New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a new Christmas trio in from the Portrait range. 705920 contains Snowman, Christmas Candy and Cookie Swap. £34.92 plus £5.95 postage.

I would be tempted except I must take stash limitation action (having just ordered the Winter UK fragrances straight after the Autumn ones, and hopefully have the Felix Navidad drop in the Vineyard AD to come). Secondly, although they say they are new scents, and they might well vary from range to range, I did a have cookie swap in an Artisan range once and it was that Christmas cookie/vanilla cupcake scent-tastic. So I have not ordered, but it was hard, LOL . Stephen did say the Snowman , which I thought might be like Jack Frost, was like Season of Peace. I wondered if the red one would be a Christmas Eve type but I don't think he said that, but it was getting late and I have forgotten. Sorry! PS JUst checked, he said it was like sparkling cinnamon except with cloves.

:mysmilie_59:

i had details of those & lots of others but as they wernt live on the web i never posted them

There is a new Christmas trio in from the Portrait range. 705920 contains Snowman, Christmas Candy and Cookie Swap. £34.92 plus £5.95 postage.

I would be tempted except I must take stash limitation action (having just ordered the Winter UK fragrances straight after the Autumn ones, and hopefully have the Felix Navidad drop in the Vineyard AD to come). Secondly, although they say they are new scents, and they might well vary from range to range, I did a have cookie swap in an Artisan range once and it was that Christmas cookie/vanilla cupcake scent-tastic. So I have not ordered, but it was hard, LOL . Stephen did say the Snowman , which I thought might be like Jack Frost, was like Season of Peace. I wondered if the red one would be a Christmas Eve type but I don't think he said that, but it was getting late and I have forgotten. Sorry! PS JUst checked, he said it was like sparkling cinnamon except with cloves.

"stash limitation action" - LOVE IT!!!!

Chloe had to announce that there was trouble on the website with ordering this trio. Great stuff QVC... doesn't anyone ever check this sort of thing out before going to air? You know, getting the basics right?... Silly me - of course not!!

Just spotted on one of the YC websites that there is a Christmas World Journeys candle - North Pole Magic. Is this in any of the QVC AD sets?

Just spotted on one of the YC websites that there is a Christmas World Journeys candle - North Pole Magic. Is this in any of the QVC AD sets?

It was last year, yes. I got it with Christmas in Paris and Italian Christmas Biscotti. It doesn't seem to be available now.

I have just received my UK Winter large jars and have had a cold sniff, and the jars are very cold.

All is Bright. As they said, surprisingly citrus. More grapefruit than the usual lemon, to me.
Star Anise and Orange. Very star anise. I like it, hope it will go with honey clementine!
Macaron Treats. Was worried about this but not like vanilla cupcake at all. Light, a bit like Bakery Air.
Festive Cocktail. It seemed very odd to me to stick a sprig of pine in a cocktail so unsure what to expect. I thought at first it reminded me of Christmas Eve but I have a CE melt and seems to have more clove. So I think perhaps it is like the retired Happy Christmas used to be.

Report concluded. Will not be burning this year that's for sure!

I have just received my UK Winter large jars and have had a cold sniff, and the jars are very cold.

All is Bright. As they said, surprisingly citrus. More grapefruit than the usual lemon, to me.
Star Anise and Orange. Very star anise. I like it, hope it will go with honey clementine!
Macaron Treats. Was worried about this but not like vanilla cupcake at all. Light, a bit like Bakery Air.
Festive Cocktail. It seemed very odd to me to stick a sprig of pine in a cocktail so unsure what to expect. I thought at first it reminded me of Christmas Eve but I have a CE melt and seems to have more clove. So I think perhaps it is like the retired Happy Christmas used to be.

Report concluded. Will not be burning this year that's for sure!

I have smeltvthese in a shop and was not at all impressed by these"festive" scents. They don't smell festive at all to me. The packaging on All is Bright is lovely but the scent very citrusy not Christmasy at all. The Festive Cocktail was ok but just reminded come too much of last cheats Berry Trifle. I can safely say I won't be bothering with any of these and will just use up what I have.

I too am a little underwhelmed by this years festive fragrances. I'm burning a Festive Cocktail melt cup in my Scenterpiece right now and I do like it, but it doesn't scream Christmas like previous festive fragrances have. I'm definitely struggling to get much pine from it.

It's nice, but it feels more like a fruit scent that's suitable for the colder months (I tend to burn fruit scents in spring/summer) rather than a festive scent. Reminds me of Ribena made with warm water!

