Nintendo dsi tsv 15th of december

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just read this in QGossip

Nintendo return to QVC with the DSi
After the success of the Wii package on QVC a few weeks ago, Nintendo is returning with their hugely popular hand-held DSi console on Tuesday 15th December.

The system features a built-in camera and microphone with a host of features for you and your friends to play around with. Plus, we'll be throwing in fun extras with this Today's Special Value package, including a couple of games to get you started!

Visit the qvcuk.com website on Tuesday to get this Today's Special Value - delivered in time for Christmas!

Ooohhh, this sounds like fun! Are the DSi's worth the money or are they stuck in a drawer a week after Christmas?

I play on my DSi almost daily.

My favourite game is Dr. Reiner Knizia's Brainbenders (think that's what it's called).
I've never used the camera function though.

Great minds again Perdita, LOL.

My favourites are Rio De Janeiro - Carnival, Beijing - Mosaic, Tokyo - Sumo Square
Haven't yet mastered Machu Picchu, Sydney or Cape Town.

I like the card games in Vegas and Gridlock in New York.

I also like the Touchmaster games. Keeps the old grey matter ticking over...:D

We have 3 DS's in this house and they all get used constantly . My youngest wants the DSi but I only got his DS for him last January so I don't think it's worth trading up for his age group (7). Certainly not left in a drawer here of with any of our friends-in fact the kids love to get together and go on the 'chat' function too (can't remember what it's called.)

i live in a DS house and i think i am prolly the most addicted. i take it with me everywhere from the bath to the dr.s waiting room. i love prof. layton games, pokemon and my standard fall back game is sid meyers civ's. my son wants a DSI but he only got his latest DS for xmas last year (his 3rd! the hinges are pants!) so he will have to start saving up for it. i may contribute if i can have his DS as mine is starting to get a bit worn at the edges lol

My daughters hinges went on her white DS during the summer. If it had been under two years old I think it would have been covered by them but as it wasn't it cost £50 for the repair.
I did a search on the net and it appeared to be a common problem, more so among white DS's.

whats the difference between a dsi, ds and ds lite? I'm a game virgin but willing to have a go

the orig. DS wasnt on the market for very long before the DS Lite arrived. this was a slimmer and much improved version. You can play the old GBA (game boy advance) games on both of these as well as the normal DS games.

On the DSI there is a camera and special games for the DSI, you can browse the net with it (wifi) but there isnt a GBA slot. There is an online nintendo shop for downloading GBA games tho. The screen is larger than the DS lite but the shape is basically the same. The charger has a different size so any extra chargers that people have for the DS lite will not fit the new DSI but you can buy double charges for both the ds lite and the DSI.

There may be other specs that i dont know about but i am sure someone will chip in with them. good luck

The DSi has extra's such as microphone, camera, bigger screen etc...

The battery does not last as long as the DS tho something to be wary of , if you dont need gimmics like the microphone or camera go for the cheaper DS

BTW you can get cartridges for them that you pop memory cards into so you can use "special games" ive got 100 games loaded onto mine at the moment, i just drag and drop them off the PC when i want to change them

The DS lite that i got for my son last xmas was a bundle with a special edition DS, an R4 memory card, 2 Cd's pre loaded with 200 games (about 50% were new/newish releases including the first prof. layton that was selling at the time at Play for 58 euros), extra screen films, extra pens, a holder, a USB charger and a few other bits and bobs for 150 quid. As the prices have come down since then anyone should be able to get a good DS Lite bundle for quite a bit less.

A word of warning about the memory cards, they can die on you without warning. its the luck of the draw. mine(the one from my son's bundle) is still fine and dandy but my son is on his second one. a friend of his has had 3 TTDS cards in the last 18 months. Luckily these too have come down in price over the last year. I just got one (the full set not just the card)on ebay for my niece for 10 quid.

TDSS are to be avoided there are lot of fakes about and some have known to break the DS, you can get the cards for around £3 delivered if you know where to look

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back