Michele Hope….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What was the name of the lady (Susan Graver?) who used t come over all the time and had a weekly US show for many years. I bought a couple of her things and they were ok.
Never been tempted by MH as it was always too much like great auntie Mable‘s idea of a wedding outfit.

I remember SG as being the first innovator of bringing to air washable suede. She would show the jacket being put into the washing machine, then coming out as good as new. So when all these other 'designers' maintain its revolutionary, I always think no it isn't - it was SG !

I remember SG as being the first innovator of bringing to air washable suede. She would show the jacket being put into the washing machine, then coming out as good as new. So when all these other 'designers' maintain its revolutionary, I always think no it isn't - it was SG !
So was she before Beth Terrell?

Merryone, long before the lacy horrors, and about 20 years ago, I bought a really lovely knitted suit from MH. It was in cream and interspersed with matching large proper sequins that shimmied with movement. Not the cheap stuck on things that Frank Usher or Artscape, but dangly sew on ones. She did have some different stuff back then, but then she went a bit glittery granny style and then the lacy period (it was said she did a range for Per Una at one point, as there was some seriously samey garments in M & S at the time).

I think I had a couple of jackets and a top or two from SG. Unfortunately I put on weight so they had to go to a charity shop. Handy for work as we were expected to wear a suit so smart black trousers and her jacket made a bit of a change whilst still staying in the expected look.

What was the brand - think it started with a B - who did colourful dressy tops which back then you could wear to a less formal do but which would be OTT now unless at the Captain’s table

Michele has posted on FB

'Dear Friends after 27 years in partnership with QVC I have taken the hard decision to step down and spend some time with my family. I have enjoyed the many years designing collections for you , meeting you and receiving such wonderful feedback. There are so many wonderful friends I have made at qvc and will continue to stay in touch. For now I am going to spend some down time and do some things in life I have always wanted to do. I thank you all so much for your continued loyalty and support and so many wonderful memories I have. So for now I will sign off please do stay in touch and I wish you lots of good health and happiness. Lots of love Michele xx'

I suppose we all have to retire sometime!
I seem to remember her saying her daughter was part of the company but obviously doesn’t want to take over or perhaps MH designs are no longer wanted by Q‘s management .

I suppose we all have to retire sometime!
I seem to remember her saying her daughter was part of the company but obviously doesn’t want to take over or perhaps MH designs are no longer wanted by Q‘s management .
Yes I recall her not that long ago saying her daughter was involved and also I thought other family members were too.
I wish her well though, there should hopefully come a time to enjoy things without the pressure of business.

I suppose its been the perfect storm for some businesses with Brexit and import costs for fabric etc, then the Pandemic where manufacturing and retail closing down for months on end, laying staff off, and now its energy costs, so who can blame her for being the age to retire - the time is right.

Latest posts

Back