Models Feet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
Just watching Margaret Dabbs on with the foot hygiene cream. Well the model's feet looked awful. Her nails were long and her feet looked like they needed a good wash. Horrible.

Perhaps QVC models have a Dorian Gray thing going on. Look lovely but their feet show all ugliness.

What a thought! :mysmilie_17:

Could be a reflection of the cleanliness of the floor, as I imagine the models have to walk across barefoot to the treatment couch.

I would imagine if the models are constantly given standard-sized shoes to wear when strutting their stuff, regardless of their actual shoe size, their feet take a real hammering. If they are fond of a high-fashion high-heeled look, they are also likely to be doing their feet no favours. Plus - doesn't that make the transformation of the foot product even more dramatic. Lucky Margaret Dabbs having to deal with the grubbiness... if in a salon I would imagine your feet would be washed before treatment.

one word...

Slippers!

£59 Emu ones or a 5.99 high street pair...the effect would be the same!

Its not just the models on Q. Seeing the bare feet of celebs, models and film stars in magazines and catalogues who are all bedecked in beautiful evening gowns, and then you see their feet ! generally in high heel sandals with toes hanging over the front or trying to escape through holes in the side, yucky ! Feet are the least attractive part of the body, most need to be kept under wraps, and should be taken as much care of as the face !

Summer sadly unleashes all manner of long toed talons in an array of garish colours - fair puts me off my dinner, and don't get me started on men wearing flip flops around the supermarket with their hairy beasts on display !!!

There are some horrendous feet on show everywhere. I saw a demo of that Margaret Dabbs stuff and the models after shot looked worse than the before - really scruffy, dirty soles. Actually, my feet aren't that bad. Although they are very wide, I don't have long horrid toes and they are not all scaly and cracked either. Slap a bit of polish on the nails, slip on the Birkis and off I go :mysmilie_59:

CC

Oh no. I do have freakishly long toes and I've always convinced myself that with a nice pedicure only I would notice them. You'll give me a complex!

Oh no. I do have freakishly long toes and I've always convinced myself that with a nice pedicure only I would notice them. You'll give me a complex!

Aww - I think any well-cared-for feet can look lovely. Every bit of us comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes, we just make the best of what we've got.

I didn't see the show and the models feet but do you not think the feet were 'roughed up' for television to show how good the product was on one application and to show it is for feet of all conditions not just those interested in beauty items.

They probably do ask models to neglect their feet for a couple of weeks before the show otherwise we wouldn't be able to see the dramatic difference they want on the show. I find if I use a decent non metallic file every other week and moisturise every day with any moisturiser I have in the cupboard it seems to keep my feet looking good.

I have every admiration for those who choose the career as a Podiatrist. Apart from looking inside the mouth of an old person (dentist), then having to cut the toenails of an old person is something I don't have a strong stomach for !

I have every admiration for those who choose the career as a Podiatrist. Apart from looking inside the mouth of an old person (dentist), then having to cut the toenails of an old person is something I don't have a strong stomach for !

I couldn't agree more.

So true. Clean feet or mouths - I can't see a problem at any age. Where someone has problem feet or mouth... I'd quail at getting hands-on at any age. We'll all (I hope) be old one day, and I'll be extremely glad to know there will be people willing to help me if I've got problem feet or teeth.

I have short stubby toes! The big toes different sizes too. I used to be shy about them at the baths growing up and would put one foot on top of the other when out of the pool to hide them. I don't wear peep toe shoes and can't wear toe posts even in the garden as I don't have the grip and the shoe turns sideways. Get that pedi SS and be proud.

Latest posts

Back