New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything re the now very overdue second drop of the WJ candles with Christmas in Paris etc? I think someone mentioned in another post that 4th October was a possibility but my account still shows awaiting stock - bit of a first world problem I know, but Q are just so rubbish at fulfilling AD orders!!!!!

I did, I said that!!! I have not rung them again. IIRC they said the 4th or 5th. I was assured :)mysmilie_19:) that despite this being a month late, and the fact that under their procedures they cancel ADs which are a month late, this would not happen as they have a date for anticipated receipt.

I did, I said that!!! I have not rung them again. IIRC they said the 4th or 5th. I was assured :)mysmilie_19:) that despite this being a month late, and the fact that under their procedures they cancel ADs which are a month late, this would not happen as they have a date for anticipated receipt.

Hooray, my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, thanks for confirming and fingers crossed re this drop as I'm busting to smell Christmas in Paris as it sounds lush!!!!!

I like it. I burned that and a red one called something like North Pole as my Xmas candles last year.

I like it. I burned that and a red one called something like North Pole as my Xmas candles last year.

I burned Peppermint Bark and Cranberry Chutney - I love those minty Christmas candles, Candy Cane Lane is also yummy :) my favourite Christmas candle is Red Berry & Cedar

It was North Pole Magic. I had that set as well - the third one was Italian Christmas Biscotti - and what a lovely set it was.

Yes, I burned the biscotti one straight after, it was very nice and not like "vanilla cupcake" which for me is the ultimate cakey no-no. I love the fresh winter ones which have that element of peppermint going on. Jack Frost used to be a smasher, and Sparkling Snow.

So true. Being a collector or hoarder and having a tidy mind is a difficult mix! Apart from candles (which I'm determined to get under control somehow), my other big storage problems are shoes and handbags. Even though I haven't bought anywhere near as many of either in the past year or so as I used to, storage is a massive problem. It seems impossible to store them in a way that protects them but doesn't stop me finding them when I want them ... in fact, I forget what I've got so might as well not have half of them at all! The only solution, I'm sure, would be a properly designed dressing room. And a shelved candle room!

What a dream that would be!

I remember when I was growing up we had a number of deeper cupboards in our house, designed by my dad. My gran's wardrobe was the best of these. It had double doors then you walked in and there were cubbyhole shelves ahead of you, high shelving round in a sort of "U" shape, hanging rails each side of the "U" and then more cubbyholes around the bottom of the "U" for shoes... He was of the generation of dads that didn't really make a fuss and tell you they loved you... but all the thoughtful things he designed and then made shouted his love for us all far louder. I wish I had had that insight when I was younger, but I treasure the knowledge now.

I can imagine he would have had a field day designing something for all my makeup stash, my candles, my books, my shoes, my handbags etc...

What a dream that would be!

I remember when I was growing up we had a number of deeper cupboards in our house, designed by my dad. My gran's wardrobe was the best of these. It had double doors then you walked in and there were cubbyhole shelves ahead of you, high shelving round in a sort of "U" shape, hanging rails each side of the "U" and then more cubbyholes around the bottom of the "U" for shoes... He was of the generation of dads that didn't really make a fuss and tell you they loved you... but all the thoughtful things he designed and then made shouted his love for us all far louder. I wish I had had that insight when I was younger, but I treasure the knowledge now.

I can imagine he would have had a field day designing something for all my makeup stash, my candles, my books, my shoes, my handbags etc...

Aw, this made me a bit tearful - what you said about your dear dad and the relationship, as well as reminding me of my own dad who was very practical too. He would have loved to have been given the challenge of my storage. (I miss him for lots of other reasons too, of course.) Your gran's wardrobe sounds fantastic!

So true. Being a collector or hoarder and having a tidy mind is a difficult mix! Apart from candles (which I'm determined to get under control somehow), my other big storage problems are shoes and handbags. Even though I haven't bought anywhere near as many of either in the past year or so as I used to, storage is a massive problem. It seems impossible to store them in a way that protects them but doesn't stop me finding them when I want them ... in fact, I forget what I've got so might as well not have half of them at all! The only solution, I'm sure, would be a properly designed dressing room. And a shelved candle room!

That would be amazing!!

