my visit to the B and W Fulham Road Shop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SQ I would drop Simon a line, so he is aware what happens in his absence. They are always encouraging peeps to visit the store on air so he definately needs to know how you were made to feel.

and be sure to say exactly what date/time it was so he can identify the two "assistants" concerned.

I was dressed rather welll, wore boot cut jeans and a lovely deep aqua chiffon smock style top from Wallis that has gold sequins (ha ha!) and coral coloured beads. on my feet I had little pointy toed brown leather boots so think I did not look too tramp like. Maybe it was my Kipling bag (TKM bargain not QVC) that made them think I was about to stuff the many pockets with B and W goods. I actually felt like writng to Simon about my experience but I think that would be taking it a bit far!!

No, do it!!!!! Nowt like writing something down to get if off your chest. Ok, you could end up feeling even more angry and effronted if he doesn't deign to give you a reply either, but he might do, and it may be fed back to his snooty staff. Perhaps you could also mention that other people who have visited that store have had similar experiences. Nobody should be made to feel uncomfortable in a store!

Well done btw for keeping your cool, I'd have probably let the side down by saying something sarcastic to the assistant, I have done this before when I've received rude and indifferent treatment in the shop..something along the lines of "You'll never die of enthusiasm will you?"

I was dressed rather welll, wore boot cut jeans and a lovely deep aqua chiffon smock style top from Wallis that has gold sequins (ha ha!) and coral coloured beads. on my feet I had little pointy toed brown leather boots so think I did not look too tramp like. Maybe it was my Kipling bag (TKM bargain not QVC) that made them think I was about to stuff the many pockets with B and W goods. I actually felt like writng to Simon about my experience but I think that would be taking it a bit far!!

I would write if I was you. I've written a lot of complaint letters over the years and I always make sure I'm polite, to the point and start with a compliment if I can. I bet he runs a tight ship and would want his customers to feel welcome. I've noticed the atmosphere in the shop is different when he's there. They need to be kept on their toes. Go for it! :up:

Right am all fired upand am going to write to Simon, have time and date on my reciept so can pin point who served me. Will keep it polite and to the point but will mention that he often talks about the shops on QVC and that was what made me want to visit . Am also going to say that had a I felt comfortalbe about browsing I probably would have spent more but I legged it as was made to feel like a second, no make that third class citizen. Will let you all know if I get a reply!!

Wow!, tis a shame you had that experience. I've only ever been to the South Molton one,bout 8 or 9 times and everyone in there is super pleasant, I almost want to visit the other one now, for contrast.

You should deffo write a note of complaint, so at least some of the staff in there will be forced to be buck up their ideas.

Good Luck.

My comments related only to my OH Silversequin I promise! Good luck with your letter, I hope you get the apology you deserve :nod:

Yes definately write. I have visited South Molton only twice. First time Simon was there & the girls were all over me. The next time which was ages ago he was not there & they wouldn't have peed on me if I had been on fire. I remember getting snapped at because I dared to ask a question. I walked out & would not buy anything.

When the cats away !!!!!

letter done and posted to the South Molton Street Shop. Thought that if I sent it to Fulham Road they might open it, read and then burn! Will let you all know if anything results.

B&W Fulham Rd experience

Well I went to London this week and did some cultural things which included a trip to the V and A. While in the area I thought I would drop in on that other place that is also known by two initials, the Butler and Wison shop in Fulham Road. Now as I seem to recall, telephone callers to the B and W shows rave on about Simon's two shops, the fabulous stuff and the equally fabulous staff.

As I entered the hallowed premises two women were leaving muttering under their breath "wouldn't even let us touch anything, not like it's real jewellery either". So it was not a good omen. I was the only person in the emporium apart from two assistants who ignored me apart from when I moved too close to some of the stuff and actually dared to attempt to put my grubby paws anywhere near it. I felt like a prospective shoplifter rather than a customer. It was an uncomfortable and unpleasant experience. I wanted to browse and look at the things. Some of the stuff was truly lovely, very original and there were some gorgeous clothes too. I did buy a brooch and they deigned to speak to me while I made my purchase. Purchase wrapped and paid for I asked then a question about the website and they ignored me!! Carried on talking to each other. I left, feelling as if I was not good enough to shop there. Horrible experience, anyone dare me to call in next time Simon is on QVC?

This is quite an old threat but I just had to weigh in since I went to the Fulham Rd shop today with a bracelet bought from QVC during Simon's last visit in August (since he repeats at nauseam that if you have a problem, just go to one of the shops...yeah right!). I had lost several stones from it in less than a week and know for a fact that they have loose stones in that shop. I spoke to a sales girl who referred me to a harridan, who I can only assume is the shop's manageress and who looked down her nose at me, which is difficult since I'm tall. An Olive Oyl type physically. She could clearly not be bothered and walked away. Then another woman who claimed she was the jewellery repair person for B&W interceded stating that they could do nothing, that I had to send the item back to QVC since "they (B&W) have nothing to do with QVC" (can you believe?), that QVC buy a spare of anything they order from B&W just in case something goes wrong with the original! And that B&W offer a one year warranty to QVC on all their items... (not 30 days therefore). I was so frustrated I could have screamed. I quite like this bracelet but if I ask QVC for a replacement, the same thing will happen again I'm sure. I'm wondering at this point whether Qvc get lesser quality than what is on offer in the shops? I also like Simon and I've met him at the So Molton Street shop but I 'm about to give up on B&W since the quality is crap.

This is quite an old threat but I just had to weigh in since I went to the Fulham Rd shop today with a bracelet bought from QVC during Simon's last visit in August (since he repeats at nauseam that if you have a problem, just go to one of the shops...yeah right!). I had lost several stones from it in less than a week and know for a fact that they have loose stones in that shop. I spoke to a sales girl who referred me to a harridan, who I can only assume is the shop's manageress and who looked down her nose at me, which is difficult since I'm tall. An Olive Oyl type physically. She could clearly not be bothered and walked away. Then another woman who claimed she was the jewellery repair person for B&W interceded stating that they could do nothing, that I had to send the item back to QVC since "they (B&W) have nothing to do with QVC" (can you believe?), that QVC buy a spare of anything they order from B&W just in case something goes wrong with the original! And that B&W offer a one year warranty to QVC on all their items... (not 30 days therefore). I was so frustrated I could have screamed. I quite like this bracelet but if I ask QVC for a replacement, the same thing will happen again I'm sure. I'm wondering at this point whether Qvc get lesser quality than what is on offer in the shops? I also like Simon and I've met him at the So Molton Street shop but I 'm about to give up on B&W since the quality is crap.

That's bad isn't it. Can't you contact QVC and complain? Even if it's out of the 30 day MBG, if the stones have come out they'll still refund/replace.

snotty sales assistants get up my goat.
qvc will sort it out.its funny when you mention qvc the snottiness just gets worse.:angry:

Right am all fired upand am going to write to Simon, have time and date on my reciept so can pin point who served me. Will keep it polite and to the point but will mention that he often talks about the shops on QVC and that was what made me want to visit . Am also going to say that had a I felt comfortalbe about browsing I probably would have spent more but I legged it as was made to feel like a second, no make that third class citizen. Will let you all know if I get a reply!!

Sorry I know this an old post but did you ever get a reply and an apology from Simon ?

snotty sales assistants get up my goat.
qvc will sort it out.its funny when you mention qvc the snottiness just gets worse.:angry:

Well, I hope they wipe it down properly when they've finished :smirk:

SQ I would be inclined to print all these sheets off and send them directly to Simon, with a copy to the buyers at QVC !!!!!!! THEN see whether you get a reply !!!!!

Latest posts

Back