Monogram by Amanda Wakeley TSV 09/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went for a previous AW TSV and was very pleased with the quality and the presentation although usually these days do not pay that price for a bag.I am not at all tempted by this one don’t like the shape and the colours, am not into snake print at all.It does seem to have been popular though.

I think I must be the only woman on the planet who wouldn't entertain spending that kind of money on a handbag, although I can afford to. The most expensive bag I ever bought was a leather one for £40, for an event, and even that price irked me. :thinking: Luckily I don't "do" designer stuff of any kind so am never tempted by AW, LG, Radley or the like.

No you’re not the only one. I have never spent that much even when I had a well paid job. Same with shoes.

Unbelievable just how much money some folk must be spending
To hear Claire say today a £50 makeup set would be ideal for a friend for Christmas
Alexis a £10 bauble with L’Occitane would be great to go with a cashmere sweater for a friend
We all don’t live in a Little Venice townhouse worth many millions so out of contact with Mrs Average Alexis, I’m afraid.
Also Catherine Huntley saying an ideal purchase for a mother would to purchase a laptop with an easy payments by each sibling of approx £130. So a couple shelling out £520 for mother and father gifts at Christmas, well not on my planet QVC presenters. Selling items with their benefits and attractiveness to the buyer and recipient is one thing but these wild statements perhaps work with others but they aren’t making me buy.

Just to add the TSV bag zips shut with zipped pockets inside in case anyone's dithering. I quite like the mineral colour - I have a wool coat slightly deeper in tone, depending what I wear with it, it looks pale grey or pale taupe. I might have a look on the high street for a similar chameleon colour, TK Maxx quite often has unusual* but good quality bags. (*the colours which didn't sell as well as the Black or Tan bags in a brand's range I suspect!

It has one zipped compartment in the middle which means anything outside that pouch is only protected by a magnetic popper, a pickpockets paradise.

We’re lucky that we have disposable income after downsizing, I decided to become a lady of leisure, the husband works part time to keep his hand in, I chose not to. I’m very generous and love to make people happy, I spend endless on my family, but I’d never dream of spending £300 on a bag for myself, I just wouldn’t feel comfortable.

To hear Claire say today a £50 makeup set would be ideal for a friend for Christmas
Alexis a £10 bauble with L’Occitane would be great to go with a cashmere sweater for a friend
We all don’t live in a Little Venice townhouse worth many millions so out of contact with Mrs Average Alexis, I’m afraid.
Also Catherine Huntley saying an ideal purchase for a mother would to purchase a laptop with an easy payments by each sibling of approx £130. So a couple shelling out £520 for mother and father gifts at Christmas, well not on my planet QVC presenters. Selling items with their benefits and attractiveness to the buyer and recipient is one thing but these wild statements perhaps work with others but they aren’t making me buy.

They are delusional and do indeed live in another world to me.

I much prefer the AW bags than the LG bags, but I would never pay that kind of money for a handbag. They had a jumper on this morning for £253 and they were selling like hot cakes.:grin:There must be some well paid jobs about..

... & some credit cards that are pliable because they get used so frequently & just have the minimum amount paid off every month.

If I wanted to make a “considered purchase” I would want to see it in the flesh, check the quality of materials used, how it’s made up and finished etc.

I'm a true bag lady & have a sizeable collection with the only branded ones being Le Pliage & Radley, always bought in the sales or from eBay. I have three evening bags, one for summer, one for winter & one that was my granny's it has a crystal clip fastening, a perfect grosgrain lining & still has the original mirror inside. The bag that gets the most comments is a cotton tote from Booths with 'Cumbria Not Umbria' printed on it.

I'm a true bag lady & have a sizeable collection with the only branded ones being Le Pliage & Radley, always bought in the sales or from eBay. I have three evening bags, one for summer, one for winter & one that was my granny's it has a crystal clip fastening, a perfect grosgrain lining & still has the original mirror inside. The bag that gets the most comments is a cotton tote from Booths with 'Cumbria Not Umbria' printed on it.

You should spend your money on whatever makes you happy. “Cumbria Not Umbria”. :mysmilie_15:

I still have a very lady like classic handbag in patent leather stamped with a mock croc pattern which is lined in beige suede, bought in the 1960’s.It is as new probably because I was not lady like enough to use It!I Love bags, shoes can take or leave.On a day to day basis it is the old Kiplings that come out but I do look at the Radley sales & have been tempted a couple of times.Forgot about a Mulberry briefcase which I think in the 80,s cost a few £100s. it weighed a ton empty and was not that practical.

I love beautiful bags back in my power dressing days now I am too weak to carry the huge leather monstrosities I see everyday

It has one zipped compartment in the middle which means anything outside that pouch is only protected by a magnetic popper, a pickpockets paradise.

I don't disagree that a single magnet wouldn't be as safe as a zip. I watched a couple of presentations so reread the blurb: There's a main zip which secures the three sections beneath, and another zipped section inside:

"Essential organisation - say goodbye to endlessly searching the bottom of your bag! With three separated compartments secured with a zip top fastening, plus both outer and inner pockets to keep everything in place, you'll never find yourself hunting for your keys or phone in this bag."

There's an overhead photo of the yellow bag in the online page for the TSV showing this. Were we looking at the same bag?

Attachments

• AW TSV Oct19.jpg
    AW TSV Oct19.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 208

I'd love to know how they would describe these high priced items if the QVC studios were based in one of the deprived towns in the N.E or N.W in an area of high level unemployment. "this dress will take you straight from benefit office to the food bank" !!!

All the presenters DO live within shouting distance of Chiswick - although I think Katy P lives in Whitstable, Kent, but Franks lives in Surrey as do a couple of others, but even so, they live in a high price high salary and very social environment (lots of cafes/restaurant/nightlife), which is alien to the majority of the rest of us - (or we're too old after a lifetime of weekend clubbing :mysmilie_11:).

Anyone with real capacity of spending a fortune on individual Christmas presents would not be buying from QVC, but be heading off to Harvey Nicks or trawling the internet for better deals.

I used to live a stone's throw from Chislehurst (it was in Kent back then before they moved the boundaries or the press/estate agents moved them) don't you know lol. I was in the common London bit down the road but I did work in the Shopper's Paradise - in Chislehurst!!!!!! :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13: Don't suppose they'd tolerate that now with their zillion pound houses lol. I do buy LG bags now and again, harking back to my days when I worked in posh towns and cities :mysmilie_17:

CC

CC - YES I remember when Chislehurst was in Kent. I lived in Ramsgate then (or Ramsgit as the daytrippers from London would say).

My first LG bag was a pure fluke ! I saw a bag I liked in TKMaxx - black with raised lily of the valleys on one side. I paid £35.00, and saw this Lulu Guinness logo on the side. Meant bugger all to me at the time, then a I started watching QVC and realised my bag was probably worth quite a bit more. Result ! I still have it today.

Latest posts

Back