Hooray, my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, thanks for confirming and fingers crossed re this drop as I'm busting to smell Christmas in Paris as it sounds lush!!!!!

It does! Are the WJ only available in the UK through QVC?

I am yearning for Ebony &Oak, Honey Clementine, Autumn Nights and, going against my usual stance on foodie ones but hoping it will be quite tart, Rhubarb Crumble.

Have chased re WJ some days ago and they reckoned an ETA of around 04/10. I hope they come, but am not exactly desperate for more stock!!!!

:mysmilie_59:

Started my Rhubarb Crumble votive tonight, and I like it. I'd say the rhubarb is more fruity than tart, as it's softened by the smell of the crumble topping (which is a bit vanilla-y, so might not be for you!) It's very authentic and smells a lot like the real thing. I don't like foodie fragrances, I like fresh and light florals, but can happily burn this one. Obviously it might be more overpowering in a large jar, though.

Are the WJ only available in the UK through QVC?

Happily there are other outlets that are selling some fragrances.

http://www.yankee.co.uk/search/large%20tumbler/search.aspx or the sister site http://www.candlesdirect.com/search/large%20tumbler/search.aspx - same prices, so doesn't matter which you choose.
Also http://www.yankeedirect.com/find/?x=0&y=0&search=large+tumbler
Or http://www.yankeedoodle.co.uk/search/large%20tumbler/search.aspx

They are all showing the same prices, with the same level of discount. Not sure if any of them are planning to "break ranks" and start a price war anytime soon...

I just bought the four Autumn Uk scents. Funnily enough the one I am least keen on is Honey Clementine which I expected to love. I just like it. I am sure I will pair it up nicely though! Rhubarb crumble I liked and the other two are right up my alley. So what with all the matching tarts and tea lights it was quite a box!

I also bought the arrow design silver illuma lids (which Q feature in some sets) and how nice are they??!! I use the flat brass ones with a YC jar design but much prefer the silver ones and think they will look gorgeois darling on a white jar.

All the Lakeland bags are now in use! One for WJ, two for pairs, one for singletons awaiting their other half. At this rate I shall have to drag the recycling trio into candle use. They are very nice bags though, far too good for recycling so I bought some mini bins from Argos! Two for £15, excellent.

I checked order status again today and the WJ AD is still awaiting stock. At least it isn't cancelled yet!

PS I got a bit fed up waiting for the Autumn collection jars on Q as it will soon be the Xmas scents they are pushing. Also, their stock of items has gone down to around 82 so what with the last and current AD delays, it seems as if there are logistical problems.

I just bought the four Autumn Uk scents. Funnily enough the one I am least keen on is Honey Clementine which I expected to love. I just like it. I am sure I will pair it up nicely though! Rhubarb crumble I liked and the other two are right up my alley. So what with all the matching tarts and tea lights it was quite a box!

I also bought the arrow design silver illuma lids (which Q feature in some sets) and how nice are they??!! I use the flat brass ones with a YC jar design but much prefer the silver ones and think they will look gorgeois darling on a white jar.

All the Lakeland bags are now in use! One for WJ, two for pairs, one for singletons awaiting their other half. At this rate I shall have to drag the recycling trio into candle use. They are very nice bags though, far too good for recycling so I bought some mini bins from Argos! Two for £15, excellent.

I checked order status again today and the WJ AD is still awaiting stock. At least it isn't cancelled yet!

Any chance of a pic of your collection???? It sounds amazing!!!!

PS I got a bit fed up waiting for the Autumn collection jars on Q as it will soon be the Xmas scents they are pushing. Also, their stock of items has gone down to around 82 so what with the last and current AD delays, it seems as if there are logistical problems.

Any chance of a pic of your collection???? It sounds amazing!!!!

I too would like to see a photo (or two, as I suspect you'd need a very wide angle lens otherwise!). I am too embarrassed to publish pics of my stored collection because everyone would honestly think I lived in a dodgy lockup!

I noticed the stock on QVC keeps fluctuating as well. Several months ago, it was always about 110 items, suddenly went down to about 60 and as recently as last week it was over 100 again. Sadly, the ones they remove from the main list don't end up as fantastic bargains in clearance - 10% off if you're lucky.

