No more OPI for me!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Used Nail Envy for years with minimum results. Switched to essie grow stronger and after a month my nails have never been better. Can't believe it, and all the wasted time!

I don't rate OPI. Their nail varnish doesn't stay on anywhere near as long as Leighton or Malvala.

Whilst I'm having a whinge the two OPI guests get right up my nose, especially the one who does the nails.

I agree, I never wear OPI polishes. I get my nails done and always chose LD or Creative (CND) over OPI. I find OPI chips so quickly compared to some of the others.

I don't use any polish, if I have my nails done once in a blue moon I opt for a french polish.

I had a bottle of nail envy once. My nails got so hard they became brittle so got rid.

Got the perfect formula TSV with the 2 gel coats in ( one clear one pink). My nails love it!! Strong with white tips. No need for French polish now. Will re purchase but by the looks of things they will last me ages.

I don't rate OPI. Their nail varnish doesn't stay on anywhere near as long as Leighton or Malvala.

Whilst I'm having a whinge the two OPI guests get right up my nose, especially the one who does the nails.

They are a pair aren't they? One on autopilot the other never cracks a smile!

I used Nail Envy for weeks trying to get my weak ridged nails to grow....they got worse and started splitting so I don't rate it at all but do like Avoplex oil.
Nailtiques/Trind for nail rescue and I like Essie or Orly for colour, which I only unfortunately discovered after buying lots of Leighton denny. Like LD colours but they chip on me.

funny you should mention OPI. I had my nails done with it at a spa a few weeks ago and it started to peel off the next day, I was so disappointed because salon nails usually last longer than when I do them at home.

I like LD and I like the Nails Inc colours but no idea if it's got good staying power ?

That's the true test, isn't it? If you would buy it again. I returned the latest TSV on Sat. Found them to be runny and thin - 'sheer' so in Marketspeak. 3 coats on my toenails, big toenail chipped the next morning, with no slipper or shoe wearing! I don't paint my walls with 3 coats of paint, I want the best coverage in 1 or 2 max. Otherwise I would think the paint is inferior. Same, albeit on a smaller scale, with my nails. Not impressed. Why do they need 2 models putting on nail polish and when they zoom in for the shot, somebody's hand is blocking the shot. I like the painted-nails-on-a-stick where you can see the colours immediately instead of waiting for the application and right camera angle. And people should be cheery when they are on the Q telly. So there!

Nail Envy never did anything for me, I did find some Essie in T K Maxx..some "Grow Stronger" some "Grow Faster" - bought both of course being a sucker for anything that might help my nails, but unfortunately this didn't either - glad you've had some success with it LIAM

Oh BM, my nails are as difficult as my skin and hair! Was very surprised with this brand and hope it is a keeper. Funny (peculiar not ha ha) how we all get different results.

I totally adore Essie polishes!!!!! I only paint my toe nails usually and get a good two weeks out of them. OPI usually a week. I did get over excited to find a Essie stand in my local Boots last week, I must have walked past without noticing before. :confused:

Have to disagree. One coat of Nail Envy followed by 2 coats of polish and a final coat of Nail Envy. Lasts a good week and I'm a hairdresser.

I use Nail Envy when my nails are bad and it works on me. I also find OPI is the best polish for staying power on me but nothing lasts for more than three or four days. Even two/three week gel stuff is knackered after about 10 days.

But it is very much each to their own. What works for me won't necessarily work for you.

I do think Nails Inc have the best range of colours/textures. Am currently wearing Bluebell on my toes which is a pretty creamy blue/lilac.

Another non-fan here. I've always had success with Mavala nail care products.

Mavala polishes are fab. Only £4 for a little bottle, which is great because it's finished before it goes thick, you don't get bored with a massive bottle, you can easily get away with only one coat and it doesn't chip after two days.

Have to disagree. One coat of Nail Envy followed by 2 coats of polish and a final coat of Nail Envy. Lasts a good week and I'm a hairdresser.

love OPI, do 1 coat of nail envy, 2 coats of polish and toe nails last 2 weeks easily without chipping and finger nails last at least a week and l do not wear rubber gloves when washing up or doing any housework, love OPI :happy:

I don't bother with nail varnish - I love it, but I can't go 24 hours without it chipping whatever brand I try!

I put OPI on my nails for the 1st time last night - it looked lovely but I am keen to see how long it lasts. I get varying results with NI and LD - sometimes great, sometimes chipping etc within a couple of days - if OPI stays the distance I will switch to them (but not from QVC) as they are NOT OPI they are Lena White so I have never understood how they can get the best deals/prices (they don't imo) - I look on ebay at US sites where the prices are much better

This thread just proves we are all different! Nothing lasts on my nails for more than 2 days absolute maximum.

LD doesnt last 2 mins on me - i put it on before going on bed and by the time i have showered the next morning its coming off so OPI is good compared to that! I like nails inc but more as a fashion brand so i use it for going out and take it off the next day!

The only thing nail envy is good for is making my nails grow faster but not stronger!

Latest posts

Back