Models

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who knows ? they're a peculiar lot for sure. I appreciate its full on diversity (in all areas of life now), but I do wonder if our citizens of the cover-up culture would actually watch QVC as part of their lifestyle. Recently a model had only her face and hands visible when it was the dress that was being presented. I know there is a BA wheelchair user but are there any disabled models ?

Personally ditching the runway was a huge mistake. The girls moved, twirled and we could see the back of the garment, now they just stand and rarely turn around on a 1970's set dressing. Awful.

God only knows why the got rid of the likes of Sharon, Goody, Joy, Tanya etc (money probably) and left us with the shower we have now.
The ones I mentioned at least all had personalities but the ones we've been left with mostly look vacant behind the eyes IMO. There are a couple of exceptions of course but generally they're not that great are they?

They are a mixed bunch - there are a few who have a weird jerky style; glancing over a raised shoulder and looking downwards. Can't beat Cordelia and Andy INMO - they make everything look good.

Their models say less than Crossroads extras usually did. Just blank looks and struggling to stay afloat in the sinking lifeboat covers they put them in. At least Ideal World treat theirs as human beings with their opinions regularly sought on what they are wearing. Somebody needs to tell QVC it is no longer 1975 and £5 off your first order was what Marshall Ward was offering off during the last century.

Their models say less than Crossroads extras usually did. Just blank looks and struggling to stay afloat in the sinking lifeboat covers they put them in. At least Ideal World treat theirs as human beings with their opinions regularly sought on what they are wearing. Somebody needs to tell QVC it is no longer 1975 and £5 off your first order was what Marshall Ward was offering off during the last century.
The Marshall Ward comment would've made me spit my tea had I been drinking some - so funny and so true!!! Their delivery times are similar too

My mum also had their thin catalogue in the 1970s. Frighteningly, they are still going today along with her other catalogue friend Ambrose Wilson. I actually got £120 off a Red Arrows Citizen watch with a 20% of your first order offer with them. QVC (tightwads) take note!!

My mum also had their thin catalogue in the 1970s. Frighteningly, they are still going today along with her other catalogue friend Ambrose Wilson. I actually got £120 off a Red Arrows Citizen watch with a 20% of your first order offer with them. QVC (tightwads) take note!!
Marshall Ward was the only catalogue my mum ever used. When I was a kid in the 70's I was always jealous of my friend Nicole who's family always had a big Kay's catalogue and I asked my mum to get one but she said no. It wasn't until the early 80's when she got the Marshall Ward catalogue and by this time I had a Saturday job and I persuaded her to allow me to order some clothes as long as I promised to put the money aside, which of course I didn't. She had to bail me out. Then I naughtily put in orders behind her back which didn't go down very well when the debt letters started rolling in. I remember the total debt was £35 which was a lot in those days and my mum paid it and I had to pay her back. We were banned from using that catalogue from then in. Years later I took out a Peter Craig catalogue in a false name as I was worried that I'd still be blacklisted and I treated it with the respect it deserved and never defaulted. Seriously I've still got a catalogue (even though the book is a thing of the past) and I wouldn't be without it - happy days!

Most of my 'bottom drawer' in the 70's came from paying weekly from Littlewoods / Kays catalogues. My bedroom was stacked high with boxes of everyday necessities before the wedding. Rarely did couples live together beforehand in those days.

I still buy 'stuff' (bedding is very good) from Kaleidoscope. I buy 'stuff' from Sahara, and great jumpers from - whisper it..... Damart !!!

I know it's not the same as the above catalogues, but I miss the Argos catalogues.

When they first started, they were very thin, but eventually became as big as the Littlewoods etc catalogues. I used to love getting the latest Argos catalogue and browsing through it for hours.

When the first store opened near me, I bought a cigarette lighter because Argos were supposed to have the cheapest prices, then I found it cheaper elsewhere so took it back for a refund. That must have been 50 years ago, as they started in 1973. I've still got it, although I didn't even smoke.

Who knows ? they're a peculiar lot for sure. I appreciate its full on diversity (in all areas of life now), but I do wonder if our citizens of the cover-up culture would actually watch QVC as part of their lifestyle. Recently a model had only her face and hands visible when it was the dress that was being presented. I know there is a BA wheelchair user but are there any disabled models ?

Personally ditching the runway was a huge mistake. The girls moved, twirled and we could see the back of the garment, now they just stand and rarely turn around on a 1970's set dressing. Awful.
I agree, the runway worked well but the obstacle course with random rugs and pointless podiums is just distracting.

Most of the girls they have on now aren't models though are they? They are just nice girls in varying sizes and of varying ethnicities to tick all the equalities boxes. There was a girl trying to model this afternoon on Style and lovely as she was, she wasn't a model. She stood there wearing the clothes with a forced smile and just swaying about. There's lots of others who are just the same. There are exceptions, Maxine is great and Jade, also Andi and Jo. Most of the new girls aren't very good IMO.

CC

Perhaps they're girls from the office and canteen seconded to swish about, as I suspect that Agency fees for models may have skyrocketed, and 'proper' models might be asking for more money if the travelling costs have risen.

Latest posts

Back