Michael Perry's Garden TSV 6/2/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rabbits will eat their offspring, as will hamsters and there are many fish, reptiles birds and insects that are cannibals.

Chimpanzees are cannibals, they will eat infants of their own species and adults from other monkey species, usually red colobus monkeys.

Genetically humans and chimps share 98.8 of their DNA.
Buns & hamsters only eat the babies when baby is deformed/weak/sick. It's Darwin theiry in practice. I've not bred Chimps so have no direct experience - you are probably right though -Darwin theory again - in that the weak/sick/deformed are removed.
Rats eat their own weather sick or not. They also eat live chickens & chew their tail feathers.
Buns & hammies don't live in sewers & eat human ****.

Anyone seen the front page of The Observer this W.end? Still love rats?
Shall I post a link, dears?

Buns & hamsters only eat the babies when baby is deformed/weak/sick. It's Darwin theiry in practice. I've not bred Chimps so have no direct experience - you are probably right though -Darwin theory again - in that the weak/sick/deformed are removed.
Rats eat their own weather sick or not. They also eat live chickens & chew their tail feathers.
Buns & hammies don't live in sewers & eat human ****.

Anyone seen the front page of The Observer this W.end? Still love rats?
Shall I post a link, dears?
Yes please I'd love the link!

My former neighbours once told me I had a problem with rats, after pest control investigated it turned out that the people next door were putting scraps for the birds on their patio and the rats were using my garden as a short cut to get the free food.

I had a wonderful Parsons JRT then and any rat on her territory had a very short life expectancy.

Yes please I'd love the link!

My former neighbours once told me I had a problem with rats, after pest control investigated it turned out that the people next door were putting scraps for the birds on their patio and the rats were using my garden as a short cut to get the free food.

I had a wonderful Parsons JRT then and any rat on her territory had a very short life expectancy.
They are fabulous ratters.....Obie picks up dead rats.....yuk. I have to wash his chops afterwards.....

Stop Press: Our cat's just bought in a field mouse, my Mr T's trying to catch it with a sieve & a piece of chocolate, the cat's sitting on the landing with napkin around his neck & cutlery at the ready & I can't stop laughing 🐭🍫🐱🍴🤣

Oh no! Please don't have nightmares.

I was deeply amused at the rat that fell through the and on to a customer, I have to admit I have a few customers I'd love that to happen to and I'd feel sorry for the rat.
Oh no! Please don't have nightmares.

I was deeply amused at the rat that fell through the and on to a customer, I have to admit I have a few customers I'd love that to happen to and I'd feel sorry for the rat.
I actually had one in the wee hours after thinking about the article....yes - can you imagine a rat falling on someone's head? They are not light. If that happened to me I'd probably do a poo.

We have rats in our garden, we see them at night through the camera’s we have set up to watch the hedgehogs and Foxes, I don’t actually like looking at them😟
You have to get this sorted, Lynn. They will get worse & become a colony. Females are mature at 8-12 weeks & get busy shagging having litters of 6-7. They then start again with very little space between. Call out a man, or get cats (not easy in lock down) - there will be a breed spurt in March My friend had a farming type sort hers, in her walls. It was around 100.00 & a very good service. That's dead cheap iyam, & especially for posh Cotswolds.
The more 'things' you have in the garden the more they come. They love bits & bobs to hide in. There urine is dangerous (lepto) to humans & doggies.

We have a squirrel in our garden and I’ve become a bit obsessed with not leaving the windows open incase it comes in and wrecks the place in panic.

Obviously will never harm it but would like to know how to “persuade “ it to go somewhere else.

You have to get this sorted, Lynn. They will get worse & become a colony. Females are mature at 8-12 weeks & get busy shagging having litters of 6-7. They then start again with very little space between. Call out a man, or get cats (not easy in lock down) - there will be a breed spurt in March My friend had a farming type sort hers, in her walls. It was around 100.00 & a very good service. That's dead cheap iyam, & especially for posh Cotswolds.
The more 'things' you have in the garden the more they come. They love bits & bobs to hide in. There urine is dangerous (lepto) to humans & doggies.
We will never be rid of them because we live next to open fields, the farmer does shoot them.

We have a squirrel in our garden and I’ve become a bit obsessed with not leaving the windows open incase it comes in and wrecks the place in panic.

Obviously will never harm it but would like to know how to “persuade “ it to go somewhere else.
Buy some Squirrel Proof Bird food they hate the taste of the Chillli and it will deter them.

I love the squirrels coming in the garden. I feed them monkey nuts. There were 2 playing on our fence this morning, even though the fence has snow on it, they were running up and down it and enjoying themselves. I love watching them play. 2 of our cats were watching them, but kept well away.

Teddy (one of our cats) a few years back chased a squirrel down the fence and half way up a tree until the squirrel stopped and turned and just stared at him. That put him off totally. Squirrel wasn't at all scared of him, so he backed off and since them has left them alone. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back