The negative feedback on new fragrances is music to my ears - I have enough jars from last Christmas to use and can do without more temptation. I like the sound of Star Anise though ....

The macaron fragrance is awful. It's like a much stronger version of snowflake cookie which I didn't love. They are really disappointing. I love to buy a new festive fragrance each year but it looks like I won't be doing this year. I am glad I stocked up on melts in the sales last year, I have loads of candy cane lane and seasons of peace.

The macaron fragrance is awful. It's like a much stronger version of snowflake cookie which I didn't love. They are really disappointing. I love to buy a new festive fragrance each year but it looks like I won't be doing this year. I am glad I stocked up on melts in the sales last year, I have loads of candy cane lane and seasons of peace.

Oh Season Of Peace is one of my favourites. I bought ten(!) melts of it last Christmas when it was on offer at my local Yankee shop. Really pleased I did as now I have an Scenterpiece I can stick two of them in there in an old empty cup and get a massive throw. Such a relaxing fragrance, if you can say such a thing of a fragrance! :)

I'm pleased with the melt cups this Winter as they've brought out Christmas Cookie and Snow in Love (my absolute favourite) which seem hard to find in other forms.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Autumn ones will be on today? Usually when they do the AD TSV in jars at the beginning of the year, we get the Autumn ones in JULY! Still no sign by end September this year. Perhaps they are not bothering with the UK scents any more but concentrating on Portrait and US. It all seems very odd to me.

I agree Honey Clementine is not at all light and citrusy, nor as sweet as Honey Glow was. Thinking about it now, it reminds me more of a pretty strong marmalade.

I really hope this isn't the case, as the large housewarmer jars are the only area of QVC's Yankee portfolio that represents a really worthwhile saving. As you all know, they're really expensive to buy elsewhere individually now. Must admit, I'm a bit confused with which ones are which with all the new labels, most of which look like they've been knocked up in clipart and run off on someone's PC! I know Stephen says that they are exactly the same, but my cynical brain tells me that they wouldn't be cheaper if that was the case! There was a very helpful post on here about the new ranges / labels a while back, but I can't find it now. How do you Yankee connoisseurs think they compare? I fancied the Sweet Mandarin and Ocean Treasures jars, but the reviews were mixed.

I have smeltvthese in a shop and was not at all impressed by these"festive" scents. They don't smell festive at all to me. The packaging on All is Bright is lovely but the scent very citrusy not Christmasy at all. The Festive Cocktail was ok but just reminded come too much of last cheats Berry Trifle. I can safely say I won't be bothering with any of these and will just use up what I have.

I really like All is Bright, but agree that it isn't festive. Festive Cocktail smells a bit more seasonal to me, but not as Christmassy as previous fragrances. My favourites are Christmas Eve, Bundle Up, and Season of Peace. Was surprised at how much I liked Berry Trifle, too, not generally being a lover of the foodie fragrances. There were some others I liked in my advent calendar last year, but would have to look them up.

Oh Season Of Peace is one of my favourites. I bought ten(!) melts of it last Christmas when it was on offer at my local Yankee shop. Really pleased I did as now I have an Scenterpiece I can stick two of them in there in an old empty cup and get a massive throw. Such a relaxing fragrance, if you can say such a thing of a fragrance! :)

I'm pleased with the melt cups this Winter as they've brought out Christmas Cookie and Snow in Love (my absolute favourite) which seem hard to find in other forms.

I recently got a Scenterpiece for my birthday, and one of the melt cups I got given with it was Snow in Love, will look forward to trying it! That's a great tip about using the empty cups for melts, I had been wondering if that would work.

The QVC candles are a bit of a mixed bag, but it does seem that they're not usually in much of a rush with the UK fragrances, and I suspect that it is because piggy-backing on the US fragrances gets them a better discount as they get a slice of the whopping purchases by QVC US... Generally speaking if they have offers which are joint with US they either get a better price for us the customer, or they get a better margin themselves (hopefully both). Anyone remember the Nails Inc London collection - 10 bottles of nail varnish for about £20? That was done with QVC US.

I would imagine that we can expect to see more US exclusives and treasures at the lower prices, and any UK sets they do will be pricier.

At present, though, I have just re-housed all my candles - out of their numerous boxes and onto a nice wide deep shelf, and there is no room for any more purchases ... after the floral ones I couldn't resist last week (not a special on-air promotion - the Pretty Petal one with the Lily, Plumeria and Sweet Pea).

