New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the set of 10 small jars sold out this morning, any sign of any good deals for the 3 o'clock Yankee show tomorrow?

I burn them in strict chronological order, but varying for seasonal change so no light florals at Xmas etc. I pair them up when I get them as I burn two together. Otherwise I wouldn't know where I was!!

Currently burning Cassis, OK, with Wild Pansies, really nice and strong. A big surprise.

You're so organised!! I like to burn them seasonally, too.

It is lovely to have a choice and I love that feeling of going to get a new candle from my stock but boy are they a pain to store, being so heavy and bulky. As I think I was saying on another thread recently, even though I have a list of all my candles in date order, I can never find the older ones to burn first because it's so hard to store them in a way that is as space-saving as possible but also leaves them accessible. The older ones will always be near the bottom unless I unstack the boxes every time to put new ones underneath. I just need to stop buying and use up the ones I have (easier said than done). I think I'm going to have to do as Mazza does and burn more than one at once because I'll never get through them otherwise. I wouldn't know how to begin to pair scents though.

Yes, I can imagine that the storage is a nightmare, they've got a much bigger footprint than all my bracelets!

I struggle with where and how to store my candles. I'm onto my umpteenth plan... the problem is they are both bulky and heavy... and with them being in glass, they are also very hazardous if you don't store them correctly. And they are not cheap, even at the best discount prices, so you don't want to damage them and not be able to use them as intended.

During the summer I've had the mainly in storage boxes in my living room, but they can't stay there in the window (next to the radiator) when the central heating goes back on. Thing is, if they are not accessible, it becomes too much of a hassle to get them out and burn them... which is really the whole point.

I suspect I may be doing a little shopping in Lakeland - those shopping bags look ideal!

YES!!! Let's start a trend for those Lakeland supermarket trolley bags to be adopted as official YC storage bags! I have used three out of the four so far!!! But I did also buy a set of the three recycling bags so do have room for further expansion. Not that I want to do that.

:mysmilie_59:

Re 705937, they are calling the champagne flute option champagne but the martini glass option is M Teen E. And when Rosa called it martini, Craig corrected her and muttered they are not allowed to say martini. Why not call it a cocktail option then rather than the stupid M Teen E? And if it is a brand name issue, do you always get Martini, the branded drink, in a martini if you order say a vodka martini? Surely there are more brands of vermouth but a martini is a martini is a martini.

Re 705937, they are calling the champagne flute option champagne but the martini glass option is M Teen E. And when Rosa called it martini, Craig corrected her and muttered they are not allowed to say martini. Why not call it a cocktail option then rather than the stupid M Teen E? And if it is a brand name issue, do you always get Martini, the branded drink, in a martini if you order say a vodka martini? Surely there are more brands of vermouth but a martini is a martini is a martini.

Sounds a bit spurious, when they have a candle called passionfruit martini!

The martini is a drink made with either gin (the traditional martini) or vodka and vermouth.

Martini & Rosso make a brand of vermouth drinks. Not sure if the cocktail came before or after the manufacturer of vermouth (founded 1863) but I've not heard of any legal issue with that... and it can't be due to the glasses.

Oh well remembered May! And yes there is also a peppermint martini in the Xmas tipples set (is that a real drink?).

How bloomin' ridiculous! They don't call one of the large jars in the Warm Summer Nights trio they sell "Passion Fruit M Teen E"! They should have gone the whole hog and called the other option "Sham Pain".

they have been made with even less fragrance oils than the simply home ones were so are very very expensive for what will be a very tiny smell if any at all now

but didint think sainsburys sold them as its usually tesco & asda here

Tesco

http://www.tesco.com/direct/yankee-candles.event?icid=home_trade_slot1

ASDA

http://direct.asda.com/george/home-...ult,sc.html?prefn1=brand&prefv1=Yankee Candle

I lit my Yankee 'Home Inspiration' Cherry Vanilla earlier and the throw is extremely good!

How bloomin' ridiculous! They don't call one of the large jars in the Warm Summer Nights trio they sell "Passion Fruit M Teen E"! They should have gone the whole hog and called the other option "Sham Pain".

This has all the hallmarks of QVC silliness. Remember when Leighton Denny did a gold nail polish to tie in with the celebrations of the diamond jubilee in 2012? Leighton called it Gold Save the Queen but QVC gave it a lame-o name for reasons I don't understand... surely if the name has been cleared for use by the product creator they are the ones who have to check if it can legally be used?

This has all the hallmarks of QVC silliness. Remember when Leighton Denny did a gold nail polish to tie in with the celebrations of the diamond jubilee in 2012? Leighton called it Gold Save the Queen but QVC gave it a lame-o name for reasons I don't understand... surely if the name has been cleared for use by the product creator they are the ones who have to check if it can legally be used?

