Michael Perry's Garden TSV 6/2/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Watching Richard Jackson's garden and am pretty stunned by the prices. £23 (incl P&P) for 24 Garden ready petunias. Well our Morrys had them last year for £2 for 6. So £8 for the same thing as £23 from QVC. Then. those splash geraniums 6 tiny little efforts for £19 (incl P&P), Lidl did them last year, proper size with buds (I bought 4 all different multi coloured) at £1.50 each. So 6 would have been £9 instead of £19. Where on earth do Q get their prices?

I may like some of the plants they have, but can't bring myself to pay their prices. It's cheaper even to go to the garden centre and get them. (hoping the garden centres are open again in May).
All the garden centres near to us, independents & chains, are open.

🦇 We had the most gorgeous cat called Kizzy; she was a formidable hunter & on summer evenings would sit on the garden wall watching bats, leaping up & sometimes catching one. The night we had to get one from the landing ceiling went down in family history. She also caught two baby rats at the same time & put them into our older daughter's boots - her screams nearly bought the tiles off the roof. I don't have problem with wildlife so these three, & many more, all got safely released.

We had a bat come down our chimney,I suddenly felt a breeze on the side of my face, the dog and myself retreated upstairs while hubby caught it with a saucepan and released it outside,😊
saucepan!!!! I love that word - it makes me smile. I love bats.

All the garden centres near to us, independents & chains, are open.
Should that be allowed? Essential retail?

🦇 We had the most gorgeous cat called Kizzy; she was a formidable hunter & on summer evenings would sit on the garden wall watching bats, leaping up & sometimes catching one. The night we had to get one from the landing ceiling went down in family history. She also caught two baby rats at the same time & put them into our older daughter's boots - her screams nearly bought the tiles off the roof. I don't have problem with wildlife so these three, & many more, all got safely released.
Yuk yuk yuk....were the baby rats alive? Oh my!!! That's my worst nightmare. How did your daughter survive that?

To be honest Suki rats will keep away from you but it's shivveringly horrible to hear them scrabbling about in your walls. I live in the country though, so it's to be expected they will come round to find food. I often had mice in the house when I lived in town but I had a cat then who soon despatched them. My dog is not so brave!

CC
A friend of mine has now got 3 baby rats a pets!

Yuk yuk yuk....were the baby rats alive? Oh my!!! That's my worst nightmare. How did your daughter survive that?
They only closed during the first house arrest & there was a debate over the amount of green wastage this caused. In November they were deemed to be essential retail because of the variety of products they sell, in some areas they are the only places to buy animal food & bedding. The three that I go to are all really well organised & I've been closer to people in supermarkets than when toddling around the nurseries.

Yes, the boots were knee highs so I just checked that the babies were in the foot, held the tops together, went to the end of the garden & they ran away. She calmed down eventually but said that she'd never wear the boots again so I had them.

My sister had a pet rat, Clarence. Thankfully he died. Sorry and all that, I'm not cruel but I don't do rats. I wish them no ill unless they are nearby and I can see them. Then they have to be disposed of. The same goes for wasps.

CC

I think a lot more people would like pet rats if they were cute with a short tale, like a hamster, I think it’s (no offence to any rats reading this) because they’re ugly, if they were cute they’d be set for life.

I think a lot more people would like pet rats if they were cute with a short tale, like a hamster, I think it’s (no offence to any rats reading this) because they’re ugly, if they were cute they’d be set for life.
I agree about the tail Shopps. I was watching Mr Tumble on Thursday, he was with a boy called Cameron & they were looking at a gecko, I've never wanted reptiles but this one was beautiful. Little granddaughter was very enthusiastic, even offered to take it back to her bed! She lost interest within seconds & it was back to Cinderella, poor old Moana's bitten the dust.

I agree about the tail Shopps. I was watching Mr Tumble on Thursday, he was with a boy called Cameron & they were looking at a gecko, I've never wanted reptiles but this one was beautiful. Little granddaughter was very enthusiastic, even offered to take it back to her bed! She lost interest within seconds & it was back to Cinderella, poor old Moana's bitten the dust.

😂😂😂

Aw Cinderella how adorable 😘❤️xx

😂😂😂

Aw Cinderella how adorable 😘❤️xx
It's on loop :eek: I make a 'fuss' over the fact she loves the sisters, although she laughed so much about this last week she was nearly sick. I found her mum's Disney box & took out the vinyl figures of the mice , Cinders, Fairy G & a very camp Prince - she was entranced. Unfortunately Mowgli wasn't in there, he's her other current love, so it's a time in the garage today looking through boxes of toys for him.

It's on loop :eek: I make a 'fuss' over the fact she loves the sisters, although she laughed so much about this last week she was nearly sick. I found her mum's Disney box & took out the vinyl figures of the mice , Cinders, Fairy G & a very camp Prince - she was entranced. Unfortunately Mowgli wasn't in there, he's her other current love, so it's a time in the garage today looking through boxes of toys for him.

Aw that’s lovely, I could kick myself T for not keeping our two sons toys when they were young, they had all the Ghostbusters toys like the car and the office, even the back pack, also the Power Rangers large figures so I say to them box those toys like Hey Dugee and Hot Wheels because like Sonic, they’ll be back in 30 years when their kiddies have kiddies, I mean look at Batman, Spider-Man and Sonic and Mario, they’ve never left. 🙏❤️

Yes, the boots were knee highs so I just checked that the babies were in the foot, held the tops together, went to the end of the garden & they ran away. She calmed down eventually but said that she'd never wear the boots again so I had them.
So she saw them first....phew. Imagine putting your feet on them....eeeeeeee.

I used to put worms in my Dads garden boots that he left outside the back door.

My sister had a pet rat, Clarence. Thankfully he died. Sorry and all that, I'm not cruel but I don't do rats. I wish them no ill unless they are nearby and I can see them. Then they have to be disposed of. The same goes for wasps.

CC
I loathe them. They are the only, if not one of very few creatures that will EAT its own kind. Even when the weaker 'feeder' is still alive. Vile creatures.
They also live in sewers & eat excrement.

I loathe them. They are the only, if not one of very few creatures that will EAT its own kind. Even when the weaker 'feeder' is still alive. Vile creatures.
Meant to add that, as far as I know, even Trump didn't eat ****.

Rabbits will eat their offspring, as will hamsters and there are many fish, reptiles birds and insects that are cannibals.

Chimpanzees are cannibals, they will eat infants of their own species and adults from other monkey species, usually red colobus monkeys.

Genetically humans and chimps share 98.8 of their DNA.

I'm sorry about poisoning the rats but they were in the house and I just couldn't have it. The dog wouldn't catch them and I've no cat. I did warn next door as their dog did catch them. If mice are in the house then I have humane traps, that's the best I can do.

CC

Latest posts

Back