I have an in-built resistance to their £50 sets as by the time you add in the P&P you're not far short of the retail prices... and at least in the shops you can choose which ones you have rather than having QVC's choice of the three scents. It's still very frustrating when you see scents you particularly admire and keeping your fingers crossed that the set might be subject to an OTO or similar.

I don't think Q US sell Yankee Candles anymore. YC probably have a pretty slick operation in the US and they have good sales too so perhaps don't need them. I got that pink petals set, lovely!

I agree these new scents aren't festive as we mean it. Stephen said they were holiday party scents. Festive Cocktail is the most like Christmas but the other three could burn any time of year.

I recently got a Scenterpiece for my birthday, and one of the melt cups I got given with it was Snow in Love, will look forward to trying it! That's a great tip about using the empty cups for melts, I had been wondering if that would work.

To me Snow in Love does not smell like Christmas but smells like a strong perfume, and cannot for the life of me think which one. It is the only so called Christmas one I actually like and burn throughout the year.

I don't think Q US sell Yankee Candles anymore. YC probably have a pretty slick operation in the US and they have good sales too so perhaps don't need them. I got that pink petals set, lovely!

I agree these new scents aren't festive as we mean it. Stephen said they were holiday party scents. Festive Cocktail is the most like Christmas but the other three could burn any time of year.

Gosh, yes, you're right QVCUS don't now stock YC!

Looking at the prices on the other QVC sites which do sell YC, we have much cheaper prices here in UK.

Yankee Candle Set of 2 Holiday Party Large Jars with Shade & Tray
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706429

Yankee Candle Set of 2 Festive Large Jars & Winter Glimmer Holder
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706430

Yankee Candle 51 Piece Starry Winter Nights T-lights Selection & Star Holders
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706432

Yankee Candle Set of 3 New Harvest Time Large Jars Feature Price £39.96 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706565

Yankee Candle Set of 2 Treasures Rainbow's End Large Jars £33 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706569

I've had a candletastic couple of days. Sunday went shopping and came back with YC Christmas Garland large jar (with a large WoodWick Fireside candle put aside as a Christmas present to me from my bro)... Today went to Boundary Mills and bought 2x World Journeys Christmas in Paris for under £9 each, and 1x WJ Arctic Glacier which was a bit more... Mountain Lodge large jar, and Orange Clove large jar - that's my Christmas scenting completely wrapped up. I've also just succumbed to the Rainbows End duo.

Most of the multipart sets QVC are doing at present I've smelt most of the fragrances and cannot stomach at least one of the candles, so won't be tempted... for example the harvest time one - I love making and eating rhubarb crumble, but the candle smells horrible to me. Don't mind Honey Clementine but it's not a wow for me.

The festive jars with the winter glimmer holder - the scents appeal, but I want to see the glimmer holder to see if the price is justified.

I've had a candletastic couple of days. Sunday went shopping and came back with YC Christmas Garland large jar (with a large WoodWick Fireside candle put aside as a Christmas present to me from my bro)... Today went to Boundary Mills and bought 2x World Journeys Christmas in Paris for under £9 each, and 1x WJ Arctic Glacier which was a bit more... Mountain Lodge large jar, and Orange Clove large jar - that's my Christmas scenting completely wrapped up. I've also just succumbed to the Rainbows End duo.

Most of the multipart sets QVC are doing at present I've smelt most of the fragrances and cannot stomach at least one of the candles, so won't be tempted... for example the harvest time one - I love making and eating rhubarb crumble, but the candle smells horrible to me. Don't mind Honey Clementine but it's not a wow for me.

The festive jars with the winter glimmer holder - the scents appeal, but I want to see the glimmer holder to see if the price is justified.

Ooh, that sounds a lovely selection!! :mysmilie_14: I really like the sound of the Christmas in Paris one, but haven't seen it for less than about £23. Love Christmas Garland, and fancied the Mountain Lodge one, too. The set with the glimmer holder in has my nemesis in it, Christmas Memories!! We picked up a couple of medium jars in the sale at the Yankee shop last week (can't remember whether I posted about this or not, as I frequently type posts out then decide not to bother!), Cosy by the Fire and Snow in Love, for £22. Also got to smell the other two Christmas 2016 candles, Star Anise and Orange and Macaron Treats, neither of which were my cup of tea at all. Would like to get Bundle Up and Christmas Eve for the festive period, as I thought the other two were more Winter candles than specifically festive. Was quite tempted by the Yankee OTO yesterday, and isn't there a Yankee Christmas TSV coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back