That does ring a bell now you mention it. In fact, was it renamed Good As Gold?

That does ring a bell now you mention it. In fact, was it renamed Good As Gold?

Yes - you are right... It was niggling me...

Digest of the full story below... and timing was wrong - it was in celebration of Leighton's MBE that he did the collection:

Leighton Denny tsv 2/12/14

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/showthread.php?47508-Leighton-Denny-tsv-2-12-14/page6
From a post by Tanglefoot #54 on page 6 of the thread...

1 x Really Royal - an intense purple noir
1 x Purple Reign - a rich purple berry
1 x Party at the Palace - a shimmering purple glitter
1 x Good as Gold - a gold glitter
1 x It’s an Honour - a lovely taupe shimmer

Leighton Denny 10 Piece Regal Nailcare Collection
QVC Price: £39.50
Today's Special Value Price: £32.46
P&P: £4.95

item number 206832

The clinching evidence - courtesy of Akimbo below:
Oh QVC "you're sad strange little men, and you have my pity" (as Woody would say)!

They've made Leighton call his TSV gold glitter polish a different name on air (I assume in case it causes offence) from "Gold Save The Queen" to "Good as Gold" WTF!

Let's hope John Lydon doesn't discover and market the secret of eternal yoof as the QVC prissy PC police wouldn't be able to cope! Anyone find "Gold Save the Queen" in anyway offensive? Never mind second guessing how others might see it, seriously is it a problem?

I know, I really should get out more, but it was bugging me!

And just to be even more stupid - QVC renamed it to the same name Leighton used for a cuticle treatment which contained gold and is in a former TSV set still visible on QVC http://www.qvcuk.com/Leighton-Denny-9-Piece-Front-Row-Fashion-Nailcare-Collection.product.209079.html
1 x Good As Gold Cuticle Treatment (12ml) - NEW. Designed to hydrate dried-out nails while restoring tired cuticles, this new formula is blended with luxurious micro-particles of gold

... you couldn't make it up!

They fiddle around with so much though, don't they? It is like dresses when the brand ambassador says the purple and the Q host says we are calling it the black multi....

They fiddle around with so much though, don't they? It is like dresses when the brand ambassador says the purple and the Q host says we are calling it the black multi....

They've clearly never heard the KISS advice! Keep It Simple... Stupid!

But no - QVC have to second-guess their brands have done their homework... or have to mess up perfectly good product names to enable their clunker of a warehouse system to cope.

Yes - you are right... It was niggling me...

Digest of the full story below... and timing was wrong - it was in celebration of Leighton's MBE that he did the collection:

I know, I really should get out more, but it was bugging me!

And just to be even more stupid - QVC renamed it to the same name Leighton used for a cuticle treatment which contained gold and is in a former TSV set still visible on QVC http://www.qvcuk.com/Leighton-Denny-9-Piece-Front-Row-Fashion-Nailcare-Collection.product.209079.html

... you couldn't make it up!

Well done! I did think it was further back than two years. I actually have the polish (dark gold glitter) and treatment!

I struggle with where and how to store my candles. I'm onto my umpteenth plan... the problem is they are both bulky and heavy... and with them being in glass, they are also very hazardous if you don't store them correctly. And they are not cheap, even at the best discount prices, so you don't want to damage them and not be able to use them as intended.

During the summer I've had the mainly in storage boxes in my living room, but they can't stay there in the window (next to the radiator) when the central heating goes back on. Thing is, if they are not accessible, it becomes too much of a hassle to get them out and burn them... which is really the whole point.

I suspect I may be doing a little shopping in Lakeland - those shopping bags look ideal!

I find this a problem generally. To enable you to use and enjoy your stuff it needs to be out really, but I don't like clutter, so am always tidying stuff away and then forgetting I've got it! Bulky, heavy and fragile is a particularly tricky combo for storage, though.

I find this a problem generally. To enable you to use and enjoy your stuff it needs to be out really, but I don't like clutter, so am always tidying stuff away and then forgetting I've got it! Bulky, heavy and fragile is a particularly tricky combo for storage, though.

So true. Being a collector or hoarder and having a tidy mind is a difficult mix! Apart from candles (which I'm determined to get under control somehow), my other big storage problems are shoes and handbags. Even though I haven't bought anywhere near as many of either in the past year or so as I used to, storage is a massive problem. It seems impossible to store them in a way that protects them but doesn't stop me finding them when I want them ... in fact, I forget what I've got so might as well not have half of them at all! The only solution, I'm sure, would be a properly designed dressing room. And a shelved candle room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back