Mally TSV 27/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree with you Bettyboo, in the past I have spent some silly money on some of the qvc beauty products... but have always gone back to Boots no7. I use very little make-up and find no7 suit me best...
I am very low maintenance..:mysmilie_59:

I got totally lost last night when they said that Ali K and Mally were wearing the same colour - I would have thought that these skin tones were miles apart but then I am usless at getting my own correct so what would I know about it!

Could only stand about 20 minutes of the show because if Mally had clapped one more time I would have thrown her a fish.

For me personally you can't beat walking into a local store and trying before you buy. I would never buy any of the brands sold on QVC as to me a lot of them look cheap and are not any better than off the shelf. This is only my opinion of course and I know a lot of forumites will not agree but it is what I think.

No problem with anyone saying what they think Bettyboo, but here is what I think. Brands can "look" ok on air and when you get them home are very cheap and tacky "in the flesh"- in my opinion YBF falls into this category. Then some people think Mally make up "looks" cheap on air, although they have never bought it or even tried it. In my opinion, having tried it I can say the quality is very good (with the exception of some of the cardboard packaging used in some previous TSV's to keep costs down) the metal and heavy plastic packaging is very sturdy and durable and better than many high street and high end brands. What is inside the packaging (whether cardboard or metal) is of very good quality-whether I have returned the product for other reasons the quality was always good. I chose to keep the products that worked well for me and gave me the finish I was after. I now have a fair few items and every last drop of it all will get used. I only ever sell on any elements in a set where the colour is not for me such as eyeliner- I always sell the black ones.
I also think the quality of Tarte is very high. Of the items I have tried (eyeshadow, lip chubby stick, blusher) I returned the eyeshadow because they were barely detectable and were the same shade as some of my Mally. I kept the lipstick- very good quality. I returned the blusher because although the quality was good the colour made my face look dirty ("exposed") and the finish left my skin looking flat. Great quality though. Also, having tried the range I hate the packaging. It looks very cheap and market stall to me because they insist on using "gold" metal trim on the compacts. To me fake gold make up packaging always looks cheap. Very overpriced range considering my experience of it, having tried the range. Not tried the foundations as they look far too heavy and "caked" on air and I prefer a much lighter, more dewy look.

I have also tried Doll10- and the concealer, in both the packaging and the quality and finish of the product inside is excellent. Love the foundation and the BB drops, and the brushes I have tried. The lipsticks are very good quality and finish but the packaging is very cheap and tacky, worse than you get on the high street cheapest brands. I also think the lipsticks smell like they are going off after only a few months from purchase. I don't like Doll10 lipgloss as the texture and finish is way too gloopy.

Not tried any of Joan Collins range as I don't like the glitzy gold packaging, and although I understand from others that the quality of the lipsticks is very good, none of the colour choices available are very "me". I prefer a modern, young, fresh gloss like Mally liquid lipsticks. I find they look more youthful on me than heavy lipsticks do, although the Mally lipsticks I have look dewy and fresh so I wear those sometimes.

Tried Laura Geller-keep falling for it but always regret it. B&B too dry and powdery flat, eyeshadows too sparkly, mascara not a patch on Mally. Primer not a patch on Mally. The only products I really like from Laura Geller are the blushers.

Have I missed any Q make up brands? I would be keen to read any views from people who have tried the various brands on offer at QVC.

I have nothing against the High street or even very expensive high end brands. I have tried quite a bit of it over the years, from Chanel and Guerlain and Christian Dior to Nars, Laura Mercier and Tesco own brand, Bourgeois and Maybelline. However I hardly ever get the chance to go shopping on my own so that I can look! I work full time and spend all my weekends with my young children. It's not fair to drag them round the shops looking at make up. I also don't like being approached by sales assistants. QVC is my guilty pleasure when it comes to beauty and the 30 day MBG is a real bonus when buying beauty. I personally think the value for money with Mally (Tarte, Laura Geller, Doll 10) especially with TSV's and other sets-provided you will use them- is excellent.

I will miss Mally make up if it disappears from our screens. I hope she brings her brand to the UK through a UK website, but I really hope the formulations stay the same if someone buys the company.

Sorry for the essay!

Weather girl I read your post with interest and I agree with you on the YBF products. One of my Daughters bought a large set of her stuff some years ago it was in a Faux Pigskin case. The whole thing was rubbish including the case. Needless to say she had it collected by the courier and recieved a full refund.

YBF and when it was Models Prefer packaging was just so awful, looked sideways at it fell apart.

I have never tried Mally, but I have to say I really dislike every colour lipstick/gloss she has in every TSV!!

YBF and when it was Models Prefer packaging was just so awful, looked sideways at it fell apart.

I have never tried Mally, but I have to say I really dislike every colour lipstick/gloss she has in every TSV!!

I understand why Donna! They don't look the same "on" though. The ones I like best are Raspberry and Blossom.

Psvp?

Okay so I'm not too proud to ask what PSVP stands for (Mally's necklace last night)? I found a few obscure suggestions online, the most likely being "Platinum Senior Vice President" (Americans love their superlatives when it comes to job titles).

Anyone think for something better (or funnier) for Mally? How about "Primer sometimes Very Pricey"? Come on, you can do better than that! or "Please Subdue Volume People!"

Over to you....

Okay so I'm not too proud to ask what PSVP stands for (Mally's necklace last night)? I found a few obscure suggestions online, the most likely being "Platinum Senior Vice President" (Americans love their superlatives when it comes to job titles).

Anyone think for something better (or funnier) for Mally? How about "Primer sometimes Very Pricey"? Come on, you can do better than that! or "Please Subdue Volume People!"

Over to you....

Its her husband and childrens initials, her hubby had it made for her.

I've been wondering this and looking it up. Finding Pleasant Valley state Prison, some stocks and shares lingo. I was wondering if it must be new facebook speak.

I was making up my own too.

'Pretty sil vous plait' was the best one I came up with.

A bit of Fr'Anglais.

For me personally you can't beat walking into a local store and trying before you buy. I would never buy any of the brands sold on QVC as to me a lot of them look cheap and are not any better than off the shelf. This is only my opinion of course and I know a lot of forumites will not agree but it is what I think.

For foundation in particular, I would tend to agree with you. I did take a chance on Laura Geller Balance & Brighten, and have been happy with it (prefer the match and texture to my Bare Minerals), but that's the only one I've tried. My caution was vindicated when I got matched for BM and my shade doesn't sell well enough for QVC to stock it.

I'm watching on my laptop and their faces all look a bit flat; have they borrowed Liz Earle and Tova's honey-lighting?

Changing the subject a bit I do think Ali Y looks really good this evening, best I have seen her look for a long time, mind u I have not been watching a great deal lately. I think Tiffany looked better in the "before" photo !!

I watched the video and really liked the dewiness of the foundation and the flat brush

Latest posts

Back