. then, BAM! ELF UK no more! I thought Phew.

According to the website they are "overhauling" the UK website, have they been doing that long?

What shade did you go for weathergirl?

Went for Light. I usually go for this though sometimes it's on the pale side in certain formulas. Medium is always too dark though so I am hoping this one is like the Ultimate Performance liquid foundation which is just right on me.

There is a 5* review already saying I am really looking forward to trying this, how did that get through????

If it is running dark and yellow, then I will definitely be getting fair.
I have masses of foundation that's too dark for me, and I often end up dusting with an Illamasqua uber pale powder just to balance.

The compact looks EXACTLY the same (including pad with ribbon handle) as those ones off eBay., so I'm guessing the refils from there might just snap in - but I may be wrong.

Sorry, gotta place my order and dash to work, or I'm sure I could keep wibbling! ;)

Many US based brands only seem to do yellow based foundations, Bobbi Brown started it way back in the early 90s saying everyone needs yellow.

Strangely Elizabeth Arden is one of the very very few which does some pink based.

Gosh there is absolutely no way that the lightest shade is for "the fairest of the fair" as Mally likes to say. I'd look like an oompah loompah in it! Mally doesn't cater for cool/pink undertones no matter what she says.

Many US based brands only seem to do yellow based foundations, Bobbi Brown started it way back in the early 90s saying everyone needs yellow.

Strangely Elizabeth Arden is one of the very very few which does some pink based.

I'll have to check out Elizabeth Arden. These beauty companies can bang on about yellow based concealers and foundations being the best colour correctors all they want, but it just looks like I've put yellow face paint on my face!

Tarte do a pink based foundation. I'm not sure if they are available in the UK/on QVC, but I know they do it as I saw it in Ulta when I was over there in March.

I can recommend (assuming you don't mind buying from the company) the Avon* foundations in the "Shell" shade are perfect for me. It's not the pinkest but is a perfect neutral-pink shade. It might not be pale enough for you Ellaaa, I'd say it's on a par with the Doll10 fair shade. The Josie Maran foundation http://www.qvcuk.com/Josie-Maran-Ar...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-21-_-205376 in Fair-Light is perfect on me in the Winter but the next shade up isn't quite right on my skin when I have a fake tan.

* if you register with avonshop.co.uk they regularly send out postage codes, particularly towards the end of the current brochure. They have a 28 day MBG, and I 'd recommend sending returns by Royal Mail "Signed for" because their refund process is a bit haphazard! You also get 10% cashback through Quidco

Tarte do a pink based foundation. I'm not sure if they are available in the UK/on QVC, but I know they do it as I saw it in Ulta when I was over there in March.

The QVC buyers have tunnel vision when it comes to foundations and they've never sold any of the pink toned Tarte foundations, come to think of it I don't think they've ever sold a pink base from any brand (as far as I'm aware). It was years before they acknowledged the Fairly Light wasn't the palest Bare Minerals powder!

For me personally you can't beat walking into a local store and trying before you buy. I would never buy any of the brands sold on QVC as to me a lot of them look cheap and are not any better than off the shelf. This is only my opinion of course and I know a lot of forumites will not agree but it is what I think.

Latest posts

Back