Mature models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Whilst I applaud QVC for using mature models sometimes they just don't suit the clothes they're trying to demonstrate I feel that, especially this morning watching the Kim and Co our from 12 till 1, the model looked to me to old for some of the styles and did nothing to promote the garments. I think the models name is Zara?

Attachments

• 20230622_130237.jpg
    20230622_130237.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 891
I ve seen Zara a few times and had similar thoughts. When you see her up close she’s got a beautiful face but that god awful hairstyle is so aging. I’ve know idea how old she is- obviously not a youngster but she looks like a cross between Vivienne Westwood and your nan! Sadly it’s not a good look!

There’s one older model who has white hair just below her shoulders and it’s extremely frizzy. It looks as though she’s stuck her finger into a light socket. 😳 I can’t find a photo of her, but she’s been on during the late evening shows.

There’s one older model who has white hair just below her shoulders and it’s extremely frizzy. It looks as though she’s stuck her finger into a light socket. 😳 I can’t find a photo of her, but she’s been on during the late evening shows.
She’s on the style channel now. That hair looks awful, exactly how my hair looks if I wash it and leave it to dry naturally. Needless to say, mine is blow dried and straightened to within an inch of its life! You have to be quite young to get away with hair like that, otherwise you can tend to look like a witch!

Don’t think I’ve seen her before but it’s not a great look. Goody was brilliant, wonder what happened to her. Tanya and Joy were good but maybe wouldn’t consider themselves ‘older’. IW have a couple of models who’ve been there so long they are in the older group but they’re still great.

Don’t think I’ve seen her before but it’s not a great look. Goody was brilliant, wonder what happened to her. Tanya and Joy were good but maybe wouldn’t consider themselves ‘older’. IW have a couple of models who’ve been there so long they are in the older group but they’re still great.
I remember Goody with the beautiful hair. She always had such a pained expression on her face, however. I'm glad that Ruth is using an older model to show her clothes since she often says she is designing for women of her own age. Z/Sara looks wonderful in Ruth's clothes, but she is very tall and slender (size small) which does not represent the sizes medium/large of most QVC's fashion shoppers.

I have seen Joy modelling on the Lorraine programme a good few times lately. She has really short hair now & looks a good deal older.

She’s on the style channel now. That hair looks awful, exactly how my hair looks if I wash it and leave it to dry naturally. Needless to say, mine is blow dried and straightened to within an inch of its life! You have to be quite young to get away with hair like that, otherwise you can tend to look like a witch!
Sounds like me. I've been looking for a new hair style and to be honest,the majority look like they've slept in a sauna and the humidity has wrecked their hair.

I prefer models who can wear the clothes well and don't look like me. If they looked like me I'm afraid I wouldn't be tempted to buy the products. It's all about aspiration and fantasy. Equally those beauty before and afters where they show some woman with hundreds of wrinkles and saggy skin looking ever so very slightly less wrinkly in the after pic do nothing for me either. Why would I want to spend loads of money to look practically the same?

I prefer models who can wear the clothes well and don't look like me. If they looked like me I'm afraid I wouldn't be tempted to buy the products. It's all about aspiration and fantasy. Equally those beauty before and afters where they show some woman with hundreds of wrinkles and saggy skin looking ever so very slightly less wrinkly in the after pic do nothing for me either. Why would I want to spend loads of money to look practically the same?
I have to say the ‘before’ look better than the ‘after’ to me most times!

Latest posts

Back