Michael Perry's Garden TSV 6/2/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see Richard Jackson's "Premium High Energy" bird seed is getting pretty bad reviews also his hanging suet tubs. I think the Nut Pecker Peanut Butter jars are quite expensive as the Flutter Butter ones I buy are a lot cheaper and in different flavours and the birdies just love them.

Plants I have had from Q have been quite rubbish. Last year I ordered some new fancy Antirrhinums but they were practically dead poor things, they sent me some more, but they were no better and a tray of Begonias were all out of their soil and broken. Never again.

You do have to be a bit picky with QVC plants. De Jager are really good and Plants2Gardens. T&M and Hayloft are a bit hit and miss. RJ's yellow primulas that I bought were lovely and are coming up again this year. You can get far cheaper at the garden centre or B&Q though and most are just as good or better.

CC

They are Boffy but I bought an acer from them for around that price and it's just beautiful. It was over a metre high when it arrived, hence the price.

CC

Attachments

• IMG_0020 (2).JPG
    IMG_0020 (2).JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 88
They were in our house a few months ago (in the walls, not running around the livingroom). We got rid of them thanks to poison and our neighbour's terrier but they've been back in the loft. They are never far away and a field backs on to my garden and there's a farm 100 yards away so there's probably hundreds. Don't want to think about it too much but I can no longer feed them.

CC
How awful

To be honest Suki rats will keep away from you but it's shivveringly horrible to hear them scrabbling about in your walls. I live in the country though, so it's to be expected they will come round to find food. I often had mice in the house when I lived in town but I had a cat then who soon despatched them. My dog is not so brave!

CC

Was the CEO that bloke with the suit and dodgy haircut that was holding a notice then went to stand in the corner in the QVC advert? Can you imagine him in hot pants :oops::oops:

I've tons of seeds and I grew a lot myself last year. T&M sent me some appallingly bad plants but they replaced them. Garden Bargains were really good if you sent them a photo of the car crash plants that were delivered and replaced them straight away. I no longer buy plug plants from anywhere as they die but I have bought a few things from Plants2Gardens and although they cost more they are proper garden ready plants and they do grow.

CC
The bigger the plant the better tbh buying In the high street garden centres like B&Q and Homebase you get some real bragains. I watch QVC and see a plant I like then go to the high street garden centres and get the same plant for 1/4 of the QVC pice plus no hefty postage!

The bigger the plant the better tbh buying In the high street garden centres like B&Q and Homebase you get some real bragains. I watch QVC and see a plant I like then go to the high street garden centres and get the same plant for 1/4 of the QVC pice plus no hefty postage!
I have not been that impressed with B&Q plants , don't use Homebase. Locally I have had better results with Longacres that took over my previous Wyevale garden centre nearly 2 years ago.

Attachments

• Broom TSV 1.jpg
    Broom TSV 1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Broom TSV 2.jpg
    Broom TSV 2.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Broom TSV 3.jpg
    Broom TSV 3.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Broom TSV 4.jpg
    Broom TSV 4.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Broom TSV 5.jpg
    Broom TSV 5.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Was the CEO that bloke with the suit and dodgy haircut that was holding a notice then went to stand in the corner in the QVC advert? Can you imagine him in hot pants :oops::oops:

I've tons of seeds and I grew a lot myself last year. T&M sent me some appallingly bad plants but they replaced them. Garden Bargains were really good if you sent them a photo of the car crash plants that were delivered and replaced them straight away. I no longer buy plug plants from anywhere as they die but I have bought a few things from Plants2Gardens and although they cost more they are proper garden ready plants and they do grow.

CC
never lost a plants2garden plant very good but a tad overpriced compared to the high street

I grow weeds, much to the dismay of my neighbours, and my garden is full of wildlife...in the warm weather I see lizards, slow worms and snakes, I have hedgehogs and shrews, all summer there's all sorts of butterflies and bees.
I have bats living in the loft and every year a nest of hornets is built up there as well.
My neighbours garden is pretty but it is sterile of wildlife, he does hoover his plastic lawn on a regular basis though!

Oh my word bats. Last year we were in the garden, it was lovely and warm, and I said to the husband, just as it was going dark, I said look the birds are up late, he said they’re bats. Just as the word “bats” came out his mouth, one of the little buggers flew right at me, I screamed that loud, Chiswick must’ve thought I’d found a bargain. 😜

Hmm, bats. Some years ago I was on a holiday in Egypt and we went to these ruins and caves. The first thing the guide said was don't take flash photos in the caves. Soooooo, one lady decided to go into a cave and click, flash, screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam. Covered in bats. Ha ha ha ha. Sorry, it was hysterical and so was she :LOL::LOL::LOL:🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

CC

Grumpy Gardener Multi-Functional 3 in 1 Garden Tool
Item Number: 519968
QVC Price £30.00
Todays Special Value Price £23.98
P&P £3.95

This telescopic Multi-Headed Rake Broom from Grumpy Gardner is a multi-tasking garden maintenance tool that sweeps up debris from any outdoor surface, wet or dry, either as a rake to remove leaves from the lawn, or as a broom to sweep up grass, gravel and other debris from your patio. Accompanied by a weeding knife head and a large patio scrubber head, this innovative tool will ensure you have everything you need to keep your garden looking perfectly preened all year round.

Ahead of the curve - featuring innovative curved plastic bristles that are always in contact with the ground, the Rake Broom allows you to pull leaves, grass, pebbles and other debris towards you, rather than away from you, so you can tidy up easily and effectively.

Head honcho - this tool enables you to masterfully manage garden maintenance with three interchangeable heads. The rake broom head allows you to sweep and rake on all surfaces, while the weeding knife head is ideal for weeding beds, borders or patios and features a notched blade, ideal for cutting roots and splitting. Finally, the large wire brush patio scrubber can be used for cleaning hard surfaces like the patio and driveway, plus, it's ideal for removing moss and debris.

Far reaching - featuring a telescopic handle, the Rake Broom can be extended to a comfortable working height while you're using it, plus, it will allow you to easily reach those hard-to-get-to nooks in your outdoor spaces where leaves and other debris love to gather.

What's in the box?

• 1 x Multi-Head Rake Broom (l x w x d) when extended: 1.6m x 35cm x 10cm (5ft 2" x 13.8" x 3.9"). Length when not extended: 1m (3ft 3")
  • 1 x weeding knife head
  • 1 x large wire brush patio scrubber

All measurements are approximate

Watching Richard Jackson's garden and am pretty stunned by the prices. £23 (incl P&P) for 24 Garden ready petunias. Well our Morrys had them last year for £2 for 6. So £8 for the same thing as £23 from QVC. Then. those splash geraniums 6 tiny little efforts for £19 (incl P&P), Lidl did them last year, proper size with buds (I bought 4 all different multi coloured) at £1.50 each. So 6 would have been £9 instead of £19. Where on earth do Q get their prices?

I may like some of the plants they have, but can't bring myself to pay their prices. It's cheaper even to go to the garden centre and get them. (hoping the garden centres are open again in May).

I just flicked on and lo and behold we have RJ going on about Flower Power again again again,so straight off.I bought plants last year on the Internet because of lockdown & they were all fine but never even look at QVC.This year will be back with local Garden Centres.

Latest posts

Back