Ninja TSV 09/04/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did they actually explain all the buttons and what they do, in other worfds, how to OPERATE the machine? They didn't bother last time, just showed the food they'd cooked in it, it was a useless demo.

"I wouldn't bother with any other brand than Ninja for a blender," the extraordinarily annoying child presenter pronounces. Really? Isn't that similar to saying I wouldn't bother with any other supermarket than Tesco? I didn't think presenters were allowed to bad mouth rival manufacturers by implication on television? Back to Literally World..

"I wouldn't bother with any other brand than Ninja for a blender," the extraordinarily annoying child presenter pronounces. Really? Isn't that similar to saying I wouldn't bother with any other supermarket than Tesco? I didn't think presenters were allowed to bad mouth rival manufacturers by implication on television? Back to Literally World..
I would've thought that the BA's would be ok to say something like that, but the presenters need to remain impartial. Of course they all say I've got one of these and I love it, and I guess that's ok just so long as they're not telling us it's the only one they've got and the only one they'll use.
I did have a Ninja mini processor many moons ago and it was pretty good, but for small kitchen appliances I tend to go for things from the Magic Bullet stable as they tend to be a lot cheaper and work pretty well for me. I recently bought a magic bullet air fryer and whilst it wouldn't be any good for a big family, for me and oh it's perfect.

I would've thought that the BA's would be ok to say something like that, but the presenters need to remain impartial. Of course they all say I've got one of these and I love it, and I guess that's ok just so long as they're not telling us it's the only one they've got and the only one they'll use.
I did have a Ninja mini processor many moons ago and it was pretty good, but for small kitchen appliances I tend to go for things from the Magic Bullet stable as they tend to be a lot cheaper and work pretty well for me. I recently bought a magic bullet air fryer and whilst it wouldn't be any good for a big family, for me and oh it's perfect.
I thought they had to be careful in using a negative implication against a rival or rivals when singing the praises of the make they are currently demonstrating? She could have raised it differently and said something along the lines of this is the only brand that I consider, then giving her reasons. Rather than the more overtly negative and blanket association she used by suggesting, by implication, that all other brands are not as good. I thought she came across as extremely inexperienced and not well skilled in what she should and shouldn't say while presenting goods for sale. This clearly would be an issue for the training that she's had before she appears on QVC. I don't think you would ever find one of the more experienced QVC presenters saying what she said this morning in the way she said it. Yet another example of the channel taking on youth to appeal to an audience well past the first flush of it.

I think most of the cooked food is recycled from one presentation to the next.
The stuff I saw today look like it had been recycled from another week. The stuffed loaf of bread was definitely cold and it looked absolutely disgusting!

The stuff I saw today look like it had been recycled from another week. The stuffed loaf of bread was definitely cold and it looked absolutely disgusting!
The BA for Ninja often tears up a loaf of what looks like brioche and tips a container full of cooked prawns, heads and all, over it. I would eat the prawns, but not the bread that would surely taste of fish. Is this a well known British recipe, or an idea of her own making?

The BA for Ninja often tears up a loaf of what looks like brioche and tips a container full of cooked prawns, heads and all, over it. I would eat the prawns, but not the bread that would surely taste of fish. Is this a well known British recipe, or an idea of her own making?
Where's the 🤮 when you need it?

The demo was pi..very poor. I only saw one, as the childish presenter in a Burlington frock was due back in primary school for detention for crimes against ears soon after. The ‘chef’ (Force Nine Wind, I think her name is) who fell out of the literally tree and hit every branch on the way down, literally was about as entertaining as an attack of burst hae..haem..piles). As somebody mentioned earlier, not even attempting to explain how the thing works. Just the usual platitudinous rubbish (a la laughing boy Hohbein), and nothing of any practical benefit whatsoever. The food looked like it had just been loaned from a People’s Friend photo shoot from 1973, and probably smelt just as rank.

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo was pi..very poor. I only saw one, as the childish presenter in a Burlington frock was due back in primary school for detention for crimes against ears soon after. The ‘chef’ (Force Nine Wind, I think her name is) who fell out of the literally tree and hit every branch on the way down, literally was about as entertaining as an attack of burst hae..haem..piles). As somebody mentioned earlier, not even attempting to explain how the thing works. Just the usual platitudinous rubbish (a la laughing boy Hohbein), and nothing of any practical benefit whatsoever. The food looked like it had just been loaned from a People’s Friend photo shoot from 1973, and probably smelt just as rank.
Thanks for the laugh, Duke. Literally.

Latest posts

Back