Models?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really think QVC do have an ageist thing with their models, well apart from Tiffany they keep for beauty as a token older woman. Reach a certain age and QVC just stop hiring you. I remember Tanya having a full rant at them on the QVC page, saying she had worked and made friends on QVC and not one contacted her or even told her QVC did not want to employ her any more. Just told silence. She included AY who she considered a friend as they went horse riding together for years.

They now have a 6'+ model - attractive, but all the clothes look silly on her - too short in the sleeves and body. She needs the Long Tall Sally range. Then there is little and round Clare who I've yet to see look good in anything.
Clare just needs to be given the right size. QVC size 16 varies not only from brand to brand but garment to garment. Plus the TV is not kind to larger ladies they always look better in real life.

Fact. Tall, thin, young men and women look better in clothes than anyone else. QVC throw in a few models who are anything but. Clare has an unusually large bust. She must suffer with backache and pain where the shoulder straps in her bra dig in. She might be eligible for breast reduction surgery on the NHS. The presenters (particularly the short, chunky ones) bang on about how tall the models are and that the trousers look too short on them in the leg. I think we get that. Yesterday, JR made an arse of herself by standing next to a particularly young, tall, and beautiful model. She made a mistake. She didn't look cute and petite next to her but rather decrepit.

I agree Griz. It IS a fact that clothes look better on the tall and slender. I might be a 5'7 20/22 with skinny legs, but I certainly don't want to watch plus size models the size and shape of Lizzo posing in clothes that will fit me ! A lot of websites show big girls with big thighs posing, and I find it a turn off actually.

I'm happy looking at a size 10 model in a garment that goes up to a 20 and keep the fantasy of looking like the model does in my version šŸ˜‚

Even more so when they're advertising underwear. You can only take "I'm happy in the skin I'm in" so far . Also I'm glad that Jayde Adams (?) was booted off Strictly for her clumping around the dancefloor, because I had to fast forward her training video.

Even more so when they're advertising underwear. You can only take "I'm happy in the skin I'm in" so far . Also I'm glad that Jayde Adams (?) was booted off Strictly for her clumping around the dancefloor, because I had to fast forward her training video.
And the tap on the nose was nauseating. A bit off subject, but there used to be a CW singer called Too Tall Jones. He was 6ft 6ins and skinny as a rail. Not a bad singer, either.

It was said that most of the high end designers who are male were gay, they designed their clothes to look good on late teen or early 20s boys tall and slender. Hence, the female models on the cat walk had to fit a certain look. I still remember J. McDonald when he was a judge on Britain's Next Top Model calling one model who was 6' and a size 12 fat.

I see that Sophie, a plus size model who is very tall, does a lot of sun are shows now. Sheā€™s very good, has a lovely face.

I used to cringe when she worked on fashion shows because the ā€œstylistsā€ would her out onto the runway looking ridiculous, usually wearing 2 sizes too small or styles that just donā€™t suit the larger woman.

You actually forget how tall the models are until you see someone who is about your own height next to them - Jill Franks sidled up to a model the other day (can't remember which one) and, at 5 ft 4, she was positively dinky. That said Jill is particularly slender.

I suppose the presenters, who come in most shapes and sizes, represent 'every woman' so there is no need to vary the models too much.

Latest posts

Back