Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the stuff....hubby took his birthday present small ones with him and they lasted forever ...only had to use one bottle over two whole weeks ....didn't use a " scrunchie " either ....not keen on the body lotions though....

I tried it years ago but thought it was too expensive. I use Soap and Glory, I buy it from Boots when it's 3 for 2 offer is on. It lasts ages as you get 500ml shower gel for about £6..

I tried it years ago but thought it was too expensive. I use Soap and Glory, I buy it from Boots when it's 3 for 2 offer is on. It lasts ages as you get 500ml shower gel for about £6..

I love soap and glory ...great offers too .....will scout around for bargains of molton brown too ..:mysmilie_59:

I can't forget that the goss that was around when MB left QVC was that they left because they felt that QVC wasn't upmarket enough for their brand....I mean that's just rude to the customers....does anyone know the truth of this?

I was speaking to a Q CS person when MB left and she told me that was the reason, and I also got talking once to a chap in an MB store at the time (who was on his own in the store so could be indiscreet) and he agreed it was the likely reason but was not 100% sure. They were definitely expanding the number of shops at the time and I think it was when they were bought out so no doubt the new owners had a vision of exclusivity. Their stores are never very busy but then they have such large concessions in dept stores there is often no need to go to their own place, whereas L'Occy is not very well stocked outside their shops. Mind you their shops are often pretty quiet too, LOL.

Yes it was the new owners decision the pull out. I bet QVC bent over backwards trying to make them stay.

I know when Estee Lauder bought Aveda the SA in Debenhams openly said the brand would no longer be stock at QVC. This was before it even disappeared from QVC. It was Estee Lauder's decision.

I remember we (me and mum) spoke to Jill (I think that was her name) from MB and she was really upset about the decision to pull out of QVC. She said that she was essentially told that it wasn't upmarket enough and was given the heave-ho. I guess all those years of loyalty count for nothing when the bottom line is all a company thinks about. Apparently lots of MB staff got similar treatment too. (Allegedly, just in case any lawyers are reading!)

not upmarket enough? seems a bit harsh when you take a look at some of the other brands Q sell...

It just doesn't make me feel I want to buy their product when they have been so rude and dismissive in the past.

I was a HUGE MB fan. However, Rituals are my new favourites. They have a concession in Debenhams in Glasgow and in Jenners in Loch Lomond. I also buy from their website. Much better value for money than MB and lovely fragrances. (Their tea isn't half bad too !!)

I watched a programme the other night about Champneys. They charge up to £1200 per night, have a shop on site which sells all of their products, have Saudi royals, celebs and film stars who stay for up to 6 months and yet don`t see it below themselves to sell the identical products in Boots, often on 3 for 2 offers so why does MB flinch at selling on Q ?

I was a HUGE MB fan. However, Rituals are my new favourites. They have a concession in Debenhams in Glasgow and in Jenners in Loch Lomond. I also buy from their website. Much better value for money than MB and lovely fragrances. (Their tea isn't half bad too !!)

We have a store in Belfast. I admit I don't actually go in now, did a few times when it first opened.

l couldn't care less why they left Q - they're endorsed by. Cruelty Free International - by far the most important thing to me.

Latest posts

Back