Molton Brown TSV 06/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Funnily enough I’ve never bought MB, can’t say that about other brands though 🤭
what would you say are your favourite scents? Just wondering if some are more popular in case I finally give in.

Funnily enough I’ve never bought MB, can’t say that about other brands though 🤭
what would you say are your favourite scents? Just wondering if some are more popular in case I finally give in.
I like what MB call more masculine scents. Black pepper (although I like pink pepper too), Russian Leather, Blue Maquis, Coastal, Bizarre Brandy. Actually all of them :LOL::LOL: Sorry, I'm no help at all.

CC

The one I used to love was the Sensual fragrance, I think it was Haanaali or something similar…
They discontinued it! I was abs gutted. It was a beautiful soft subtle fragrance but really suited me.

That is what missed me off about MB, they just discontinue products with no warning. You go into a store, and it's gone and the SA will say oh that was discontinued. They now seem to put stuff they are discontinuing into bundles on QVC.

I loved the Sea Moss range, they did a powder version you put in the bath, and it just went no warning.

Sometimes they reintroduce products with a different name. Their hair care has been back loads of times, then ends up in TKMaxx. They have it back again, released a few months ago.

That is what missed me off about MB, they just discontinue products with no warning. You go into a store, and it's gone and the SA will say oh that was discontinued. They now seem to put stuff they are discontinuing into bundles on QVC.

I loved the Sea Moss range, they did a powder version you put in the bath, and it just went no warning.

Sometimes they reintroduce products with a different name. Their hair care has been back loads of times, then ends up in TKMaxx. They have it back again, released a few months ago.
That sea moss powder was lovely….
I did see the sensual in their sale last year… but no point buying it as it will be old stock and not replaceable

My fave was Japanese Orange and like Donna says, one minute it was in the shop the next, gone and I've never seen it anywhere else since ☹
Didn’t that just change name to Orange & Bergamot? I don’t know as much about the history of MB as lots of others on here, but I’m sure I heard Jemma say this very recently. Could be wrong, though, as didn’t you say you found O&B disappointingly generic (as do I)?

Didn’t that just change name to Orange & Bergamot? I don’t know as much about the history of MB as lots of others on here, but I’m sure I heard Jemma say this very recently. Could be wrong, though, as didn’t you say you found O&B disappointingly generic (as do I)?
No, they were definitely different Andi. Don't ask me about the different notes though because I wouldn't have a clue to be honest.
I think O&B was called Nerangi at one point though, but I could be wrong on that so don't take my word for it.

My favourite was Reviving Cempaka. God knows why they discontinued that one because it was blooming lovely.

Sadly, as MrM said above, totally different smells - Japanese Orange was a much sharper, uplifting scent (yep, totally agree re O&B being very generic and flat) and one of the reasons why I loved it so much was cos it reminded me of these Japanese yuzu bath salts a friend once gifted to me (very similar to these) and which if I ever make it to Japan, will be stocking up on big time!

I remember Japanese Orange! It was lovely. I can’t remember how I got it now, but I’m sure it was after reading about it in here, probably from Tarketta. I did manage to get a second one just before it was discontinued. Orange and Bergamot was Naranji and Vitamin ABC at various points I believe, but although I like it it doesn’t have the same sort of orange zing. Now why can’t they resurrect that in a TSV? Knowing my luck it would come with Gingerlily or the purple one or Jasmine and Sun Rose, none of which I like, except as hand washes.

No, they were definitely different Andi. Don't ask me about the different notes though because I wouldn't have a clue to be honest.
I think O&B was called Nerangi at one point though, but I could be wrong on that so don't take my word for it.

My favourite was Reviving Cempaka. God knows why they discontinued that one because it was blooming lovely.
Yes, it was Naranji, smelled better too.

The Orange& Bergamot is my personal favourite from MB. It has had a couple of name changes over the years. I think the Japanese orange scent was called something like Suma or Suma Ginseng? I never tried that one as I had so much MB in the house I wanted to use some up. By the time I wanted to buy a bottle it had been discontinued. I also love the pink pepper and eucalyptus. I still have quite a bit of the bath and shower products but would love the TSV to have some hand washes, I go through them by the bucket load. I flit back and forth between MB and L'Occitane, currently on Loccy gentle hand wash (the milky one) and really enjoying that.

The Orange& Bergamot is my personal favourite from MB. It has had a couple of name changes over the years. I think the Japanese orange scent was called something like Suma or Suma Ginseng? I never tried that one as I had so much MB in the house I wanted to use some up. By the time I wanted to buy a bottle it had been discontinued. I also love the pink pepper and eucalyptus. I still have quite a bit of the bath and shower products but would love the TSV to have some hand washes, I go through them by the bucket load. I flit back and forth between MB and L'Occitane, currently on Loccy gentle hand wash (the milky one) and really enjoying that.
There was one called Suma Ginseng but the Japanese Orange one was called Toko Yuzu.

Funny, I bought the 500mls size of the O&B one last summer. Not something I would normally go for, but it was soft and fresh for the warmer weather.
I like Orange & Bergamot too. I think the dupes you can get are quite bland but the MB one has a slight spice in it which makes it stand out. I hadn’t used it for years until it popped up in a TSV or special offer and was pleased with it. They seem to be featuring it more these days.

Molton Brown 7 Piece Collection TSV 06/03/22 (2 Options)

1st Option

300ml Blissful Templetree Bath & Shower Gel RRP £22 + post
300ml Infusing Eucalyptus Bath & Shower Gel RRP £22 + post
300ml Black Pepper Hand Wash RRP £20 + post
100ml Black Pepper Bath & Shower Gel RRP £10 + post
100ml Costal Cypress & Sea Fennel Bath & Shower Gel RRP £10 + post
50ml Russian Leather Bath & Shower Gel RRP £5 + post
50ml Geranium Nefertum Bath & Shower Gel RRP £5 + post

2nd Option

300ml Relaxing Ylang Ylang Bath & Shower Gel RRP £22 + post
300ml Floral Luminare Bath & Shower Gel RRP £22 + post
300ml Lemon & Mandarin Hand Wash RRP £20 + post