God No!!! It is not on display in a - beautifully colour coordinated - shelved unit! Some are rammed into a shelf in my wardrobe (fighting for space with the beauty stash) and the rest are in the trusty bags on the floor!!

PS I ordered mine through Temptation Gifts and paid £3 for the courier to bring the next day. They didn't come so I fired off an email last night and rang this morning. Well firstly, how pleasant were they! Secondly, at 9.00 ish, the chap said oh my colleague is just on the phone to the courier company so we will get back to you as soon as. Which they did and when I said it would be tricky if before 1.00 on Thurs or Friday, the woman rang the courier again to see what they could do, and refunded postage. Then when she heard it was in fact on its way, she rang to tell me and emailed tracking links. How good is that!!!!!!!

I'm glad you liked the Rhubarb Crumble one, I'd hoped you might as it sounds like we have quite similar taste! I liked the Honey Clementine, but know what you mean, it wasn't really fresh and citrusy was it? They're two smells I really love, too. Autumn Nights was my favourite of the four. Didn't like Ebony and Oak at all, unfortunately. So, if you burn them in chronological order, have you got to wait until you've got through your stash to reach these ones, or do they come under seasonal exceptions? I would never have the discipline to do that.

I, too, frequently give up waiting for Q to get things in stock. It's for precisely that reason that, although I get through masses of L'Occitane, I hardly ever buy from them anymore. They've rarely got the latest releases (although have improved a bit lately, to be fair), and very seldom at a saving. The Scenterpiece flew out months ago, and Stephen said it would be back in August. I held out for Q for quite a long time, purely because I thought it'd be handy on that particular item to be able to return it used, but have subsequently given up and asked for it for my birthday. My Mum got me the Elizabeth one with Snow in Love and Fluffy Towels melt cups. Can't wait to crack it open!

I too would like to see a photo (or two, as I suspect you'd need a very wide angle lens otherwise!). I am too embarrassed to publish pics of my stored collection because everyone would honestly think I lived in a dodgy lockup!

I noticed the stock on QVC keeps fluctuating as well. Several months ago, it was always about 110 items, suddenly went down to about 60 and as recently as last week it was over 100 again. Sadly, the ones they remove from the main list don't end up as fantastic bargains in clearance - 10% off if you're lucky.

I've never understood why Q offer such pathetic discounts on items, even when they're in Last Clicks. I always assumed that it must be because they take everything on a sale or return basis, but recently read that this is not the case. I don't understand how it makes good business sense for them, but I could say that about most of their practices!

I wonder if the Autumn ones will be on today? Usually when they do the AD TSV in jars at the beginning of the year, we get the Autumn ones in JULY! Still no sign by end September this year. Perhaps they are not bothering with the UK scents any more but concentrating on Portrait and US. It all seems very odd to me.

I agree Honey Clementine is not at all light and citrusy, nor as sweet as Honey Glow was. Thinking about it now, it reminds me more of a pretty strong marmalade.

I can't remember which Yankee thread we were talking about the World Joureys AD second drop so am adding it in here. I rang them today and was told it is still expected and has not been cancelled. The original delayed date was 5/10 but they hope within the next few days. So you never know!

I asked him to take a look at The Vineyard AD and that is still showing as live. It isn't due for a couple of weeks+ but at least it isn't flagged as a disaster so far. The second drop was two weeks late IIRC.

There is a new Christmas trio in from the Portrait range. 705920 contains Snowman, Christmas Candy and Cookie Swap. £34.92 plus £5.95 postage.

I would be tempted except I must take stash limitation action (having just ordered the Winter UK fragrances straight after the Autumn ones, and hopefully have the Felix Navidad drop in the Vineyard AD to come). Secondly, although they say they are new scents, and they might well vary from range to range, I did a have cookie swap in an Artisan range once and it was that Christmas cookie/vanilla cupcake scent-tastic. So I have not ordered, but it was hard, LOL . Stephen did say the Snowman , which I thought might be like Jack Frost, was like Season of Peace. I wondered if the red one would be a Christmas Eve type but I don't think he said that, but it was getting late and I have forgotten. Sorry! PS JUst checked, he said it was like sparkling cinnamon except with cloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back