Nicky Clarke TSV 25/10/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He certainly took well (not) to the presenter reminding him he’d been in the business for 55 years, I think. Still, she’s not known for engaging brain before mouth and certainly not to a man with a picture in the attic, and with hair several decades younger than he is. He does look good, though, for a man who must be in his mid-70s

His hair looked a tad too thick to be all his own and on my tv an unnatural yellow blond. Did they do any close ups of his face? Maybe he asked them not to. Someone can admit themelves how long they've been working in their field, but doesn't want to hear it from someone else who says, "I've been a fan of yours since I was about ten". A comment like that deserves a withering look.

Well, as a man with a very shiny head, I can only say he does have the most magnificent head of hair for a man of his years. How he has maintained it, God knows. But some men are naturally blessed with keeping good heads of hair throughout their life, almost. Look at old Ken Barlow, for example. As for the rest of him, I can’t be too sure. Very few close-ups of him last night as has been said already.

He certainly took well (not) to the presenter reminding him he’d been in the business for 55 years, I think. Still, she’s not known for engaging brain before mouth and certainly not to a man with a picture in the attic, and with hair several decades younger than he is. He does look good, though, for a man who must be in his mid-70s
Picture in the attic?

I remember seeing a tv programme about him and his ex wife, Beverly. She was launching a skincare range in Boots, and he was the first person to charge £500 for a cut and blow dry!
Beverley is also on QVC selling Braun products. They were quite famous, back in the days of celebrity hairdressers!

I actually like the guy. He had a difficult start in life, if what you read is correct. He has essentially been the master of his own success. No rich parents to help him, or posh school to educate him. He strikes me as extraordinarily hard-working. He also comes across as appreciative of his success, and a humble and kind individual. You have to admire people like him who basically start something from scratch that becomes extraordinarily successful with very little external help initially, other from their own hard work. He isn’t sitting there like some celebrities do on that channel, claiming to have created product ranges that you feel are only achieved with the significant help of people outside of themselves. Using their name made in another field to give instant kudos to their new project. Whereas his ’name’ and his ‘brand’ were driven by him alone.

Well, as a man with a very shiny head, I can only say he does have the most magnificent head of hair for a man of his years. How he has maintained it, God knows. But some men are naturally blessed with keeping good heads of hair throughout their life, almost. Look at old Ken Barlow, for example. As for the rest of him, I can’t be too sure. Very few close-ups of him last night as has been said already.
👩‍🦲 - Duke, you'll save a fortune. Haircuts don't come cheap these days ;)

CC

I saw these only when they were at the Advanced Order stage. I will be on holiday when they would arrive and my delivery people tend to leave parcels in odd places !

Latest posts

Back