Molton Brown TSV 01/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

got mine also great as away today so mum now got delivery of molton brown and liz earle tsvs thats a few xmas presents in now as all my family like m/brown so easy and good price compared to rrp

I love a good Christmas bargain.
I've just ordered a couple of each of these. Absolute bargain IMO. Note to QVC, this is what most people class as 'stocking fillers', not the items close to £50.00 that you suggest.

http://www.boots.com/en/Ciate-London-Oh-Christmas-Tree-_1753620/

http://www.boots.com/en/Nails-Inc-Festive-Cracker_1754610/

Have ordered 3 sets as I really like the honeysuckle and white tea fragrance. I'm not normally a "floral" person but there's something about this particular fragrance that I love. The shower gel and body lotion layer up really well and the body lotion sinks in quickly so ideal in the morning when I'm in a hurry.

I just hope these arrive more quickly than my 3 Liz Earle TSVs (it's been a v expensive week but I'm stockpiling/getting some presents sorted in my defence). Ordered the LE TSVs on Thursday morning and am still waiting. Tracking looks like I may receive them tomorrow. Was really chuffed to see folk on Facebook who ordered on Friday receiving theirs the next day!

Molton Brown really does seem to have had it's day. I remember, just a few years ago, how excited everyone would get at the prospect of the MB TSV. It was always the big feature on a weekend beauty show, and would sell out so quickly, everyone was afraid they'd miss it. Now it's relegated to a Wednesday, and there seems to be no excitement or interest beyond a few comments that it's 'not for me'.
I think they shot themselves in the foot when they disappeared from Q a few years ago, saying they felt their presence on selly telly was 'diminishing the exclusivity of the brand'. The big 'comeback' hasn't quite been what was expected, has it?

People still remember the old Molton Brown through rose tinted glasses. Their a nice range but I only like a few of products and they never do them in a TSV or have totally discontinued them. Also their own website has good deals on quite regularly.

I love a good Christmas bargain.
I've just ordered a couple of each of these. Absolute bargain IMO. Note to QVC, this is what most people class as 'stocking fillers', not the items close to £50.00 that you suggest.

http://www.boots.com/en/Ciate-London-Oh-Christmas-Tree-_1753620/

http://www.boots.com/en/Nails-Inc-Festive-Cracker_1754610/

I got a set of 6 mini glitter ciates each in clear baubles from amazon for £5 ish recently they may have a few left! They'll look v cute on friends' trees...

People still remember the old Molton Brown through rose tinted glasses. Their a nice range but I only like a few of products and they never do them in a TSV or have totally discontinued them. Also their own website has good deals on quite regularly.

I love the rhubarb one but I really cannot justify that much for shower products :(

I'm sick of hearing how the rhubarb comes from Yorkshire,anyone can grow this in their garden.

the old tsv's were far more generous hence the excitement. a lot more products. under £40 and usually beautifully boxed. in fact i still have a box with a sliver bracket on it and i store my yankee tarts/votives

I checked out the Molton Brown website at the weekend to compare prices before TSV day - and their prices were as they've been for some time now... generally, the shower gels at £18, and handwash's for £16.
However, today they've put their prices on-line up!!
The shower gels are now £20, and the handwash's are £18.
Can anyone in the know say if this has anything to do with the TSV today? QVC were still comparing prices with Molton Brown's pre-hike prices on the launch show at midnight... the cynic in me is saying that they've hiked the prices today because they expect an increase in potential customers off the back of QVC's all-day advertising for their brand, and I'm not impressed!

I have just checked a few department store web pages and the shower gels have all gone up in price to £20.00. I love Molton Brown but the price rise is too much.

Help please. I know the 300ml handwashes are £16 (going up to £18) each but can you sometimes get them for under £12 in sales at MB or elsewhere? It's just there's a set of 3 that work out around £12 each so I want to check that's a decent bargain.

Help please. I know the 300ml handwashes are £16 (going up to £18) each but can you sometimes get them for under £12 in sales at MB or elsewhere? It's just there's a set of 3 that work out around £12 each so I want to check that's a decent bargain.

I have no idea how well the TSV is selling (rarely watch any QVC these days). If it's going well it may be worth holding on to see if any One Time Onlys emerge later on?

I'm so over Molton Brown. Bayliss and Hardy sets are so similar at a fraction of the price.

I posted this a couple of months ago, not sure how the stock levels are, but worth a look:

"Direct Cosmetics has lots of Molton Brown stuff (old packaging) if you need a fix before the TSV: here (3.5% cashback through Quidco too)"

IIRC the double hand wash Xmas boxed set is usually around £24*. I may be wrong!!!!! But I don't think they are ever below £20.

*that is the JLP/MB shop/DHS price.

I posted this a couple of months ago, not sure how the stock levels are, but worth a look:

"Direct Cosmetics has lots of Molton Brown stuff (old packaging) if you need a fix before the TSV: here (3.5% cashback through Quidco too)"

Thanks, Akimbo. I missed that before. They are working out dearer than in the trio (213188) at the moment but I've bookmarked the site for future reference as I like sites like that.

Latest posts

Back